(BIO) Aurumos of the Bronze Dragonflight

Name: Aurumos

Age: unknown;(took part in the war of the ancients and war of the shifting sands)

Race:mature bronze dragon

Class: Time-Watcher & Elementalist

Personality: As an old bronze dragon, Aurumos is a very patient and logical-thinking individual. As most bronze dragons are very cunning, much like blues, and value wisdom and patience over all else, Aurumos is no different: he puts extra thoughts into every decision that he makes, however small it may seem. Aurumos has gone through 2 major wars, slowly mastering the inherited art of bending time, to the extent that he can create spheres of energy in which time stops.

He is kind to the young members of the brood, helping them understand the bronze dragonflight's control over time, explaining how bronze dragons exist to keep the time stream inviolate and the order of events progressing as the fate's intended.

Likes: Like most bronze dragons, Aurumos likes warm, dry places such as Tanaris, Silithus and The Barrens. He values patience and wisdom more than anything, especialy on mortals and beings who are not members of the Bronze Dragonflight.

Dislikes: People who would rush into action without thinking. An ancient being and protector of the timelines, he bears a grudge against the Black and Infinite Dragonflights because of their betrayal and respectively, desire to alter the time and kill important Azeroth figures. He also holds hate against the Old Gods and their leutenants, because they want to destroy or enslave the living species of Azeroth.

Appearence: Dragon form: For a Bronze dragon,Aurumos is rather gigantic: Huge golden scales protect the dragon's body with massive wings sustaining his enormous weight. Two horns strech from his forehead, not far from his bright saphire eyes. He has an hourglass marking on his chest, but wether this was given as decoration or is a birth sign simbolising the destiny of a time warden is unknown.

His appearence is not one to fear, but to respect:The great wyrm has gone through many battles.

Human form:When using his humanoid form, Aurumos, under the name of Rumos takes the form of a high elf. He is tall, has bright blue eyes and long, golden hair . He is rather muscular for an elf, and wears no battle scars. Aurumos usually wears robes or even kilts because the deserts of Southern Kalimdor are too hot for anything warmer and because they're more comfy than leather clothes. His teeth are blinding white and he wears a golden hourglass medalion which hangs out of his clothes.

Aurumos actualy prefers staying in his humanoid form, due to its more subtle appearance, greater control over magic and soft voice, as opposed to the old and iritated grumbles his dragon form emits.

Strenghts: Through time, Aurumos discovered how to control the elements; by the time he became a mature dragon he could create earthquakes and stop a waterfalls from falling.

He often catches glimpses of the near future, although they are often blurry and innacurate.

His sandbreath, combined with the fire element leads to devastating results, particulary against amassed foes. The threat of the burning sand is not to be trifled with.

Weakness: Although an accomplished mortal and dragon magic user, Aurumos' human form bears no physical strenght: he is a threat to himself when using a sword.

He believes that each person has a good side and deserves second chances, which can put him in a backstabbing position.

Having glimpses of the future is not necesarily a blessing, as he often remembers his dreams too late, remaining astounished when visions prove to be true, creating a window of escape for his enemies.

Story:
    During the War of the shifting sands:

The cloudless skies echoed of the sounds of battle: dragons flew across the Qiraji, incinerating them and covering the retreat of the defeated night elves, who were panickly advancing to Un'goro.

"Just a while longer!" said Aurumos to the other dragons as he created a sandstorm to slow down the attackers.

But just as hope grew, qiraji battleguards entered the battle, wounding the dragons with their weapons. As if thousands of blade-wielding qiraji wasn't enough, a particular Anubisath found a way to hit a flying dragon: Osirian threw his blade, which slashed the wing of Grakkarond, making him fall to the ground.

"QUICKLY-we must help him!"
    . But the combined firepower of the dragons could not save the surrounded wyrm. He fought valiantly, battering the Anubisath that ended his flight, but he finaly fell prey to the neverending swarm of qiraji.

A great rage took control over the ever-calm dragon Aurumos: His old friend was dead, and the war was seemingly lost. They couldn't stop the horde of the qiraji. While Aurumos kept fighting, a few dragons scouted ahead. From above the city, they saw something distressing there; something that hinted at a more ancient, terrifying presence behind the onslaught of the insect race.

"We cannot defeat them. We cannot win." Fandral later said in the camp.

"But we cannot lose either. We need to think."

"We are not prepared to stop this threat. WE NEED TIME" . As Aurumos' blue eyes flashed and he felt dizzy, he saw a great wall made of stone and a gong.

"A barrier. I have heard stories of impenetrable barriers that can hold for thousands of years"

"It is true" a soft night elf woman said. "Through the power of Elune, I think I can conjure a magical barrier that would hold the Qiraji inside it." The woman was Shiromar.

"Then we shall make a final push. A battle that will be remembered until the end of time. "

And so they began a final push to the city: with twists and turns and the sacrifice of 3 noble dragons, Merithra, Caelestrasz and Arygos , Shiromar was finaly able to erect a barrier that would hold the Qiraji and buy precious time for the night elves to prepare for another war.

"I promised to avenge you, fallen brothers and sisters. I need to become stronger. I need time"
    . And so aurumos left Silithus and flew through Azeroth, trying to and ultimately succeeding understanding and controlling the elements.

With his new powers, years later, the Might of Kalimdor broke into the Temple of Ahn'Qiraj and subdued the Old God, C'thun, putting an end to the qiraji threat.
    Last edited by pateuvasiliu; 2011-07-06 at 08:26 AM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    -All dragons are immortal in the sense that they cannot die of old age; your dude here is not 'almost' immortal, he is.

-The Aspects were granted their power by the Titans approximately 64,000 years ago!

-The dragonflights have naming traditions. Male bronze names traditionally end in -ormu, and females end in -ormi.

Quote Originally Posted by Synaxis View Post
    -All dragons are immortal in the sense that they cannot die of old age; your dude here is not 'almost' immortal, he is.

-The Aspects were granted their power by the Titans approximately 64,000 years ago!

-The dragonflights have naming traditions. Male bronze names traditionally end in -ormu, and females end in -ormi.
    There are exceptions. Mine's one aswell

Aurumos was one of the first members of the Bronze Dragonflight, and like a brother to Nozdormu. When the Aman'thul blessed Nozdormu with their power, he was gealous at first, but soon aknowledged The Timeless One as his leader
    That's one of the biggest problems I see with the bio so far. Being connected to a major lore figure's bad... the best you can really do with the Aspects is to be a consort, since there's several of them. Think of it being like the Kor'Kron, handpicked warriors of the Warchief of the Horde. They're close to the Warchief, but not connected intimately (even though being a consort's intimate, since there's several the 'intimacy' is lessened). Being "like a brother" to a major lore figure's a bad idea.

As for the shaman thing, the way you're portraying him is REALLY not like a shaman at all. You're saying that the elementals just give him their power and he uses it without asking because he connects time and the elements? That seems rather... haughty and beyond the scope of even a regular dragon, imo. Honestly, if you want to use elemental magics, just make him an elementalist. They don't ask for their power, they take it. Same ending, different and less outlandish path.

A Shaman is something like my Dragon, Terragneon. They commune with the Elements. It's a give and take relationship; If used in a blind rage, the Elements have been known to refuse an accomplished Shaman their powers entirely (Drek'thar, for example). Shamans use the power of the Elements both for the good of their people and that of the Elements.

As Madgod said, you'd probably be better off with an Elementalist.

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    That's one of the biggest problems I see with the bio so far. Being connected to a major lore figure's bad... the best you can really do with the Aspects is to be a consort, since there's several of them. Think of it being like the Kor'Kron, handpicked warriors of the Warchief of the Horde. They're close to the Warchief, but not connected intimately (even though being a consort's intimate, since there's several the 'intimacy' is lessened). Being "like a brother" to a major lore figure's a bad idea.

As for the shaman thing, the way you're portraying him is REALLY not like a shaman at all. You're saying that the elementals just give him their power and he uses it without asking because he connects time and the elements? That seems rather... haughty and beyond the scope of even a regular dragon, imo. Honestly, if you want to use elemental magics, just make him an elementalist. They don't ask for their power, they take it. Same ending, different and less outlandish path.
    True, dunno how i overlooked that.

As for the shaman thing, I'll go ahead and pretend that it was planned since the elements abandoning him because of his anger would make him less OP, but hey I like my characters godlike so I'll just say he's an elementalist

well remember that RPing a dragon's very different from say, a human. They're powerful creatures, and we highly advise against using them for actual combat, unless it's against another character of similar strength.

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    well remember that RPing a dragon's very different from say, a human. They're powerful creatures, and we highly advise against using them for actual combat, unless it's against another character of similar strength.
    only made him for the dragon RP thread

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    There are exceptions. Mine's one aswell
    Can we get examples, please? Alternate names for humanoid guises do not count.

Quote Originally Posted by Elyaan View Post
    Can we get examples, please? Alternate names for humanoid guises do not count.
    Erozion,Eternos,Grakkarond,Penumbrius,Sa'at,Tryzormu, Brazen, Chronalis, Occulus, Tick,Anachronos.

Bold=Dragon form

The first names are their humanoids forms, but we have no proof ( as in Chromie-Chronormu) that it isn't their real name. http://www.wowwiki.com/Bronze_dragonflight

So be it. Drakes generally don't have conventional names, for any Dragonflight, but I agree on Anachronos for sure. You win.

A little tip though: Use Wowpedia instead of WowWiki.

It has newer, more updated information. The quality of the information stated is also higher.