Affliction only good for multidotting?

I don't know If I just suck or what but I feel like my dps is far too low for my current gear. This is my armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lslicer/simple and these are a few logs from Firelands http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/141905/

At the time of these logs I was 363-364 Ilvl while everyone in the grp is around 366-368. On multi target fights like Alysrazor and Shannox I do decent dps, but on single target fights like Baleroc my dps is embarassing and I just don't know why. Im barely doing 22k while everyone else is at 25k or so. Even If I have alittle less gear than them I shouldn't be that far behind.

Would it be better if I just went demo for these fights? Because im starting to just feel useless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    I don't know If I just suck or what but I feel like my dps is far too low for my current gear. This is my armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lslicer/simple and these are a few logs from Firelands http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/141905/

At the time of these logs I was 363-364 Ilvl while everyone in the grp is around 366-368. On multi target fights like Alysrazor and Shannox I do decent dps, but on single target fights like Baleroc my dps is embarassing and I just don't know why. Im barely doing 22k while everyone else is at 25k or so. Even If I have alittle less gear than them I shouldn't be that far behind.

Would it be better if I just went demo for these fights? Because im starting to just feel useless.
    UA locks and shadowpriests (up to now at leasts) were doing more dps with multi dot targets. not sure what's wrong in your case but can you tell me a bit more re:rotation you use when fighitng bosses etc? I might be able to give you 1-2 pointers

ps.BTW Dark arts talent 2/3? I mean your pet's bite hit like a track no?

Woah, I want that Feral for my guild

On topic though, you're doing fine with your gears. Better dps will come with experience and familiarity with the encounters. The bosses still die and nobody's leaving you far behind, lighten up.
    Oh and forget about going Demo for better results, 'cept maybe for H Ryolith. Unless, of course, you enjoy it more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quit my 6year old warlolock now with some Realm First. Got tired of how they were handled in PvP. Raided alot and locks performed very well in early Cata thnx to multiple targets. In a Patchwerk fights lock kinda "sucked". We shouldnt complain though, being top notch on multiple adds while okey in single target.
    A bit annoying though to see some faceroll 3key frost DK or arcane outshine on singletarget..
    Problem arrives now in FL where there are very limited ammounts of multitargeting and preferably adds that got a hefty hp-pool.

Warlocks are basically going into a deep shithole. As of yet developers managed to do the following in Cata:
    * make ~1/4 of the damage bound to a pet (anyone who pvp will know this is flawed since its a melee pet with no gapcloser or clear snare talent)
    * pidgeonholed us into being a real good dps only when multiple targets are available
    * make soul shards useless for probably the mainly used PvE spec
    * making destro boring forcing it to hardcast a insanely long casttime spell ever 15s (hi movement and keeping dots up)
    * act as a buffspec in PvP with dispel cover and fears and pityfull damage
    * demolished what the spec was/still is supposed to be, a selfhealing nuker/drainer
    * given us the usual copy of magespells cos they lack imagination (hi felflame, soul harvest)
    Last edited by Bakis; 2011-07-06 at 02:16 PM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by iscran View Post
    UA locks and shadowpriests (up to now at leasts) were doing more dps with multi dot targets. not sure what's wrong in your case but can you tell me a bit more re:rotation you use when fighitng bosses etc? I might be able to give you 1-2 pointers

ps.BTW Dark arts talent 2/3? I mean your pet's bite hit like a track no?
    Yea I totally did not notice i only speced 2/3 >.< as for my rotation I start off my casting Shadow Bolt, Curse of Elements, Haunt, Bane of Doom, Corruption, then Unstable Affliction. I use Shadow Bolt as my filler and reapply haunt when off CD and begin to cast Unstable Affliction when it's duration is around 1 sec. At 25 % I use Drain Soul as my filler and reapply haunt after 3 ticks so I dont lose my Shadow Embrace stacks.

For Multidotting I dot up my main target with Bane of Agony, Corruption, and Unstable Affliction and then Soul Swap my dots to my focus target. When Unstable affliction is around 1 secon left in duration I begin to cast it on my focus, and reapply Bane of Agony and Corruption once they fall off.

Deleted
    it's so funny and a bit ironic, that the first post about affli being bad in singel target appears just after demo cought up to the other both speccs.

but @ topic: don't start with shadowbolt. while you are positioning cast CoE, after the open with this
    BoD->DemonSoul->UA->Corr->Haunt->SBolt(untill all proccs are up)->refresh BoD,UA&Corr(per Haunt)

after that keep refreshing dots/debuffs.

and 22k dps with 36x equip is average, so don't be too harsh to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Deyrion View Post
    it's so funny and a bit ironic, that the first post about affli being bad in singel target appears just after demo cought up to the other both speccs.

but @ topic: don't start with shadowbolt. while you are positioning cast CoE, after the open with this
    BoD->DemonSoul->UA->Corr->Haunt->SBolt(untill all proccs are up)->refresh BoD,UA&Corr(per Haunt)

after that keep refreshing dots/debuffs.

and 22k dps with 36x equip is average, so don't be too harsh to yourself.
    Sounds like an awesome idea to put all your dots up before the critdebuff is up on your target and most of your proccs hasnt been activated yet.

15+ Year Old Account
    don't start with shadowbolt. while you are positioning cast CoE
    Dumbest piece of advice I've heard in a longtime.
    You havent pulled yet so no preassure to do something quick, all in all a freecast and you actually tell people they should start with an instant instead of saving 2,5s?

Also what Nocturn wrote.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deyrion View Post
    BoD->DemonSoul->UA->Corr->Haunt->SBolt(untill all proccs are up)
    Oww... my brain.

Optimal opening cast sequence, as suggested by EJ: Shadow Bolt -> Haunt -> Bane of Doom -> Corruption -> Unstable Affliction -> Shadow Bolt.
    Reasoning: During Wrath of the Lich King, DoTs did not update on a per-tick basis with boss debuffs and it was much more beneficial to open a fight by applying these debuffs (Haunt, Shadow's Embrace etc) before applying DoTs, however in 4.0.1 this was changed so that DoTs damage would update on the fly with boss debuffs.

However, it seems the Shadow and Flame (aka. Critical Mass from Mages) does not update like other boss debuffs, and behaves in the same way as if it was a personal buff.

As for single-target DPS being lower, yeah, naturally that would be the case. Although, I will say that since we got into Firelands I have dropped quite a bit on the DPS ladder where I would normally be 1st - 3rd. EJ does stat that Destro is the optimal spec for heavy movement fights though. I've always loved Aff though, so I don't really want to change. I guess we'll see how the DPS fairs once I'm able to get the 4pc set, it seems we scale quite well with the new gear.

Deleted
    for my openers i have always gone with CoE (while sending my pet in to attack), SB, Haunt, Demon Soul, BoD/BoA, UA, Corruption.

i guess it would be better to time SB with the pull but i dont trust our tanks, they never fucking pull when they are supposed to, and dont much fancy been blamed for "ninja pulling" :<

I'd argue that affliction locks just are really strong in multi-dot situations but still on par/competitive in single target fights. For an example I'll link our Shannox and Baelroc kills from last week where our lock (Riemix) utterly destroyed us on Shannox and still pulled a top 5 dps in our Baelroc kill. Your Shannox parse looks good but comparing the damage by spells Riemix did on Baelroc to the damage by spells you did it seems your priority might be wrong (or Riemix got lucky with procs/you got unlucky /shrug) either way I wouldn't worry about your dps, it's still competitive and in the running - also depending on how you guys did Baelroc that fight is somewhat hard on ranged since there is a lot of movement (at least how my 10 man does it).

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/dof9o6id2hv64yjt/sum/damageDone/?s=4980&e=5375

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/opawgyn84cljxup5/sum/damageDone/?s=2628&e=2949

Asrel - Shadow Priest <Last Attempt> US-Whisperwind
    Aretoo - Havoc DH <Last Attempt> US-Whisperwind