Deleted

Which spec to level with ?

So,my priest is level 34 with all the heirlooms but trinkets.I've been shadow till now but I've read a lot and many people say that disc is better.I also got dual spec which is disc(atonement dungeon heal and some bgs).So which is now the best spec to pick as a priest ? And is there any special rotation while leveling or something like that ? Thanks in advance.

Deleted
    In my opinion Atonement spec disc is the best for levelling. It's fast and virtually unkillable, plus you can heal BGs and Instances, so go with your offspec As for rotation not really, get the major glyph of smite and then when you can get you next glyphs get divine accuracy. And glyph of penance for prime. Then just Holy Fire on CD and use smite as filler, healing with penance/using PW:S as needed.

Hope that helps

Deleted
    Shadow with sw:death glyph is pretty good for mana regen. But I'd just lvl with the specc you want to be at max lvl. So you already know your spells and how to use them properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerpoker View Post
    Shadow with sw:death glyph is pretty good for mana regen. But I'd just lvl with the specc you want to be at max lvl. So you already know your spells and how to use them properly.
    Eh except the way you choose to level will change the way you use your spells and often does not at all resemble what you do at max level. For instance a shadow priest will rarely ever fully DoT things up while leveling, and that has nothing at all to do with the way we play at max level. Same thing goes for leveling Holy and Disc and especially if you level through questing mostly. Even in dungeons often groups plow through everything and even as a healer you do very little actual healing.

I leveled as Disc and Shadow. I dual specced as early as possible and altered between the specs many times. Initially, they were both fairly even with Disc being less mana intensive, but once I got the SW glyph, I found shadow to be both more mana efficient AND more efficient in terms of kill speed, and so I eventually quit bothering with Disc at all.

So I gotta agree with those people who say Disc is better, I've done both, and in my experience, once you get the SW glyph, shadow is just MUCH better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadow. Period. Unless you want to heal in bg's/dungeons. Then get dual spec and grab a holy/disc spec. However, you should always be shadow when out and about in the world doing quests. Sure, everything's a little out of whack in the lower levels and penance hits hard when you're level 10, but as you get higher and higher the disparity between a "healer" dps spec and shadow widens greatly. You'll soon find healer specs cannot even touch shadow's damage and that going atonement disc is just a complete, utter waste of time.

Back in WoTLK, leveled a priest as shadow by multi-dotting things. Dispersion pretty much made mana a non-issue.

So probably Shadow w/ either Holy or Disc as an off-spec.

I don't particularly like Disc, so I went with Holy as my healing spec. Not sure how much has changed, but from my experience Disc is better for PVP and useful for PVE in a raid setting (as long as the raid is not stacking multiple Disc priests), Holy is more versatile for PVE healing (instances, tank heals, raid heals, etc).

If you never played a healer before, definitely go Holy as the spec will allow you to learn how to heal many types of situations.