Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    NOT a bowl of cereal.. Eat eggs and bacon for example. Only that. No bread. Or with some kind of salad on the side. No corn.

Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    I hear 5 smaller meals is better - could be wrong though. Something about it keeping your metabolism running all day or something.
    I have heard this also. Portion control is a main factor when changing your diet, eating right is all well and good, til you end up eating too much. I mean its pretty common sense. Not saying you didn't figure this out already just saying I didnt notice anyone saying it (cept for that one guy who got banned )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    I love this. Today I did 20 J-Jacks and 5 Pushups,
    tomorrow I'll try and do 25 J-Jacks and 8 Push-ups (Puh-ups are REALLY hard on me :/)..
    Dont exercise two days in a row, your muscles need time to recover and build.

For example something like this might work for you:

Monday: Exercise ( not legs )
    Tuesday: Walk 1h or jogging 40 min
    Wednesday: nothing
    Thursday Walk 1h or jogging 40 min
    Friday: Exercise ( not legs )
    Saturday: nothing
    Sunday Walk 1h or jogging 40 min

Eat healthy, and count the calories. And remember to think positive, happy things when
    working out or jogging, if you dont enjoy it chance are higher you will give up on it.

Quote Originally Posted by HotSauce View Post
    Hey bud, I was in the opposite boat as you. I was skinny as heck and had no energy. I ate lots but my body has a high metabolism. I started about 3-4 years ago lifting a 8 pound weight 20 times a day. each arm. I started seeing sesults in probly a month or so.

Anywho, more to my point: Instead of fasting, you can maintain your eating habbits and slowly work out. Once you're body is in a position where it's muscles are able to be used at a decent level, then start feeding your body it's neutrition it needs. It sounds counterproductive but if you're lacking motivation and enjoy your eating habbits (not saying you have bad habbits, but if you do ) then this should work. Tone the muscle you have first, start eating moderatly healthy, then the muscle you have slowly accumilated at the start will help you burn weight in no time

I don't want to sound offencive but pardon my terminology D:!
    You're fine! Thanks for the post ! Right now, I absolutely LOVE Coffee.. I have to have Sugar and Creamer in it. I know it's fattening, But.. I love it, it's just so good D:.

also drink a small coffee in the morning

10+ Year Old Account
    I hear 5 smaller meals is better - could be wrong though. Something about it keeping your metabolism running all day or something.
    My friend is a cage fighter and also my old trainer, he always told me 5 small/medium sized meals a day is what's best due to the fact it keeps you fuller, longer and you are more energized as you aren't full but you aren't waiting for a meal. BUT again if you don't balance that with exercise then well eating is still eating.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good call on the soda. I used to drink a 2 liter of diet coke per day before I was hospitalized with complications due to a ridiculous intake of Aspartame (ingredient in Diet Pop). Since then, I cut it out of my diet 100% and I'd say a solid 20 lbs. of weight loss was attributed to cutting that out.
    Diet sodas will not make you gain weight at all. They have 1 calorie, 0 fat, 0 carbohydrates per 1,5L (at least in Norway). Hence, it is simply impossible to gain weight by drinking diet sodas. I personally dirnk 1,5L of pepsi max everyday, and I have done so for the past 10 years.

You can have coffee, but cut out the sugar and creamer! If you like creamy coffee, a really good thing to use instead is Rice Milk. I'm lactose intolerant so I have to find alternatives anyways, and it's lush tastes foul in most things but in coffee makes it taste like cream and it's incredibly low fat to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Purely View Post
    Diet sodas will not make you gain weight at all. They have 1 calorie, 0 fat, 0 carbohydrates per 1,5L (at least in Norway). Hence, it is simply impossible to gain weight by drinking diet sodas. I personally dirnk 1,5L of pepsi max everyday, and I have done so for the past 10 years.
    I can't drink Diet Soda, to me.. It's just nasty . In turn, I drink Coffee instead of Soda. But, in order for me to drink Coffee I need to litter it with Creamer and Sugar. Tons. I need to find a better alternative. I love tea, but only with some Honey. >_<

10+ Year Old Account
    Diet soda is also horribly unhealthy for you, whether you gain weight with it or not. Chemicals and artificial sweeteners.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Hello, walking and eating less crap are good starters, when I was a little overweight I've started eating less and less chocolate and doing some exercises and now I feel great.
    Notice I've said eating LESS chocolate, if you don't do those things gradually you'll end up eating like before.
    If you need a little incentive, check out bodyrock dot tv you'll find good advices for both diet and workouts HOWEVER, if you want to do a real diet, you should talk to a specialized doctor.

GL

sweeteners like aspartame in died sodas, are basicly fake Sugar/Carbs, you feel the taste of sugar but, the Brain sees no income of Carbs to fuel the body and increases hunger, it was in some study made on the this subject.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Habbadasher View Post
    No it isn't
    pasta, at least in norway, only contains healthy carbohydrates, and a lot of calories, hence it's a perfect meal if you hit the gym to gain muscles.

if you do not want more muscles, and only want to lose weight, don't eat a lot of pasta.

Deleted
    You realise Pepsi Max isn't a diet soda, right?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    Diet soda is also horribly unhealthy for you, whether you gain weight with it or not. Chemicals and artificial sweeteners.
    never said it was healthy, I was simply stating that you can't gain weight by drinking diet soda.

Okay, first thing on the Agenda today.. I'm going to pick up Apples, Oranges, Carrots and Celery.. and some other stuff I can squeeze in there. I can eat carrots right out of the bag, so yummy.. I need to have Peanut Butter on Celery, though.. Is that okay?

10+ Year Old Account
    never said it was healthy, I was simply stating that you can't gain weight by drinking diet soda.
    I wasn't arguing with you, merely point it out.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavett View Post
    sweeteners like aspartame in died sodas, are basicly fake Sugar/Carbs, you feel the taste of sugar but, the Brain sees no income of Carbs to fuel the body and increases hunger, it was in some study made on the this subject.
    again, the diet soda itself can't, and will never be able to increase your weight by itself, unless you drink a ridiculous amount, like 1k L/day.

Off Topic: I have to say I'm really impressed with how nice people are being, I'd of expected an idiot to try to troll by now or something similar.

Back On Topic: Good luck to the weight loss though

15+ Year Old Account
    ya, but I have read a lot of people witness stalls more frequently when they start adding diet soda's, atkins shakes, etc. with aspartame in it. It doesn't contribute to weight gain, but it could potentially slow down weight loss.