Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Are we playing an MMORPG or an Economy Market Simulator?

15+ Year Old Account
    It was obvious Truegold won't have the spike other stuff had. People won't be making 359 gear anymore and 378 items require people to raid which means the demand is going to drop really low for a while before going up again.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

Nobody has the crafting patterns yet that use the Truegold. Prices will skyrocket in approximately 20 days. You'll regret it then. In the meantime, others (like me) thank you for the cheap Truegold.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Skullcrack View Post
    Of course you do. Staying with a bad investment because you cannot accept your mistake and cut your losses is one of the basic mistakes amateur investors make, it's due to simple human psychology. Whether the market went up or down is irrelevant, what you need to look at are the expected future gains. Although at the end of the day if you want to invest in stocks you just buy the index and hold for 10-20 years, anything else is just stupid.
    Of course, but amateur investors also make faulty assessments which leads to them bailing on investments that have reached its bottom. It's no doubt this chap made a poor choice, purely because his analysis was far too short-sighted. In real life, as in WoW, the difference between people who lose money investing and make money is the ability to read the market, and also having the confidence to stick with their investment.

So you heard it here first folks! Truegold is the new hot investment, get it while you can! And if we're wrong...well, it's your fault for listening to a bunch of random people on the internet :P.

Quote Originally Posted by Archijs View Post
    You do know, that if you combine truegold with living ember, you get ilvl378 stuff, which in my case is BiS-pre-hc, right? (rogueboots)
    You do know that truegold is not required for any of the 378 craftables, only for the 365 stuff from the Hyjal daily quests?

Deleted
    isnt most of the new patterns epic weapons that use truegold? id say there is money there to retards and alt-aholics myself

Deleted
    I sat on 450 Truegold and decided to list 200 in my AH for 499 Gold yesterday to "block" the maximum sell price.

My plan was tu buy all undercutters out. But I got busted. Another AH Baron bought out ALL 200 Bars within few minutes when I was just afk. DAMMIT xD

At least I have aonther 250 bars and will continue buying all truegold bars below 600 Gold. I am sure there will be a big Return of Invest.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    In the meantime, others (like me) thank you for the cheap Truegold.
    I did the same thing lol.

Also the drop rate of living embers is low at the moment. In four bosses we have still yet to get one (10 man)

Deleted
    After looking around, I see that the vast majority of the gear crafted with Truegold is ilv365, and there isn't even that much of it. Most of the ilv378 gear recipes are drops from the raid and do not require Truegold.

Nothing that requires Living Embers to craft needs Truegold either.

This does make me wonder if Truegold really is going to go up in price very much...

The ilvl 365 weapons need 8 (!) Truegolds. That's quite a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Archaos View Post
    After looking around, I see that the vast majority of the gear crafted with Truegold is ilv365, and there isn't even that much of it. Most of the ilv378 gear recipes are drops from the raid and do not require Truegold.
    Nothing that requires Living Embers to craft needs Truegold either.
    This does make me wonder if Truegold really is going to go up in price very much...
    You are right and wrong. You are right about the ilvl and living embers, but you are totally wrong about
    the 365 item buyers. Its not the raiders, that need the crafted items.

The past has shown how the market reacts pretty precice, so yeah, i dont worry about my stacks at all.
    Granted, i didnt play all my cards to truegold for this patch, but i still got 500+ of em, and im sure, i get at lease twice the money i invested into em back.

I sat on 450 Truegold and decided to list 200 in my AH for 499 Gold yesterday to "block" the maximum sell price.
    My plan was tu buy all undercutters out. But I got busted. Another AH Baron bought out ALL 200 Bars within few minutes when I was just afk. DAMMIT xD
    At least I have aonther 250 bars and will continue buying all truegold bars below 600 Gold. I am sure there will be a big Return of Invest.

Had a nice thing like that aswell, but i was the lucky part. Some guy(a tank from a pretty known guild to be exact, no clue why he does business with his main char) was putting up truegolds with 100g, but no buyout. He had 25 of em up in ah. And every time on short, he cancelled em.
    I saw him online on short, and asked with my rogue(alt, not in my main's guild), would he help me to get the ZA bear. I told him ill pay him 1k gold, if i get the bear, 500 if not.
    And he agreed to tank! Without cancelling his auctions, so i went into ZA, while my bank was keeping an eye on the truegold.(different account, for obvious reasons). So here i am, with 25 truegolds, each for 233g and something. Missed the bear, payd my 500g, and looted 25 truegolds)).

Deleted
    I stocked about 20 Truegold bars and I'm holding onto them for a little longer.

Orrrrrr you could wait to sell them until people have the need for them
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

Expect a sharp rise in the coming weeks when people get the patterns that require Truegold in quantity

10+ Year Old Account
    I stock piled about 4 stacks before the patch at around 600g each. Patch day prices went up to about 1K, and promptly fell to 500g each withing a few days.
    This made me kind of worried, but after reading all the posts here, I've decided to do exactly what I do when the stocks I have confidence in fall, double down.
    All the weapon reciped cost 8 truegold + some cheap mats and some orbs which most BSs have stacks of. That's about 4.5K per weapon.

I don't think I could count the number of Holy pallys willing pay 10K for a Lightforged Elementium Hammer.
    Every Bear is going to want a Witch Hunter's Harvester.

Truegold is going to be a goldmine.
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Skullcrack View Post
    Of course you do. Staying with a bad investment because you cannot accept your mistake and cut your losses is one of the basic mistakes amateur investors make, it's due to simple human psychology. Whether the market went up or down is irrelevant, what you need to look at are the expected future gains. Although at the end of the day if you want to invest in stocks you just buy the index and hold for 10-20 years, anything else is just stupid.
    While this may be true for unforeseeable events, in the case presented we have an event that will take place that I(we) think will raise the price of an item. And we have people like the OP who looks at this and doesnt think that it will raise, we do; and that is why we will continue to hold on to our investment.

To confusing didnt read?

A company just came out that was hyped but its stocks didnt do well, but they have stated that they will be releasing a new XX item that you and a lot of other think will raise the price of their stock sometime in the foreseeable future, but you have others(OP) who dont.

Prices spiked to 1k by the end of tuesday night day of the patch, and dropped from there. 450 on my server atm and I am holding on to my truegold right now.

Hey, at least I abused the volatiles market while it lasted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

If you were stockpiling Truegold with the intent of only selling them back at higher prices, you're doing it wrong.

lol, everyone is trying to tell them selves that they have done a good investment. by keeping the truegold. i really recognize this from the stockmarket.

many were stockpiling tg to 4.2 - the price did not go up.
    many are 'sure' that the increase will come .. i see this every day on stock forums around the world. ppl sitting on bad bets but they are sure it will be a winner one day.

well well, if you are that sure, then you should buy all the tg you see now below a certain price. for example the price you started stock piling it before the 4.2? put your gold where your mouth is. (as a few of you are doing)

good luck to you all! i also piled up some volatiles etc but were fortune enough to dump at least 50% of my stock on the days just after 4.2 so i guess my stock now is for 'free'. the prices were quite crazy at my server 1-2 days into 4.2

i also sit on some tg but only like 10-20pcs of them =)

Of course prices are going to go up but not until the plans are unlocked off the vendors and people start getting more embers which differs server to server.