Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    I dont regret stockpiling on Truegold, I've already made my first 20k from Blacksmithing. The two handed sword goes like warm bread on my server, yeah 20k probably isn't alot, but prices on my server is really fucked up =/

Yea if anything - these won't take a true hit in price until the CD to make them is removed - that's how it usually happens with 24 hour CD stuff.
    And im sure someone has said this - but you need it for more than just the 365 stuff it's also used for the 378 patterns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    - but you need it for more than just the 365 stuff it's also used for the 378 patterns.
    No, it's not.
    http://www.wowhead.com/items=9?filte...23;crv=40200:0

Truegold up to 1500-1750 per bar on my server so stockpiling payed off big time had 167 bars . Love the people who sold at 400g before the patterns were out. Just want to say thank you for sells early. 250k in the bank dont have to farm for awhile.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't regret it.

This probably have been said before (didnt read all posts) but truegold will forever be needed to make the mount, so just like titanium skyrocketed because of the bike in cataclysm so will truegold most likely be worth loads in the next expansion when noone is farming volatiles any more

On The Venture Co RPPvP EU, we had no increase in Truegold for a while, so I bought all the cheap Truegold at 350g each, and sold 'em on for 900g each. Now the market is crashing again as everyone thinks their Truegold is worth 900g, and with the market now flooded, the gold is hitting new lows of 250g.

Good thing all mine sold. 25K in a matter of hours. : )

i stockpilled truegold. each one costs me aprox 300 gold (considering transmute master) i had 80 of them. i payed 200g for each chaos orb and crafted some weapon 365. i sold them for 12000g aprox each one. so... costs: less than 5000g. benefits: 12500g... good job!

still i regret stockpilling hardened elementium. had 200 of them but they sold at the same price than before xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep thanks to stocking Truegold for a long time and then having a BS and an Eng with around 50 orbs each means I'm over 200K gold for the first time ever in my wow career. I was even able to buy some extra TG bars for around 400 shortly before the BS and ENG patterns opened which allowed for even more lucrative weapon crafting.

I do not regret stockpiling Truegold at all.
    "Brevity is...wit"

give it time and prices will go back up, just need to time it right. Once people make all that gear for their mains they wont want to farm for their alts, and will just buy it off the AH which is when the prices will go up again.

On Khaz'goroth TG was 600g pre-4.2. On patch day they spiked at 800g, then people realised that the craftables wouldnt be available for a while, so TG dropped to 550g. When the patterns unlocked, TG peaked at 900g and is now down to 750g.

Deleted
    Before the patterns, Truegold was at 450-550g, I was able to sel 8 for 720g/bar, 4 for 750g/bar, and another 8 by CoD for 750g/bar (but AH has dropped to 670-720 by now, so I'm not sure if they guy will honor our deal).

I must be honest: this was not the result I was hoping for. I stockpiled around 80 Truegold, and lost 20 of them now, and another 8 were for my own weapon.

I have to say however that Volatile prices have skyrocketed now, so soon it will be too expensive to buy all Volatiles to make a Truegold for 600g. That's where I come in, having made my Truegold at 400g mat price, and able to undercut that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Epohax View Post
    I have to say however that Volatile prices have skyrocketed now, so soon it will be too expensive to buy all Volatiles to make a Truegold for 600g. That's where I come in, having made my Truegold at 400g mat price, and able to undercut that.
    Quoting myself, looks like I was right. Volatile prices have risen pretty hard and because of this the Truegold price went back up to 800g as well. I even sold some at that price. Meanwhile I'm dumping my volatiles while the price is high (I don't need the Truegold cooldown now, and am transmuting Volatile Life to Volatile Water/Air, whichever is more expensive at that moment).

Volatile Life used to be around 4-5g, but now they are up to 8g or something. I hope it goes down by the time I need a shitload for my darkmoon cards (6 aug).

Still got 60-ish Truegold to dump.

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    Quote Originally Posted by Airath View Post

Patience, discipline!
    This so much, truegold dropped to 400-425 per on my server the week after the patch, i grabbed all I could find for under 500g, I had a hard cap of 50 stacks, i didn't want to go over that. I got my 50 stacks in two weeks, never paid over 450 for any of them. Been unloading them for the past week or so for 700g per, I never list more than 20 a day. And i am still making 3 a day assuming i get no procs on two xmute spec'd alchemists. i'm roughly 275k in the good on just the ones i bought, and the folks are just now starting to get cheap embers, and the patterns.

I'm profiting off of folks that just don't have the patience, or the forward thinking to realize everyone else had a ton stockpiled and the market would CRASH like hell when folks realized they weren't gonna make quick gold, and started to unload out of fear they lost their ass. Take a good look at the market before you get too deep into any one thing. Truegold can be made constantly, always gonna be a steady supply. But when demand>supply (when folks start getting recipes, and embers get lower and lower) that's the best time to unload slowly what you have.

Just keep an eye on www.theunderminejournal.com set up an alert for your realm, and the amount you want to sell for, and boom, you are still flying high.

Only thing that will go up in price will be orbs unless Blizzard makes them BOE fast. The fact you need 5 for each craft depletes the stock very very fast. I burned through 50 of mine very fast, mostly crafted for my alts and sold 3 crafts for 500g/orb each. Truegold will be always limited by orbs availability unless people are stupid enough to buy TG before checking with their contractual BS about orbs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron01 View Post
    Only thing that will go up in price will be orbs unless Blizzard makes them BOE fast. The fact you need 5 for each craft depletes the stock very very fast. I burned through 50 of mine very fast, mostly crafted for my alts and sold 3 crafts for 500g/orb each. Truegold will be always limited by orbs availability unless people are stupid enough to buy TG before checking with their contractual BS about orbs.
    Yes and no. Technically, you could get 5 orbs faster than 5 Truegold if you want to transmute them yourself. With a little dedication, you can farm 5 orbs in one evening. Almost no one has 5 alchemists at their disposal for 5 Truegold cooldowns (also, you mostly need 8 Truegolds).
    Therefore the limiting factor is more the Truegold than the orbs, because of that daily cooldown. The amount needed (8) effectively forces you to get the remaining Truegold on the market.

Look at it this way. You are a blacksmith and just unlocked the patterns. You have the orbs because you ran heroics but for many weeks you had no use for them, so you have stocked about 10. At this moment you have only 5 Truegold, acquired over the last few weeks. You can either:

* Take 3 days to transmute a Truegold yourself and save around +/- 200g per bar by buying the mats and transmuting
    * Buy the 3 Truegolds from auction house or a player

Everyone knows it would be better to craft the item NOW and sell it NOW instead of 3 days later. Since you had 10 orbs, you could make another weapon as well. This time you have a choice as well: wait 8 days (!!) or buy all on AH. It is obvious to me that people will just buy on the AH if they are still profiting when they sell the actual 365 weapon itself.

Above is the reason why I stockpiled Truegold. Because of the daily cooldown and the fact that people want to sell their items NOW and not 1 week later (price drop) causes a surge in demand for Truegold, and I'm riding that wave.