Thread: [TV] Camelot

10+ Year Old Account

[TV] Camelot

After i wanted the 1st season of The Game of Thrones, i set out to find another sword swinging series to watch, i googled it, and was reading through a form about the Game of Thrones, and someone randomly started to bash it, i was rather annoyed because i loved the show, and he was comparing it to this show "Camelot".. i thought i must watch this so called godly show. I did, and well it was not on The Game of Thrones level, i still enjoyed it. i just finished the season, and now im wondering once again, are there anymore shows out there, that can compare with shows like:

The Game of Thrones?
    Farscape?
    Sons of Anarchy?

These are my three favorite series now and i want more! i want new! does anyone have any suggestions?

Deleted
    What kind of TV Series are you wanting? I know a fair amount of good TV shows but I'm not going to list them all. Are you looking for series that are similar to Game of Thrones/Camelot? Series with a medieval theme with swords?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly, GoT is kinda unique. Closest thing to it would probably be Rome and it was just alright. Now, if you liked SoA, you should check out The Wire. By far the best TV series I have ever seen. Similar to SoA in that it is an ongoing story and the "bad guys" are not always bad and the "Good guys" not always good. A little slow to start, but trust me, it is amazing.

It doesn't really relate to the above-stated tastes but Spartacus: Blood and Sand and the newer season without the main hero are just...freaking AMAZING. I think that's the only show I've ever watched even a single season's worth ever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    It doesn't really relate to the above-stated tastes but Spartacus: Blood and Sand and the newer season without the main hero are just...freaking AMAZING. I think that's the only show I've ever watched even a single season's worth ever.
    You mean Gods of the Arena? Yes, it is all surprisingly good. The consistent swearing does sound rather silly after a while. But still, good.

Deleted
    If found "The Pillars of Earth" to be similar in style to GoT. Both are based on very populat books (Ken Follet, J. Martin) and are mostly about politics in a fairly realistic world.

I liked both.

Other than that, ROME was mentioned which is an HBO twist on the rise and fall of Gaius Julius Cesar.

Spartacus: Blood and Sand is a similar setting but a very different show in style, heavily influenced by the 300. But it's also really cool and has one of the most awesome season finales ever. Sadly the main characters actor suffers from cancer and that's why they were forced to shoot a prequel (Gods of the Arena) instead of shooting Season 2. And now it seems like they might even have to replace the actor anyway because his cancer is one persistent piece of shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    . And now it seems like they might even have to replace the actor anyway because his cancer is one persistent piece of shit.
    They have. Blood and Sand season 2 is scheduled to premier sometime in September.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotai View Post
    What kind of TV Series are you wanting? I know a fair amount of good TV shows but I'm not going to list them all. Are you looking for series that are similar to Game of Thrones/Camelot? Series with a medieval theme with swords?
    im looking for a good medieval show, swords bows war ect.. do you know any good ones?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mike7184 View Post
    This is really a nice series to watch and full of entertainment..
    what? Camelot? i sense sarcasm