Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    1 doomguard every 10min its really annoying on progress fights, its not up every attempt and it sucks when that attempt was the kill.

It should be 5min cd with lower damage to make up for it, ot a 5min CD with same damge but with a "sated" like debuff so when you die you would have it up

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    What a doomguard can do as Demo with no damage modifiers, raid buffed.
    |
    v

No damage modifiers as in it wasn't the Alysrazor burn phase, but you used a pot, at least one mastery trinket and lust?

If you like to play demo/need the 10% int then that's your business but trying to argue that Demo is better single target DPS is simply delusional. Just one look at raidbots/simcraft and you can write that off.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvre View Post
    If you like to play demo/need the 10% int then that's your business but trying to argue that Demo is better single target DPS is simply delusional. Just one look at raidbots/simcraft and you can write that off.
    Well this is awkward.

I myself am looking forward to the day that I can get the moonwell chalice. I believe that is what moved Demo up the charts. Demo right now is not going to be the top dps spec single target, although it does remain competitive. Even when you do get all the gear that allows it to move up toward the sim numbers it will be difficult because it is reliant on very specific cooldown use. The truth is that none of the specs should really be looked down upon. None of them are garbage and we should be thankful for this.

doomgaurds going to be nerfed, no doubt. eventually at least.

I got bored and decided to put together an off set just to see how ridiculous i could get just for this purpose. turns out its possible to peak around ~6k mastery. can you imagine? insane is just what is is. ofcourse this includes gemming etc, wouldn't recommended unless you got extra gear/gold/time laying around.

Quote Originally Posted by lolterribads View Post
    This thread offered so much, but only delivered a heaping pile of fail

#1- It's a Felguard, not Doomguard. Doomguard is the CD pet that all warlock specs can summon
    #2- There have been several points made that it is still a bit behind other specs because of the felguard running between targets = dps loss, and if you have to move also then you won't achieve results like in the sim.
    #3- You are basing facts off of a sim? They show results that could be achieved on a target dummy if you really tried.. and we all know how few fights are just big walking target dummies.
    #4- You are argueing the points people are making with no rebuttal at all.. you are basically saying "NOU" for the sake of creating an arguement.
    l2read brosef

Infracted
    Last edited by Myrrar; 2011-07-08 at 10:16 PM.
    ░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░█
    ░░█░░░░░░▄██▀▄▄░░░░░▄▄▄░░░█
    ░▀▒▄▄▄▒░█▀▀▀▀▄▄█░░░██▄▄█░░░█
    █▒█▒▄░▀▄▄▄▀░░░░░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒█
    █▒█░█▀▄▄░░░░░█▀░░░░▀▄░░▄▀▀▀▄▒█

Quote Originally Posted by Sorx View Post
    doomgaurds going to be nerfed, no doubt. eventually at least.

I got bored and decided to put together an off set just to see how ridiculous i could get just for this purpose. turns out its possible to peak around ~6k mastery. can you imagine? insane is just what is is. ofcourse this includes gemming etc, wouldn't recommended unless you got extra gear/gold/time laying around.
    Pics and videos? sounds amusing to watch

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tween View Post
    Pics and videos? sounds amusing to watch
    I wanna do that but my computer broke T_T im going to be so far behind on my dailys and junk

I've wondered, when do you pop your doomguard on a normal fight? I tend to hit it in the beginning because its the only time all my procs and potion are up at once, does the benefit of popping it right before bloodlust outweigh that?

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy2er View Post
    Came to this thread expecting some kind of graphical love for demons. Quite disappointed :<
    Samesies.
    /10chars
    Aye...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greff View Post
    I've wondered, when do you pop your doomguard on a normal fight? I tend to hit it in the beginning because its the only time all my procs and potion are up at once, does the benefit of popping it right before bloodlust outweigh that?
    No, you're doing it right. Not least because the Doomguard doesn't benefit from Heroism.

Demo will always fall behind because of it's reliance on stationary fighting and the ability to be in melee range of a boss for Immo aura each time it is available.

However, I'd say it's good news for strict 10 man guilds that need the 10% buff or 25 raids that don't feel the need for an elemental shaman that will do 2-5k dps worse than a Warlock's worst spec.

Edit: I'm raiding on my warlock for the first time ever this tier, and I'm raiding as demo with two other warlocks in the raid as affliction. I am vastly undergeared. The gimmicky nature of AoE on a couple fights, including Rag, make Demo shine, as it did on Maloriak at the start of t11 progression.

Check the killshot for (cannot remember the guild currently) for their Heroic Rhyolith kill. Two demo locks.

If you haven't already, I'd recommend at least giving demo your secondary spec slot over Destro.

Dawwwww, i came here expecting pics 'n vid's bout new models. but nothings here.

WHERE'S TEH PIC 'N VIDS DEPARTEMENT BOUT THEM DEMONS!!!ELEVEN!!ONE