Felhunter, demon soul and demo locks? Confused!

So from what I read the best single target dps pet for locks is the felhunter but demon soul with felhunter up increases periodic shadow damage so what's the deal?

Yup, Demon soul is a poorer cd with felpuppy for demo than it is for affliction, but over the entire fight felpuppy wins out over felguard for demo, its not right really, id prefer to see demo be able to use its signature pet the entire time.

15+ Year Old Account
    I believe the best option is to start with felguard, pop demon soul and 1 felstorm, and than soulburn summon the puppy.

Here is the real question! Will we ever get a new demon pet? Hunter can now tame dozens of pets with all sorts of unique buffs and abilities, not to mention the aesthetics. We locks still have the same pets that have been in game since Vanilla. We don't even get anything to use enslave demon on anymore.

4.2 said they were going to give our existing demons female re-skins... guess it didnt pan out

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glnger View Post
    4.2 said they were going to give our existing demons female re-skins... guess it didnt pan out
    Female feelguard...uhhhh. But i still hope they're working on it.

Quote Originally Posted by kosuko View Post
    I believe the best option is to start with felguard, pop demon soul and 1 felstorm, and than soulburn summon the puppy.
    this. Unfortunately, demonology is the worst single target spec.

They said they would give us new skins "soon"; they didn't promise 4.2, specifically. It's still in the pipeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Garretdejiko View Post
    According to the latest sim, no it is not. Unfortunately it is based off gaming trinkets.
    http://www.simulationcraft.org/420/Raid_T12H.html

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garretdejiko View Post
    More people posting incorrect information

Demo mechanics are still the most complicated and incoherent, very cd dependant, and really difficult to obtain yhe lvls of dps listed in simulationcraft, this is why most appoint it as the weakest dps spec, because if u fail the proper cds chain ur dps goes really really different from that.
    This not to say Aff/Destro are easy or for reatrded, just that dps of demonology is very different. Personally, i like in general its playstyle, it is my fav spec and always keep it as one of the 2, but the absurd design of pet dmg actually ampers its logic and design.
    I mean Felpuppy doin more than doble dps dmg of felguard, ampers greatly the logic of the spec, in the meaning of the Demon soul spell, wich is the strongest part of the Felguard/Demonology design in Cata.
    Still, u absolutely have to use felpuppy, even if its demonsoul design is builded around another spec, fixing this will be a good a start(making FG dps=FH dps would just do it) but nowhere the solution of the spec many unsolved problems (it is about 7 years now that this spec needs some love....we're still paying the absolute godliness of the first SL/FG period, about some months in wich a sole warlock could wipe a party).

What I do is I have 2 macros made up. I start with Felguard and hit macro 1 then I hit macro 2.

1) /cast Demon Sould
    /cast Metamorphosis

2) /cast Soul burn
    /cast Summon Fel Hunter

These macros work because both Demon Soul and Soul Burn are not on the global cooldown so another spell can put immediately after them.

Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    What I do is I have 2 macros made up. I start with Felguard and hit macro 1 then I hit macro 2.

1)
    /castsequence reset=1 Demon Soul,Metamorphosis

2)
    /castsequence reset=1 Soul burn,Summon Fel Hunter

These macros work because both Demon Soul and Soul Burn are not on the global cooldown so another spell can put immediately after them.
    Fixed that for you

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosaki View Post
    Fixed that for you
    Pretty sure in between 1 & 2, you should be using Fel Storm before you summon the Fel Pup

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post

1) /cast Demon Sould
    /cast Metamorphosis

2) /cast Soul burn
    /cast Summon Fel Hunter

These will work fine, why would you want a castsequence?