Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Changed my mind
    Last edited by Ryme; 2011-07-06 at 01:11 PM.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    Dubstep is the new Hipster sound.

All these wannabes and posers listening to this shit are just caricatures.

It's so annoying it's everywhere....and unlike most pop-songs, it's always the same shit. Instead of having a good time most people are too focused on appearing cool and act as if they really enjoy this BS music. Ironically though, as soon as the Dubstep hipsters takeover the turntables, the party goes down the drain.
    That's a veeery very very personal opinion.

I'm personally not too much into dubstep, and I agree most of the production actually sucks ; but there are also really good, creative and well-thought things.

Deleted

Deleted

It's so annoying it's everywhere....and unlike most pop-songs, it's always the same shit. Instead of having a good time most people are too focused on appearing cool and act as if they really enjoy this BS music. Ironically though, as soon as the Dubstep hipsters takeover the turntables, the party goes down the drain.
    You are not making any sense. If it's so popular, how can it be hipster?
    Do you even know what hipster is?

Quote Originally Posted by Aoremas View Post
    haha, can't agree with you there, Dubstep is here to stay and will only grow. In EU pretty mush all the new music is Dubstep and IS in fact growing rapidly. Thus people in the US slowly discovering it.
    No, EU is pretty much drum and bass, thank God.
    And yes, dubstep synths are pretty easy to make. Just put LFO(filter freq) on triangle wave.
    Last edited by mmoce67615a32e; 2011-07-06 at 11:45 AM.

Haha, awww how cute.
    Why are people mocking it? It isn't everywhere at all, it's occasionally on BBC Radio 1 now and again recently, and not all clubs play it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    I think the original non-dub version is much better:

I guess I just don't get dub. It is like listening to music in slow motion.

Deleted

I was about to nerdrage listening to that Little Boots remix but when it dropped I was all 'feels good man'

Deleted
    Seeing as someone has already got Burial up here theres no point in me reposting anything of his. Instead I'll just leave this here

Deleted
    I been into dubstep since the underground scene in 03. It started as such a diverse genre, so I have a couple to share.

Brostep tip(l2wub):

Burial/future garage tip:

Original tip(Your not ready:P):

Dub tip:

Reggae tip:

Grime tip:

Emotional tip:

LOL tip:

and I'll add this last one, because the sample is just bangin'

---------- Post added 2011-07-12 at 02:34 PM ----------

Your probaly referring to the Skrillex n' co. brigade. If this is the case, I forgive you. But most of them guys have no clue what dubstep even is. Your opinion is based on a common epistemological problem.

Dubstep is quickly going the same way jump up DnB did. It started off in London as a diverse underground genre, all about the vibes, choppy drums and deep sub. It was a culture, one where anyone in UK, wether they was into UKGarage, Jungle, DnB, Grime, Dub, Ragga n' whotnot, could all come together and RAVE IT UP.

Most of these UKF nerds wouldn't even know what a real oldschool dubstep beat is. They just hyped up over an over EQed simple kick and snare with some WUBWUB for good measure. Or even worse: MT Eden. The guy who does just this: over a tune he didn't even make. They talk about how they love sick bass, yet probaly don't even own a sub.

Unfortunatly, most of the new "Dubstep" producers are starting to love the same thing. I cry a little inside every time I hear someone make a "Dubstep" tune that has mad highrange bass leads - but no sub... r they SRS?

Dubstep used to be ALL about production levels. Yeah, It's easy to make an LFO synth... but not so easy to make an Excision LFO synth. I just don't see the point in making some bait wobble tune when the exact same thing has been done atleast 5000x's better.

I wish up and coming producers would understand this.

Cracking a copy of NI massive and watching some LFO tutorials on youtube, then trying out yo skillz by remixing a bait tune, does not make you a dubstep producer.

I blame Youtube.

/rant

However, the bait brostep stuff can be aright: it can be fun to produce; girls tend to love it; and it can be a good hype to rave to now and again. But most of it's so diluted and detached from what Dubstep actually is. So much so: that I wish new producers would stop claiming it as such, just so they can get a bit of 5min internet fame.
    Last edited by mmoc5802fe7f7d; 2011-07-12 at 04:14 PM.

Irritates me when people put "Sierra Leone" as a good dubstep song. IMO it's pretty bad.

Last edited by Riken55; 2011-07-12 at 02:22 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    Sierra Leone is feckin beautiful tho! :>

Here's the original (If it's not instantly clear: skip too 1.21 min). Yes, it is beautiful...

Now, if you take the parts from this tune away from Mt Edens remix: you are left with... /facepalm.
    Last edited by mmoc5802fe7f7d; 2011-07-12 at 03:38 PM.

Here's my thoughts.

Dubstep like Burial (which I haven't seen until now) is the kind of dubstep that I can actually listen to. It actually sounds good.

Newer dubstep with those monotone drumbeats and the ridiculously annoying WOBWOBWOB-noise is plain awful. How can anyone listen to it? It's just plain noise. It's not music, it's noise. I'm not sure if I want to know what people are actually thinking these days when I know they listen to that stuff.

Seriously, this new dubstep trend which is remixing annoying shit into songs is just... stupid. It is a disease within the world of music. Which makes me sad when my friends listen to this... Skrillex guy and other similar things.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    Here's my thoughts.

Dubstep like Burial (which I haven't seen until now) is the kind of dubstep that I can actually listen to. It actually sounds good.

Newer dubstep with those monotone drumbeats and the ridiculously annoying WOBWOBWOB-noise is plain awful. How can anyone listen to it? It's just plain noise. It's not music, it's noise. I'm not sure if I want to know what people are actually thinking these days when I know they listen to that stuff.

Seriously, this new dubstep trend which is remixing annoying shit into songs is just... stupid. It is a disease within the world of music. Which makes me sad when my friends listen to this... Skrillex guy and other similar things.
    Skrillex is *BROSTEP, There are still some good dubstep songs out there.

*Brostep- "Brostep is a relatively new sub-genre of music (born out of Dubstep micro-genre) which has no emphasis on soul.

The goal appears to be to produce music as fast as you possibly can, without placing any emphasis on quality."

Deleted
    Here's a fairly new tune from Benga (A Dubstep pioneer)

I'm glad he's able to appeal to the commercial masses, while still sticking to his roots.

Here's a tune him and Skream made when they was just 14-15 years old, way back when dubstep was underground and undefined:

---------- Post added 2011-07-12 at 05:38 PM ----------

Broadly speaking, as far as the evolution of Brostep(wobble) goes, first there was this:

Then this:

Not exactly top notch production, but it's got the bangin' vibe, it was new and exciting at the time.

Also this:

^Which just smashed it at the time.

Then, tunes like these influenced people like Datsick and Excision:

Them 2 are sick at sound production.

Now people like them have influenced most of the newer producers.

But what they don't understand, is the reason Datsick and Excision got so big, was because thier sound design was insane.

Remake what they done with crappy synths and drums, and it would instantly sound S**T (Case in point below).

This is basically whats happened with "brostep"

Now we have lost people making silly remix's like these:

Which are the sonic equivelants to a headache >_<

Not dubstep.

If you think good dubstep synths are easy to make, your not listning to dubstep. It's the HARDEST music to produce on a level that is up to par with the best of it's kind, no contest.

This is coming from someone that has produced everything from Hip-hop to DnB to Electro to Classical to House to Metal to Techno, and gets paid for it.

Although, there is still some producers who respect this, I leave you all with this:

Reso puts his blood, sweat and tears into the sound design/production of his tunes: and it shows.
    Last edited by mmoc5802fe7f7d; 2011-07-12 at 05:13 PM.