Best movie theaters in the world?

Never been in a movie theater outside Denmark, but here the best one by far is "Imperial", and I started wondering, what's the best cinema in the world? I tried to google it, but I just found the "coolest" or "strangest" ones. So what's the best one? What's the best one in your neighborhood? Do you know one that might be the best?
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2013-12-04 at 05:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Never been in a movie theater outside Denmark, but here the best one by far is "Imperial", and I started wondering, what's the best cinema in the world? I tried to google it, but I just found the "coolest" or "strangest" ones. So what's the best one? What's the best one in your neighborhood? Do you know one that might be the best?
    Its gotta be one of the handful of theaters that are Imax, High Frame Rate 3D, the feedback seats, and Dolby Atmos sound. I believe there are only 3 in the world currently with all 4 features

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Its gotta be one of the handful of theaters that are Imax, High Frame Rate 3D, the feedback seats, and Dolby Atmos sound. I believe there are only 3 in the world currently with all 4 features
    Ah yes, we don't have IMAX in Denmark (yet). Although, are the feedback seats any good? Heard they were annoying and did not do much to enhance the experience. Might even be a turn-off if used on all movies.

Well for me I only have one theatre within 10 minutes of me so it wins by default. There's another theatre that's 45 minutes away that has more screens but aside from that it's exactly the same as the local one. If I ever want to do Imax or the High Frame Rate I have to travel 60-90 minutes away which none of my friends want to do.

Probably the best one I have ever been to was down at Downtown Disney in Florida. They have it so you can have supper and watch the film at the same time. I really enjoyed it although the movie we watched kind of sucked.

Deleted
    No idea about the best in the world, but I saw Inception on an Imax theater in New York C. That's by far the best theater I've been to. Not counting the one in my dad's living room.

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy88 View Post
    Well for me I only have one theatre within 10 minutes of me so it wins by default. There's another theatre that's 45 minutes away that has more screens but aside from that it's exactly the same as the local one. If I ever want to do Imax or the High Frame Rate I have to travel 60-90 minutes away which none of my friends want to do.

Probably the best one I have ever been to was down at Downtown Disney in Florida. They have it so you can have supper and watch the film at the same time. I really enjoyed it although the movie we watched kind of sucked.
    What is 'supper'?

(JK I know what it is I just never understood why it was called that)

The best theater I have been to would not be in anyone else list because I consider it the best for a different reason. Most of you are going on the scale of the Dolby and Seats and Imax and what not. I rate http://beartooththeatre.net/ the best one I have been to simply because it's a pub, GREAT pizza, and you watch a movie on a large screen all at the same time.

I am spoiled...

Tampa Pitcher Show

Cobb Theaters CineBristro

Living in Wichita I love the Warren Theatres http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_Theatres

Deleted
    The biggest one we have in Sweden, or rather the one with biggest screen is Filmstaden Bergakungen in Gothenburg.

There are 2 screens that span 8 x 18 meters.

There's one in Sydney that span 29 x 36 meters. That's pretty massive. Supposedly the largest in the world.
    Last edited by mmoc409bdafe4d; 2013-12-04 at 05:02 PM.

Flix Brewhouse. Movie, Craft beer, good food. What more could you ask for?

Deleted
    I always go to Pathe Amsterdam Arena. It's 30 min for me, but I love quality (imax, 48 fps, quality sound system)

Alamo Drafthouses.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Ah yes, we don't have IMAX in Denmark (yet). Although, are the feedback seats any good? Heard they were annoying and did not do much to enhance the experience. Might even be a turn-off if used on all movies.
    I dont know. Im not fortunate enough to live near one to experience it. I would imagine if you dont like it, there is probably a way to disable it for each seat

Quote Originally Posted by Boogums View Post
    Alamo Drafthouses.
    This used to be my favorite until Flix moved into town. It's probably mostly because Alamos for the most part were converted from old theaters while Flix was built from scratch. The one I go to used to be a Hastings. Also the trays that pull out at Flix are much better than the stationary tables at Alamo.