Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Music] Dubstep explained in one song

Hey guys, quick little fun post. Basically if you had to give someone an example of a Dubstep song, which would it be and why? ONLY ONE!

My song would be: Sometimes I Still Miss Her by: Charlie P

This song has a really great variety of sounds and melodies but still has the Wub Wub at needed parts!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRFkqmoWagM

I can't decide between these two, I love em both. Sierra Leone is feckin beautiful tho! :>

15+ Year Old Account
    Any Justin Bieber song remixed in with it, because my opinion keeps telling me it's just like him and will soon die out, Trance ftw!

Real dubstep. Not the stuff that little high schoolers rave to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    Any Justin Bieber song remixed in with it, because my opinion keeps telling me it's just like him and will soon die out, Trance ftw!
    haha, can't agree with you there, Dubstep is here to stay and will only grow. In EU pretty mush all the new music is Dubstep and IS in fact growing rapidly. Thus people in the US slowly discovering it.

Nero's Dubstep Symphony. That track should be used in the last ever WOW encounter just before the lights go out. The last couple of minutes are spectacular. Ideal track for a final showdown with Sargaras :-)
    WHEN I POST IN CAPS CURSE SPEAK FOR ALL PALADINS AND REFRAIN FROM PUNCTUATION EXCEPT AT THE END OF MY SENTENCE WHERE I USE EXTRA YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH MY LOGIC!!!!!!!

Can someone link some more dubstep songs please. I dont really know anything about the genre but i like the first three songs on here and would like more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    Techno/Trance will always be way better. To me, dubstep is Techno/Trance with a heavy dose of WOBWOBWOBWOBWOBWOBWOBWABWABWABWABWABWAB.

It sounds like 2 robots having sex and I can't stop listening to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoremas View Post
    haha, can't agree with you there, Dubstep is here to stay and will only grow. In EU pretty mush all the new music is Dubstep and IS in fact growing rapidly. Thus people in the US slowly discovering it.
    I'm sure people said the same thing about Disco back in the 1970s.

10+ Year Old Account

Obviously this one

But if not that one, then this one. Personally I prefer the second one.

Also, dubstep is actually dying out in Europe, it's sad, but it's really picking up here in the U.S.
    Last edited by Hadisabeast; 2011-07-06 at 02:13 AM.
    "Every day I wake up, log in and look at the nine other class icons in the character creation screen. Then I burst into laughter, create a portal into a distant realm, do a motherfucking double backflip through that portal while slinging pastries and blasts of PURE COSMIC ENERGY everywhere, respeccing into frost midair and deep freezing two gnomes before landing on my feet. In my wake only disintegrated corpses, strudel crumbs and adorable turtles are found."
    By a forum member "Membrane"

Quote Originally Posted by Aoremas View Post
    Never have I been more grateful to not live in Europe than I am right now.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Deleted
    Dubstep is the new Hipster sound.

All these wannabes and posers listening to this shit are just caricatures.

It's so annoying it's everywhere....and unlike most pop-songs, it's always the same shit. Instead of having a good time most people are too focused on appearing cool and act as if they really enjoy this BS music. Ironically though, as soon as the Dubstep hipsters takeover the turntables, the party goes down the drain.
    Last edited by mmoc433ceb40ad; 2011-07-06 at 02:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post

Real dubstep. Not the stuff that little high schoolers rave to.
    Bad speaks wisdom. You even picked one of my favourite songs off of that record.

My two new Favorites:
    Kelis-Brave (Gemini Remix)

Ellie Goulding-Lights (Eyes Remix)

Here's some proper dubstep.

---------- Post added 2011-07-06 at 12:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post

It's so annoying it's everywhere....and unlike most pop-songs, it's always the same shit. Instead of having a good time most people are too focused on appearing cool and act as if they really enjoy this BS music. Ironically though, as soon as the Dubstep hipsters takeover the turntables, the party goes down the drain.
    You really have no clue what you are talking about do you? Dubstep hipsters? Really?

Fuck I hate people that label anything with the word hipster to justify their own shitty music taste.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post

Nobody asked for your opinion, if you want to shit talk dubstep, do it somewhere else.