Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Healers are like tanks.

I don't understand pvp in this game. Why are healers allowed to heal themselves through three people dpsing them? I feel like in bgs a priest can run through a battle, have 2 melee on him and survive easily by just putting a bubble and some quick heals. I thought priests wear cloth? Shouldn't they be in the back of the pack, protected by their allies to keep them from harm. Why should a healer have that much power to be able to surive massive burst damage and heal their teamates at the same time. Isn't that a tank job to take massive burst damage?

Yeah I know, the idiot dps should be silencing/CCing/stunning the healer in co coordination. But seriously, should it take that much effort from three people to take down one player?

It doesn't make sense. Healers in bgs should just be a support role. Like a medic or a field surgeon. Not the ultimate decider on who wins the bg. Don't even get me started when you have two enemy healers constantly putting heals on eachother. It takes about half of your team to take that down...

Healers should be squishy targets that need to be protected and not invincible pillars of immunity.

Just my opinion and not actual facts. Your experiences may differ.
    Wotlk is the best expansion WoW ever had. GO SHARKS!!!

Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm. Two melee, with ten-second cooldown interrupts that lock out for four seconds, and they can't bother to keep the priest locked down? (And don't tell me the priest is keeping himself alive with instant casts, ha.)

10+ Year Old Account
    The healer may survive being attacked, but it's not like he can retaliate in any meaningful manner.

My friend, mana is finite. You can't heal yourself forever.
    "Oh yay! Happy little deer!
    Now they can grow up and have ADVENTURES.
    You're swell. "

- Mylune
    (aww... she said I'm swell <3 )

Just because it can't be killed fast by you in your epic armor and can counter your attacks mostly does not mean it's not fair :P
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gandalf fought a Balrog.

He wore cloth too.
    Spewbucket - 80 Human Warrior
    Gothpuncher - 85 Resto Shammy - Retired
    Wahmbulance - 33 Gnome Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothpuncher View Post
    Gandalf fought a Balrog.

He wore cloth too.

If you don't mind me borrowing this.

Healers are easy to kill if you don't suck and can occasionally interrupt. If they don't die the problem is you, not that they're a healer.

The reason healers can heal through more than one DPSer is because there is no "threat" in PVP.
    If a healer can't outheal a single DPSer, there's no reason to bring a healer to PVP at all.
    If a healer can only outheal a single DPSer, then it's only going to take a moment for two DPSers to finish that healer off, and then there was again no reason to bring a healer.

If healers were labeled "supporters" or something, sure. If they brought tons of buffs and made everyone stronger and la la la, you'd have a point.
    As-is, healers bring around the same number of buffs (if that) as anyone else, and the way they have time to be useful is by being capable of healing through a handful of uncoordinated DPSers.

That said, time to time resilience does get out of whack or certain specs get OP and those healers can become stronger than is intended. Maybe that's happening, who knows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because they can't kill you while keeping themselves alive. Trade off.

i think your approach about killing healers is wrong. think of it as bursting his mana bar instead of his hp bar.
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

Quote Originally Posted by PlatedPriest View Post
    i think your approach about killing healers is wrong. think of it as bursting his mana bar instead of his hp bar.
    this this and this once the healers mana bar is gone theres no more heals and interupts are there for a reason l2 use them
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, healers are way better then tanks. They aren't the only problem with the sloppy pvp system that is wow. But think about it, pvp is simply not what wow is about (As odd as it may seem) Pvp is just an after thought. I'll be honest, I haven't played the game in some time. But when I did, class comp overrode skill every single time assuming you don't just suck. Meaning yea, you need lockouts and cc to deal with those pesky holy rollers.

I agree though. Healers should be more supportive and less required, but that's not the way this game works. Healers make good players gods. That's the way its been for like... ever. If I was going to make a game, it would be balanced off pvp, but that wouldn't be wow. If you want to pvp in wow, work with what ya got, and when it frustrates you, walk away.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    —Aristotle

15+ Year Old Account
    Gandalf fought a Balrog.

He wore cloth too.
    This amused me greatly. Of course it should be pointed out he was a mage and not a priest.

See, now we know who the real OP ones are (like there was ever any doubt).

:P
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

10+ Year Old Account
    Healers have to be able to heal through that many people solo or else they are pointless to bring. And the only way to bring them down is either persevere with the wittling away of mana, of CC them. Nothing wrong with that, and I thinks that's how it needs to be for healers to remain useful.
    "I'll tell you something, my Tenchi, you know the carnival comes and goes. But if you wait for a while, it'll always come back to you, Tenchi."~Ryoko TENCHIxRYOKO FTW!

"The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the Force.
    The Force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined. The crystal, the blade, the Jedi. You are one.

A good healer you need to burn through their mana while keeping them stunned/interrupted as much as possible, a bad healer can be taken down with a stun and a few interrupts... Remember too stuns are the time to burn those CDs of your own. And make sure you ruin their CDs by preventing them being able to heal during them.

If healers couldn't keep themselves alive though they would flat out die every time 1 DPS is on them. The game would not work that way either, and would in fact be much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
    Yeah I know, the idiot dps should be silencing/CCing/stunning the healer in co coordination. But seriously, should it take that much effort from three people to take down one player?
    It only takes 1 person if they are a Rogue

Glyphed Garrote, KS, Kick, Shadow Dance - Garrote, Blind, KS, Kick, CoS off Fear, Gouge/Kick...dead?

Also, the idea is to bounce pressure between targets. Putting some on the Healer and some on another squishy target will force him to make decisions. Well, at least in arena, timing switches and stuff like that is key sometimes.
    Last edited by G l o w y r m; 2011-07-01 at 05:13 AM.

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

Deleted
    Gandalf fought a Balrog.

He wore cloth too.
    Oh lawd...funny stuff right there, nothing else in this day is going to be more awesome than that response <3

healers are intentionally designed to be able to survive about 2~ dps on them because if they couldn't, then what would be the point of having one in pvp
    Battlemaster Ralamus (retired rogue)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
    Healers should be squishy targets that need to be protected and not invincible pillars of immunity.
    cant really protect them go taunt another player and see how it works

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    This amused me greatly. Of course it should be pointed out he was a mage and not a priest.

See, now we know who the real OP ones are (like there was ever any doubt).

:P
    I totally agree with u. Meh that's the reason why Blizzard's designers always like mages.
    Alright , they could fight with Raggy by melee attack.

ever wonder why stuns were invented?