Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Scenario: Alcaz Island, Firelands Dailies Progression, Raidcomp, Firelands Raid Solo

A Future for Alcaz Island?
    I was poking at the Patch 4.2 game files during the week end and it looks like Blizzard has a couple of plans for Alcaz Island, a new map "Scenario, Alcaz Island" seems to be in the game files.

Map.dbc

WorldSafeLocs.dbc

It looks like the zone will be instanced at some point, and available as a "Scenario". I couldn't find anything else on "scenario" in the game files but it's very unusual to have an additional information such as this one in the name of the Map. The only exception is "Transport:" maps and we could potentially be looking at a new type of instance here.

The "Expansion" field of the Map.dbc is set to "3" and seems to point to Cataclysm content but there's also the slight possibility that it's early data from the next expansion that got mislabeled.

Firelands / Molten Front Daily Quests - Progression Breakdown
    A few days ago, Spl4sh3r posted a fairly useful list on the forums to try to explain how much time it will take you to unlock the different phases of the Firelands / Molten Front Daily Quests.

Phases Description
    Phase 1 - Beginning
    Phase 2 - Molten Front
    Phase 3 - Choose between Druids of the Talon and Shadow Wardens
    Phase 4 - Choosing the other option from Phase 3
    Phase 5 - Choosing "Additional Armaments" (See Firelands Daily Quests Rewards)
    Phase 6 - Choosing "Filling the Moonwell" (See Firelands Daily Quests Rewards)

Time to unlock the Flameward Hippogryph Mount - 30 Days

Amount of Marks Earned Phase 1 Phase 2 Phase 3 Phase 4 Phase 5 Phase 6
    One time Quests 16 x 15 x 5 x 5 x 4 x 15 x
    Beginning Daily Quests 4 x 4 x 4 x 4 x 4 x 4 x
    Molten Front Daily Quests N/A 10 x 10 x 10 x 10 x 10 x
    Faction 1 Daily Quests N/A N/A 9 x 9* x 9* x 9* x
    Faction 2 Daily Quests N/A N/A N/A 9* x 9* x 9* x
    Armaments Daily Quests N/A N/A N/A 5 x 4 x 4 x
    Total Marks Needed 20 x 150 x 150 x 125 x 125 x 125 x
    Time to Complete 1 Day 10 Days 7 Days 7 Days 5 Days 5 Days
    (*) You can only complete quests from the Phase 3 or Phase 4 on a given day, not both phases, resulting in a total of 9 Marks for that day.

Reminder - RaidComp up to date for Patch 4.2!
    There wasn't any major change to raiding mechanics in 4.2, which means that RaidComp still works for Patch 4.2! Check it out if you're wondering how to optimize your raid composition!

Firelands Raid Trash - Who wants to be a millionaire?
    This video from Mione shows why Blizzard had to hotfix the trash of the Firelands raid instance earlier this week.

Last edited by Boubouille; 2011-07-03 at 06:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Possibly a dungeon before WotA raid?

Edit: Assuming that is their plan for the next tier anyway.

Might need to revamp that table a bit, cause now, since Phase Two has officially passed it's First Day, any new toon starting the new dailies, gets jumped right up to the MOlten Front just from the one-time quests and first set of dailies on the Sanctuary (16 from quests, 4 from dailies), and will have 25 after doing the other one-times and first set of dailies at the Molten Front (and the one back at the Sanctuary after).

I tested it myself yesterday on my Druid. He just started it yesterday, getting the exact Mark totals above.

So the table there is only accurate for people who have started on Day 1, and are consistent in doing them every day (and who didn't abuse the Daily Reset bug when it happened).

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe a battleground? Cant really speculate much with just the map file.

http://www.wowhead.com/zone=5783Alcaz has been in the game for a bit, just saying^

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    scenario? that would lead me to believe it will be a bg of some sort.oh and imagine that a dk would be farming firelands trash ....

Deleted
    Deathwing's Nest? )

'Scenario' to me sounds like WG/TB battle for some reason.

Scenario just makes me think solo dungeon.

Also boub, the video isnt what they nerfed. The pyrelord and the 3 adds in the magma next to lord rhyolith are what got nerfed because you could cc the pyrelord and kill the 77k hp adds, and as long as the pyrelord was alive he would respawn the 3 adds.

I think my coffee is not working, I feel slow, but what is the point of the video and the reason for the hotfix? Were the mobs dropping too much gold or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Do I smell a new bg?

Weird, I was sent to the Molten Front on day 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadora View Post
    Also boub, the video isnt what they nerfed. The pyrelord and the 3 adds in the magma next to lord rhyolith are what got nerfed because you could cc the pyrelord and kill the 77k hp adds, and as long as the pyrelord was alive he would respawn the 3 adds.
    Lowered droprates.

Deleted
    Uh oh! Please, don't let it be a CoT instance involving Varian! D=

Lowered droprates.
    on Unbound Blazing Elementals, not scorpions or flamewalkers

Quote Originally Posted by Apoc11 View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/zone=5783Alcaz has been in the game for a bit, just saying^
    Yeah, but it's always just been there with no real purpose. No quests. Just as bunch of high lvl elites and a gnome you can't solo. The point is that there seem to be new files and it's being dubbed a scenario. Which indicates it will serve some actual purpose in the future.

I'm definitely curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Apoc11 View Post
    Yes just because something has been in the game, doesn't mean that they can't add to it or change it right?

Boub is pointing out that these files are just showing up, meaning that there is some sort of change happening to it. "Scenario" was never listed in the gamefile before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    And, on a more hostile sidenote that I can't put in a news post. Seriously, who the fuck takes mmowned as a reliable source to the point where news sites will just repost it without any double check? Now I'm sad, or mad, or both. I don't know. >
    Thanks Boub for this epic sig! lol.

Who knew that all i had to do was TAKE A CUP OF FLOWER AND ADD IT TO THE MIX.

10+ Year Old Account
    Caverns of time scenario anyone?