Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gharld View Post
    Say what you will about Knaack, the Sunwell Trilogy wasnt all too bad at all. Infact the main character Kalecgos is, if anything, underpowered as he cant even resume his dragon form for 2/3 the book. Not to mention that this is one of the few books (if not the only one as far as I know) that actually sets up the lore for an ingame event, the Sunwell raid instance+dailys, and still gives to the game via the character that is Kalecgos. While Kalecgos may not have done much yet, I'm fairly certain becoming the new Blue Aspect is rather a big deal. That and he does shit in Azshara which is semi-important as well.
    My problem lay more in the completely unnecessary components: Anveena as a personification of the Sunwell, Sylvanas's glaringly inaccurate portrayal, grossly inaccurate portrayal of creatures as they appear in the lore outside of the trilogy, and the entire storyline is basically something that could have been done ingame via a quest line, replacing Anveena with the Player Character.

I will, however, hold to my admission that the one good thing Knaak has done for the lore is his work on dragons, Kalec continues this tradition.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between Nagrand and your dreams
    Ok lemme break this down.

Varian thinks he's a wolf
    Genn facepalms
    Wolf spirit goldrinn facepalms
    load of worgen run around until Rhonin teaches them how to be worgen
    Varian now thinks he's the wolf good.

There, I just saved you hours of reading.

I think varian has already been screwed with enough, he'll probably just make genn graymane glitter in the sun and fight vampires over a human girl.

while being a shamageaworgenadin. obviously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I think varian has already been screwed with enough, he'll probably just make genn graymane glitter in the sun and fight vampires over a human girl.

while being a shamageaworgenadin. obviously.
    but genn is married and is in his 80s i dont think he even wants to fight over girls any more. unless goblins invented a certain blue pill

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    It was, Metzen hired him due is Dragonlance work, to flesh up the dragons. Before Knaak, there was only Alex and Deathwing and almost nothing we knew about it.
    That's something I suppose. For what it's worth, he painted Malygos with a nice brush before WotLK kicked in.

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    I will, however, hold to my admission that the one good thing Knaak has done for the lore is his work on dragons
    Give or take the pestilential abomination that was Tyrigosa...

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between Nagrand and your dreams
    Genns not that old... is he?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orcshaman24 View Post
    Genns not that old... is he?
    hes in his 80s at least
    he was already a long lived ruler by the second war.

his lore pre cata even some pre wow lore put him in his 70s, so by now hes 80 somthing

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    In this novel maybe - but who cares because:

Q: Are the Warcraft and World of Warcraft RPG books considered canon?
    A: No. The RPG books were created to provide an engaging table-top role-playing experience, which sometimes required diverging from the established video game canon. Blizzard helped generate a great deal of the content within the RPG books, so there will be times when ideas from the RPG will make their way into the game and official lore, but you are much better off considering the RPG books non-canonical unless otherwise stated.

That is for the RPG books, not the novels. RPG books as in D&D style RPG books. Ya.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Give or take the pestilential abomination that was Tyrigosa...
    Tyriwho?

Quote Originally Posted by trulte View Post
    Ooh please why can't Knaak find another franchise to mess with or to insert Rhonin in... Why must blizzard be so damn keen on using him as an author all the time

Well he has came out with some very great novels. If it aint broke don't fix it!

guys, Varian is an a*shole, and now hes becoming a fking Worgen ?! srsly, wth. how's he gonna be as a Worgen ?

Varian is just named Lo'Gosh, he obtained this name when he was fightning on the arenas in Orgrimmar, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wárhorsë View Post
    Well he has came out with some very great novels. If it aint broke don't fix it!
    Great by what standards? Twilight's? Sure, by those standards he's a literary genius. By the other Blizzard writers' standards? I'm not sure why they didn't just keep him working on dragons, which is the only area he has any genuine talent in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzleMyGrizzle View Post
    guys, Varian is an a*shole, and now hes becoming a fking Worgen ?! srsly, wth. how's he gonna be as a Worgen ?
    the same? maybe fuzzier

10+ Year Old Account
    Can a moderator not close this nonsense? It is causing huge confusion amongst the people that read titles without letting their brains do work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Varian Wrynn View Post
    http://www.blizzplanet.com/blog/comm...-cover-artwork

Yes yes it doesnt come out and say that, but why would varian be the main character in a worgen novel unless they plan on going down that road? ffs..

another quality book inc from mr Richard Knaak best author world....
    First speculate if the book is even remotely about worgens and at the same time speculate Warian will become one. I think it's a bit far fetched...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Tyriwho?
    Yeah, seriously, she's that terrible I can typo the name and feel no remorse. I'm sure there are creative writing courses out there that use her character template as an example of what not to do under any circumstances with the female deuteragonist.

Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzleMyGrizzle View Post
    A raid boss !!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Yeah, seriously, she's that terrible I can typo the name and feel no remorse. I'm sure there are creative writing courses out there that use her character template as an example of what not to do under any circumstances with the female deuteragonist.
    Y'mean her and Vereesa, right? And perhaps Storm--as sad as it is, she's rarely actually effective in combat. RE: The one notorious scene where she goes into shock from just hearing the word "tomb," and then knocks herself out with her own power as soon as she's awake.

Would be interesting if something did happen for Varian to become a Worgen.