Ryholith legs - DPS or speed?

My guild has said that moving Ryholith's legs is just a matter of hitting the legs, and that more dps doesn't move the legs any faster than weaker dps. I've been trying to get confirmation of this, just for my own peace of mind. Can anyone confirm this?

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    the more dps you do, the more degrees the legs will move by
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    OMG EVERYONE IS BANNED.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just do more dps. More people on it = faster turning. We pretty much just drove it with 3 people and a demo lock/shadow priest took care of adds.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeiri View Post
    Just do more dps. More people on it = faster turning. We pretty much just drove it with 3 people and a demo lock/shadow priest took care of adds.
    I understand that more people on it = faster turning. What I'm after is if a 3k hit will turn him just as fast as a 40k hit. Does dps matter in how much he turns, or does every hit turn him the same?

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly don't know because we didn't bother trying to test it.

Unless you are going to leave people autoattacking only it it shouldn't matter anyway. Put melee, or casters who are not dot heavy on it and it will be fine. Call for help when needed.

I would guess it's based on damage done.

I wonder though, why would it matter? if you're not nuking the shit out of them the fight lasts longer and you could wipe, why would you ever not do that?

Quote Originally Posted by zoefschildpad View Post
    I would guess it's based on damage done.

I wonder though, why would it matter? if you're not nuking the shit out of them the fight lasts longer and you could wipe, why would you ever not do that?
    I'm usually on adds. If they legturners need help, I'd like to know if I can throw so quick instant casts on the legs to turn them, or if I need to bring some big casts.

They just made him easier to turn, but as to your question there is a damage quota there. We tested it a bit with one, two, then three people. First just auto attacking, then going all out. Finally we had every dps go crazy on it.

Its as if he has a shield up on each foot and once it breaks he starts to turn. The more dps past this barrier equals the sharper he'll turn.

Deleted
    Gets me wondering also. Will a melee cleaving on both legs i.e. a combat rogue (Blade Flurry) significantly affect the turning of the boss?

@ the OP, we found that once we started breaking the armor down, he was turning easier, which leads me to believe that it's damage done to a degree. DBM was giving us some sort of power tracking which seemed to be like, how much YOU can turn the leg but we're not really sure as far as I recall.

@ Bubbalicious, if you damage both legs, you offset the damage, basically. It's a really, really bad idea to cleave

It shouldn't matter if it's dps or speed. Higher dps on the legs means Phase 1 ends quicker which makes the fight easier for all.
    Gets me wondering also. Will a melee cleaving on both legs i.e. a combat rogue (Blade Flurry) significantly affect the turning of the boss?
    Yes it does affect the legs. If your focusing on one leg but say dots are rolling on the other he will not turn as well as if there were no dots.

We one shot this on our first try in 25m, it's such a fucking joke I don't even know where to start. :/

We just stack all our melee on the leg that needed it and told them to go all out.

Deleted
    Well I was cleaving both legs the entire fight, along with 2 other combat rogues and we killed him no probs. So it doesnt seem to make a massive impact, also bagged me 5th on dps on 25m which I was very pleased with saying as rogues are piss poor these days!