Firelands heroic mode turned off in all regions until next week's maintenance.

Guess ranking doesn't start until next week?

EDIT: Source from Blizzard's recently published July 1st hotfixes. I can't post links, but it is under their blog.

• Dungeons & Raids
    • Firelands
    • Firelands Heroic difficulty has been turned off in all regions until the following week's realm maintenance.
    Last edited by Saiver; 2011-07-02 at 12:02 AM.

Creative use of Blizzard mechanics. Glad they're looking into it and came up with a temp solution. With luck they'll fix the loophole for 4.3

/still a fan of Stars

10+ Year Old Account
    Source?

Also if this is true they really shouldn't do it. Not like Stars broke any rules. They just really wanted World Firsts more than anyone else.

Oh I'm not spitting on Stars at all because they had the means to go through with the group faction change and went through with it. Just shows Blizzard's stance on that use of mechanics which is unfortunate for them.
    Last edited by Saiver; 2011-07-02 at 12:02 AM. Reason: source

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I had deep respect for stars of there yogg zero but that was just poor sport right there

I know some of you will disagree with me in terms of what they did but cmon now

Good for blizzard and unfortunate for STARS

kinda odd how all the top guilds are from us servers

normally its the other way around.and according to the webpage i got on paragon wasnt even on the list and i know they were like top guild in the world before 4.2

Quote Originally Posted by Nonfictionless View Post
    Source?

Also if this is true they really shouldn't do it. Not like Stars broke any rules. They just really wanted World Firsts more than anyone else.
    You mean they could try and buy World First before anyone. Fact is they used micro-transactions, which many guilds can't afford, to "work the system" for the first. That gives them an unfair advantage. Frankly if they are really THAT good, they can get world first the old fashion way without trickery.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunkJuice5 View Post

normally its the other way around.and according to the webpage i got on paragon wasnt even on the list and i know they were like top guild in the world before 4.2
    We'll see that change next week.

Deleted

I can tell you why... Have a few friends in the top guilds, and they arent killing anything atm because they are practicing heroic tactics...

You will see their kills by the end of this reset and then you will see their heroic zerging next reset

You cannot kill a boss more than once in a week. That is how the game works. Any experienced player, especially in a guild as high profile as Stars, knows that. Circumventing that restriction in any way is an obvious, conscious exploit of an unintended error in the game mechanics.

Frankly, a guild like this should know better.

Deleted
    People complain when they hear about a premium account, because it may give people with money an "unfair advantage" - but when Stars pay to get an "unfair advantage" it's their own money, they can do whatever they want to.

Gotta love hypocrisy.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JeKv View Post
    You cannot kill a boss more than once in a week. That is how the game works. Any experienced player, especially in a guild as high profile as Stars, knows that. Circumventing that restriction in any way is an obvious, conscious exploit of an unintended error in the game mechanics.

Frankly, a guild like this should know better.
    I have to agree with this 100%.

If you're a high-end guild, you should have the dignity to play the game the way it's intended to be played, not abusing paid services to cheat your way to world firsts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonfictionless View Post
    Source?

Not like Ensidia broke any rules when they threw engineering bombs at the lich king ?? They got banned and the kill removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbnut View Post
    People complain when they hear about a premium account, because it may give people with money an "unfair advantage" - but when Stars pay to get an "unfair advantage" it's their own money, they can do whatever they want to.

Gotta love hypocrisy.
    You're applying select arguments to "people" as a whole, and then positing that those exact same people have spoken up against "premium accounts."

Gotta love generalization and unfounded accusation.

Wowprogress.com and other similar sites can't update for EU or other servers because of the armory. That's why they have all US guilds in the rankings, not because EU hasn't downed them.

In fact, it looks like they just recently updated it, as the front page of wowprogress.com no longer has just US guilds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Agomar View Post
    Yep... Try looking for their guild in the top, failed to mention that its Method (Which is the guild i am rooting for world firsts)

They are just doing heroic mode practice, and i would assume that the other important guilds are doing that aswell

15+ Year Old Account
    if they left it unlocked all the heroic bosses will be dead before next week, now it's simply gonna be a few extra days is all. 7 months to create and test and instance and 2 weeks to utterly destroy it, i see 7 bosses is a brilliant idea in the grand scheme of things
    Unfortunately, until the people at Blizzard take time to quit explaining why they are right and anyone who disagrees is wrong, they are not going to even hear everyone speaking out desperately trying to warn them the ship is sinking.
    the problems driving players from WoW aren't content or the age of the game, the problem is how the game experience and design philosophy are being undermined by Blizzard's hubris and greed.