Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    That could also depend entirely on the user. If somebody has racked up 600 posts with zero infractions and is generally known to not stir things up, a PM'd warning and deletion of post is also perfectly acceptable. Cases like that are typically the exception, but then again, that's at the discretion of the moderator.
    And what of the ones that the Scrapbot passes out?
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

10+ Year Old Account
    Only thing I can think of is make certain moderation stuff easier to find. I've yet to find a list of "forbidden topics."

By that I mean, I was on my first week and figured I'd lurked enough to post, and there was a thread discussing holy priest talents. A few people were complaining about lightwell, and I made the mistake of mentioning ToC lightwell and how its kind of like a totem.
    Got a rather aggrivated PM, something along the lines of "Your ideas for lightwells are not new, exciting or original, and we're all sick of hearing about it. Do not post about it, it is a forbidden topic."
    And then a three day ban. :C

Other than that you're usually fully aware that what you're doing is a no-no, whether or not you want to try and play Phoenix Wright with the mods and wiggle your way out of a ban you know deep down you deserve is up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    And what of the ones that the Scrapbot passes out?
    Scrapbot's the middleman! Moderator -> Infract Button -> Magic -> Scrapbot sends PM to user with the Moderator's reason for banning and optional message.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    Yeah, exactly. It's how we changed the system to be. So you have to do multiple minor things before you get banned.
    I got a three day ban on my first infraction, I guess this system wasn't in place in late 2010. xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Scrapbot's the middleman! Moderator -> Infract Button -> Magic -> Scrapbot sends PM to user with the Moderator's reason for banning and optional message.
    That makes sense then I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    I got a three day ban on my first infraction, I guess this system wasn't in place in late 2010. xD
    At the time, no there was not. And to be fair, at the time, there was a "READ BEFORE POSTING" sticky at the top of the Priest forums, which had a very big "Do not post about ToC Lightwell" in it.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

If you have a problem with moderators, send me or Sunshine a PM.

If you have a problem with rules, send me or Sunshine a PM.

If you plan to create a public thread to complain about the rules and just try to lawyer the shit out of everything, you're against the rules and in a very very ironic place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Yeah, we used to have a different system, pre Jan(I think? maybe a little later) of this year. We became mods in December and it was in place for a bit. One infraction was an auto ban, we changed it to this because it works better for you guys. You can now get an infraction and know what you did was bad instead of auto 3 day timeout.

Some forums have certain rules in place. Like the priest forums have their own rules stickied and at the time, lolwell posts weren't allowed because there were just too many of them and they were never constructive.

Same as like, the OT forums. They have their own special rules about forbidden topics, what you can or cannot post, things like that.

General forbidden topics for the whole forum are here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/faq.php?...orbiddentopics
    Here are ones for General: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...efore-posting)

If any forums have specific ones, they will be stickied =]

The Bib has spoken, most questions answered, going to close this. Any other questions feel free to PM me, or any other smod or admin.