Baleroc 25m healing

Hey everyone,

We killed Baleroc (25m) yesterday for the first time, all nice and cool and stuff. Yet I couldn't escape from the feeling we were not approaching the healing rotation in an optimal way. We ended up with 2 disc priests (including myself) doing almost 50% of the total healing on this fight, with the other healers trailing miles behind.

We tried several ways of rotating the healers but timing on the buffs between healers and/or crystal cooldown (making you 'wait' before you can start stacking again) made this pretty much impossible for us to call out on vent or anything like that.

So my question is, how did you guys approach the healing on this boss? To be more precise, how did you handle the buff-stacking and USING without getting the tanks and/or torment targets killed in the process?

Do you have logs? Hard to judge what actually happened without logs.

On another note, one thing I'd like to point out is that you can pre-emptively heal your offtank before he takes that first big 90% health hit. If your healers are smart and using some sort of healing addon, they can target the boss while healing (as opposed to some healers who are too good to use addons, so they have to target their heal target, thus not being able to watch cast bars on boss w/o a focus). You know for a fact that your offtank is taunting decimation blade, and there is indeed a cast bar on decimation blade. So if your healers are targetting him, they can start casting their big heal on the offtank right away (despite him being at full health) so that the second decimation blade hits and the offtank goes to 10% health, he's right up to full again. I know this may seem minor, but it actually makes a BIG difference during the fight when your offtank isn't trying to eat melee swings at 10% health. Your entire healing rotation changes when a healing target is at 90% health vs 50% vs 10%.

I'm sure you're using your buffs just fine, after all you did kill the boss ( grats =D ), but in the end it just comes down to practice. I do know that for our 25 man kill we had 2 main "tank healing groups" who would alternate back and forth, with one group healing tanks and the other building stacks. Is this similar to what you tried?

Unfortunatly I don't have any logs (as I failed to type /combatlog after a relog before the raid, so WoL running in the background the entire evening did exactly nothing).

We tried a strategy where we divided the healers into 2 groups who would alternate back and forth, but this made the healing really messy due to the difference in timers on everyone's buffs (especially in combination with small periods of 'no shards'). People would have to stop healing the tanks in order not to reactivate glory

In the end we resorted to having 2 'raid healers' who would make sure the tormented targets didn't die, and would assist on the tanks with their hots. The remaining 4 healers were assigned to the tanks and basically went ffa between switching to grab some stacks and healing the tanks.

I ended up with ~50 stacks at the end of the fight being part of that tankhealing group, the other disc priest around 70. I'm not sure it was lack of stacks on the other healers or the absorbs being OP that resulted in a very skewed healing meter. (Bless blizzard for actually making PW:S scale with the buff!)

Maybe it would be better to let 2 tank healers go mental on getting stacks early on, while the other 2 tankhealer make sure the tanks don't die, then switching? Did you assign all healers to the tanks? How many healers did you use?

Deleted
    We made 3 healing/crystal groups, A B and C

Each group consisted of 2 healers, 2 melee and 2 ranged.

To start, all 6 healers on the tanks, the whole raid split into 2 (well 3 spots), a ranged spot, a melee spot and the tanks seperate.

First spike appeared group A melee and grp A ranged stood at the relevant spike, and 1 healer was assigned melee heal and the other to ranged, then when the stacks got too high the other melee and the other ranged started "tanking" the spike. Whilst B and C healers healed tanks.

2nd spikes appeared, A healers healed tanks with the buff, B healers healed the melee and ranged on spikes and C healers continued healing the tanks.

3rd Spike, A healers on tanks, B healers on tanks with the buff, C healers healing the melee and ranged on spike.

and rotate, I'm sure we might have been missing something but it worked and all the healers did roughly the same output:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/3...?s=2130&e=2419 log of the fight.

Thank you Getrude, I like the idea of assigning specific healers to specific torment-tanks. That's not very unlike what we did before, but a bit more structured. It ignores the fact that your Glory might just have been reactivated when you're supposed to start healing the tanks again, but that should really be an almost non-issue. At the very least it removes some of the 'rng' of our tactics where with a bit of bad luck all MT healers might be healing the torment targets and none the tank, or vice versa.

I think we'll try that for our 2nd kill!