Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Hyjal rewards cost way to much to reforge...

So because of the sell price of these items they also have very high vendor prices, and that means they cost a fortune to reforge. I just got the friendly cloak and it costs me over 60 gold to reforge it, which is twice as much as my previous tier weapon...

As comparison a similar 378 cloak has a sell price of around 10.5 gold... and the heroic version is still under 11 gold, so why does a 391 item level cloak cost 1/6 of the cost of a 378 cloak to reforge?

---
    I am going to edit this post because it seems to be the ONLY one of my posts people are reading in this entire thread...
    ---

I am not complaining about it being too costly to reforge my gear. I have more than enough gold to pay to reforge it. My issue is that these costs don't make sense whatsoever, and in the grand scheme of things are totally out of line with all reason. 378 level items should all have around the same vendor value depending on the item slot. Weapons have always been the most costly and that makes sense. What I don't understand though is why two different items with the same item level and almost identical stats have vendor values that are nearly tenfold apart. And it is so obscured that the 391 rings cost nearly double that of the legendary staff. There is absolutely NO reason for that.

If they are going to raise the cost to reforging... fine. Just make sure that all the items are roughly equal, but right now there is just that small group of items that is just ridiculously far out and all of the other items in the tier are almost the same price as what they were in tier 11. I mean if you were to choose between 2 identical pieces of gear but one had 10 times the reforge cost of the other one, which one would you choose? You would probably choose the one that is cheaper to reforge because it just doesn't make sense to be wasting the gold on the other one. Sure if I have to pay that much I will, and am more than capable of doing so, but if I have the choice I would rather not.

I mean if they really intended this, fine. Make all the item level 391 rings cost 125 gold to reforge then, make all the 378 belts cost 75 gold to reforge, and make all the tier cost 100 gold a piece to reforge, it doesn't matter to me. Just don't make it like it is now with some items extremely more than others.
    Last edited by noremac; 2011-07-01 at 11:34 PM.

Not having done alot of reforging (i am still replacing pre-333 blues on many of my alts) I didn't know the cost was based on vendor prices.. I thought it was based on ilvl/stat budget of the item.

I can't imagine that it is intended like that, I mean the 378 friendly cloaks vendor for 62g 50s and the 384 pvp cloaks that are on wowhead show around 10g like you said. Wouldn't it make sense for those ones to cost a bit more?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominating View Post
    I wish Blizzard would realize that adding features designed to achieve convenience for players in turn make this game more of a job

10+ Year Old Account
    If you can play in the new area, you can most certainly afford the new costs, won't you? I would think 60g is chump change for a level 85.
    "Oh yay! Happy little deer!
    Now they can grow up and have ADVENTURES.
    You're swell. "

- Mylune
    (aww... she said I'm swell <3 )

Buy 2, one for each reforge, so you don't have to swap.
    Pliers, Ret Pally
    <Something Wicked>
    US-Whisperwind
    Semi-retired

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Considering that mostly everyone is running between 100 and 200k gold nowdays, some people more and others less, i don't find it that terrible!

It was cool when 1k gold meant something

Amry, being able to afford it or not wasn't the issue here I believe. The issue was that the vendor-cloak costs more to reforge than other cloaks, both of the same ilevel and higher ilevel that drop from bosses. This will of course also mean that the rings, belts and trinkets from the rep-vendor will cost a fortune to reforge.

Use http://www.wowreforge.com, reforge it once instead of shuffling stats around by trial an error.
    You know that pandas eat bamboo, there. They love the bamboo. You get, eh, you get a panda? And you got a bamboo in your backyard? It'll ruin it. Right? You got bamboo furniture? Well, uh, well, pandas go nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Considering that mostly everyone is running between 100 and 200k gold nowdays, some people more and others less, i don't find it that terrible!
    Holy cow, Can I have some

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering that mostly everyone is running between 100 and 200k gold nowdays
    I guess I'm not mostly everyone. Not even close to be exact...

The problem is every time I get a new piece of gear it effects all my reforges. So if I replace my wand or something I may have to reforge everything else to have optimal stats, which may be my cloak or some other piece that costs 60+ gold to reforge. The exalted items are even going to cost more, and that is just going to get out of hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Amry View Post
    If you can play in the new area, you can most certainly afford the new costs, won't you? I would think 60g is chump change for a level 85.
    God dam, I remember back in vanilla when I had 40ish g and felt like I owned the streets...

10+ Year Old Account
    Reforge = sell value.

Deleted

Bogus to Shittown.

Most people are not packing that ammount of gold so may aswell blow that idea out of your head.

Pretty sure it's just bugged in any case, as far as the cloak goes.

I mean I have about 100k but I reforge regularly and usually when I get a new piece of gear it throws off all my reforging. So if I have several pieces of the vendor gear... the rings are 391 and cost 500g so those are going to cost a small fortune to reforge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amry View Post
    Not everyone is rich. Sadly, some people still fail at gold lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am so used to reforging back and forth, etc, that I hadn't even noticed the price. But I do agree, 60g is a little steep for something blizz expects us to do on a regular basis. I mean, respecs which are relativly rare these days are coppers in comparison.
    "I'll tell you something, my Tenchi, you know the carnival comes and goes. But if you wait for a while, it'll always come back to you, Tenchi."~Ryoko TENCHIxRYOKO FTW!

"The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the Force.
    The Force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined. The crystal, the blade, the Jedi. You are one.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cost me about 232g to reforge from assassination gear to combat gear

SAD because of this friendly cloak lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I find that the gold gotten from the Hyjal dailies offsets the reforging quite nicely.

Most people run with about 10k gold per character. People who play ungodly amounts run with more, people who buy alot run with less.

Quote Originally Posted by veldrinal View Post
    Most people run with about 10k gold per character. People who play ungodly amounts run with more, people who buy alot run with less.
    I would love proof of both of your guys claims.
    Last edited by usiris; 2011-07-01 at 05:17 AM.