Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingerhunter247 View Post
    Then you can't play a hunter right.
    Typical shit response to hunters from someone who have no idea about the class. "ur just bad, L2P"
    (I dont care if u play a hunter, you're obviously not very experienced if you think hunter mechanics are fine)
    ^This is for PvP, obviously

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguintamer View Post
    10 second pet resurrection
    there´s nothing to add

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirjeize View Post
    all i can comment on this is........ sigh
    All you can say is sigh because you have no arguments and can't counter mine.

I would like to point out the the Fel Hunter is currently the highest dps pet in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The overall defining theme for warlocks is demon summoners aka a pet class.
    Wrong, it's the use of fel magics.

The only thing I'm really jealous about, as a Warlock, of Hunters is that they have so many different "skins" for their pet types. I wish we could choose from different models to fill our different demon roles. As in, same stats, same abilities, same functionality, etc, just we get to pick different looks. The only reason I rolled a hunter (for funzies) is just to collect different pets. My hunter is undead so I go for all the plagued / diseased -type pets ... as well as bats, spiders, etc, etc.

Like ... if we could have our Doomguard or Felguard have the Wrathguard or Shivan models. Stuff like that.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larwood View Post
    Wrong, it's the use of fel magics.
    Demon summoning is fel magic.

"In the face of demonic power, most heroes see death. Warlocks see only opportunity. Dominance is their aim, and they have found a path to it in the dark arts. These voracious spellcasters summon demonic minions to fight beside them. At first, they command only the service of imps, but as a warlock’s knowledge grows, seductive succubi, loyal voidwalkers, and horrific felhunters join the dark sorcerer’s ranks to wreak havoc on anyone who stands in their master’s way." http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/class/warlock

The over all theme for warlocks, as defined by blizzard, is a casting pet class. From lore it is a fel magic using pet class.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    i see a lot of people saying we dont actually tame the pet but just call it and force them to do the stuff we want, like a slave...
    afaik you can teach a slave new stuff, if you whip em enough
    also we have that nice and kinda useless spell called enslave demon, i dont see why it's only limited to 5min, would be so much easier to make the enslaved demon stay permanently under your control and will be send to your petcage in the twisting nether when you dismiss it so you can summon it back when needed.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirjeize View Post
    With demon sac we were like mages. no pet just plain pewpew. Lot's of locks complained they didn't want to be a mage and wanted more utility for their pet's. As for pet dieing allot all i can say is "you're doing it wrong" my pet SELDOMLY dies. and if this event would occur it gets insta ressed.
    Thats because demonic sacrifice was too powerful, in a weaker form, I'd love it so that its a viable option on pet unfriendly fights.

Thanks Sokogeka<3

I have to agree the taming vs enslaving arguement is wearing more than a little thin.
    Both are serving the role of a damage sponge or utility, yet apparantly the hunter pet is so keen to volunteer to take a beating when the warlock's minion has to be forced into it.
    That arguement supporting why hunters get far more flexibility and choice simply does not hold any weight anymore, and it is soley for differentating each class that they have different mechanisms.
    The lack of at least visual options for warlocks is long overdue, with the ability to enslave a demon out in the world of a given form or class to replace or update the skin on one of our standard ones would be very welcome and if anything more supported by the lore than it is for hunters.
    Hunters are supossed to be about the cooperation, the bond between pet and master.
    Yet a hunter can go grab a new pet and dump the old one because they found a better looking model.
    Warlocks are supossed to be about taking what they want by force, yet they instead buy their from ther trainers making hunters more warlock-like than warlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    I have to agree the taming vs enslaving arguement is wearing more than a little thin.
    Both are serving the role of a damage sponge or utility, yet apparantly the hunter pet is so keen to volunteer to take a beating when the warlock's minion has to be forced into it.
    Bottom line: demons are smarter than animals :P

Back ontopic, i'd like to see the demons more balanced with each other before (or while) we start adding other stuff to them, this whole "One demon outshines the others pretty much 24/7"-dealie is pretty weak, demo-locks are meh about their signature-minion, nobody wants to use succubus at all (Except for seduce-nuke in PvP or looking like a pimp in cities), that isn't very fun for a class with several different pets to choose from, not much choice when it's "Pick [pet X] or gimp yourself"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Having a contract, huh?... THIS WAS NOT IN MY CONTRACT!
    the "this is not in my contract!" line is probably less to do with forcing the demon to do something he doesn't want to do, and more to do with the fact that he's needing to do something he isn't REQUIRED to do, but needs to to save himself from being nommed by something, so he's basically saying "fine, but I'm not going to enjoy it".

plus
    "go fight the dalaran squirrel"
    "THIS WAS NOT IN MY CONTRACT!"
    "fighting isn't in your contract? WTF did I hire you for then?"

most likely, with things like genies and demons in most fantasies being MASSIVE rules lawyers, the imp is probably trying to weasel out of his contract by saying that fighting that SPECIFIC monster wasn't in it (kinda makes sense for things like kil'jaeden, "kill ur boss lol")

(for other demons, the voidwalker is CONSTANTLY moaning, even non enslaved ones sound depressed all the time, the succubus doesn't seem to mind and honestly, with their personalities, they most likely ENJOY the slavery thing, the felpuppy most likely will do anything for a mage bone to nom on, the felguard most likely IS enslaved and is very much aware of it, with all of the death threats and all..., infernals are implied to have little free will as it is and seem to be used more as sentient cannonballs, and the doomguard has up until now demanded payment up front before doing your bidding)

edit: as to the enslavement/taming that hunters do, I was briefly a druid and messing about with my guild I quoted castlevania's/IWBTG's "die monster, you don't belong in this world/mankind has ill need of a savior such as you/what is a man, a miserable pile of secrets" speech with dracula, but twisting it so that mankind was replaced with "animals" and dracula was a hunter. quite a few thought I was RPing (I wasn't, some of us were twisting quotes to fit WoW), and most thought it was pretty accurate as to the relationship between a hunter and it's pet, and what a druid would think of it.
    Last edited by mmoc41ce4810a1; 2011-07-11 at 11:29 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kosuko View Post
    We don't really "force" them, i'm pretty sure one of them just has a contract.
    And another one that insists that we couldn't command him and were wasting his time.

Wait wait wait... As someone who's played both classes, I'll say right now that the only advantage hunter have is a better tank (damn blizz when they nerfed the voidwalker way back when). Felguard rips people to shreds and I'll take him over any hunter pet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodles View Post
    Felhunter bites people to shreds and I'll take him over any hunter pet.
    Adjusted that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    And another one that insists that we couldn't command him and were wasting his time.
    the felguard isn't a normal demon like the imp/succubus/VW/FH, theyre mush stronger, and as someone said before, the powerful demons need to be convinced to stick around for the lulz, I guess we just think "screw it, let's just enslave this one, he's pretty useful", he DOES sound like what a demon that's breaking free of an enslave demon spell would likely say "I'll kill you for this", "lolenslaved again"

---------- Post added 2011-07-11 at 12:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Poodles View Post
    Wait wait wait... As someone who's played both classes, I'll say right now that the only advantage hunter have is a better tank (damn blizz when they nerfed the voidwalker way back when)
    I want my VW's AoE threat ability back