View Poll Results: Spanking child? Discipline or abuse?

Voters
696. This poll is closed
  • Discipline

549 78.88%
  • Abuse

112 16.09%
  • Not sure/decided

35 5.03%
Page 1 of 62
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation Texas Mom givin 5 years probation for Spanking her Daughter

http://www.parents.com/blogs/parents...-her-daughter/

Rosalina Gonzales, a mother of three from Corpus Christi, Texas, was sentenced to five years’ probation, a $50 fine, and parenting classes after pleading guilty to spanking her two-year-old daughter on the rear-end last December under the charge of “Injury to a Child.” Gonzales did not use an object to spank her daughter, and the spank did not leave a bruise, but when the child’s grandmother noticed red marks, she took the child to the hospital.
    The grandmother has custody of Gonzalez’s three children, though Gonzales is working with local Child Protective Services to regain custody.
    At the sentencing hearing, 214th District Court Judge Jose Longoria admonished Gonzales that spanking is not acceptable in this day and age.
    “You don’t spank children today,” said Longoria, “in the old days, maybe we got spanked, but there was a different quarrel. You don’t spank children. You understand?”
    A Child Protective Services spokesperson told KZTV, a Corpus Christi station, that though the law does not forbid spanking, the practice is criminal when it injures a child.

Am i the only one thinking, WTF are you serious?

MOD NOTICE:
    NO FLAMING/TROLLING here. Please remain respectful. If you disagree with someone, fine, you can have a CONSTRUCTIVE (on-topic) discussion/conversation. But absolutely NO SWEARING/Flaming or other disrespectful comments.
    Last edited by mmoc0fc091fcb6; 2011-07-08 at 02:55 PM.
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

Deleted
    Don't hit kids.

Deleted
    Hitting kids means you can not even compete with them using words, so u're retarded or u're just a monkey.

In any way hitting kids means your an idiot.

Mod Warning: Watch the language. Post more constructively.
    Last edited by mmoc0fc091fcb6; 2011-07-08 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aemos View Post
    Hitting kids means you can not even compete with them using words, so u're retarded or u're just a monkey.

Not all the time. My sister talks back to my parents and her friends and becomes violent whenever you tell her no. The only time she what she was told was when she got her ass beat ( clearly not like shriveling in pain).

Quote Originally Posted by Aemos View Post

How else will they learn to not be bitch about everything and DEAL WITH IT, then, genious? Most people on the internet nowadays need a good spank.

So i'm gonna get probation for smacking my girlfriends ass last night? shit..

10+ Year Old Account
    spanking != hitting fyi.
    doh my god....

"don't look back, it's a trap, it a fact, it's a booby trap booby trap" - The Dickies

10+ Year Old Account
    2 years old.

TWO YEARS.

You can spank a 5 year old as much as you want but i don't think spanking
    a 2 year old is a good idea.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiysper View Post
    Actually, it means that you might be able to instil some discipline into them, avoiding the wave of retardation sweeping our world. But hey, what do I know. Let 'em act up. Keep raising howler monkeys who grow up into total fuckwits and poison our society.

Thanks, America. we love you over here. Honest.
    Dear god, this. The world needs less entitled little pricks who think the world owes them something for the mere fact that they exist. Kids need to experience a bit of hardship and learn that they can't always get their way, in order to better prepare them for the real world where they will learn a hard lesson.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../enders/simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Luuth View Post
    I think the easiest way to make people happy would be to nerf the target dummy.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think that it's good that it's being handled, that said, 3 years probation is a little much if you ask me.

People that spank their kids, lacks the intelligence to speak to said child instead which for me means you are a weak person. There are other and much much better ways to teach your kids wrong from right.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow, sensitive world we live in today.

The fact that this mother DIDN'T actually injure her daughter is what makes this strange. I could understand prison time if she went nuts and bruised the child but the fact that she didn't is an indicator of self control. On the other hand 2 years old is a little young for that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nørf View Post
    I think that it's good that it's being handled, that said, 3 years probation is a little much if you ask me.

People that spank their kids, lacks the intelligence to speak to said child instead which for me means you are a weak person. There are other and much much better ways to teach your kids wrong from right.
    Since when have you known young children to listen to reason?
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../enders/simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Luuth View Post
    I think the easiest way to make people happy would be to nerf the target dummy.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enders View Post
    Ridiculous. Some kids need a good smack on the ass.
    Idd. I got a smack once in a while when I was a kid. I mostly deserved it but it stopped when I turned 10-12 years old I think. - As long as it's just a smack in the read-end. I don't condone hitting other people in general but s smack in the read-end have never hurt anyone.

"Spare the rod and spoil the child"

However not knowing the circumstance i can't really say, in a day where mother's kill there children just to get rid of them (Casey Anthony), the idea of a mother spanking there kids "inappropriately" dosn't seem that far fetched. when a mother is spanking a child to teach it right from wrong it is the right thing to do but now a days you never know.
    Last edited by Mixon; 2011-07-08 at 12:47 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiysper View Post
    Actually, it means that you might be able to instil some discipline into them, avoiding the wave of retardation sweeping our world. But hey, what do I know. Let 'em act up. Keep raising howler monkeys who grow up into total fuckwits and poison our society.

Thanks, America. we love you over here. Honest.
    What this guy said.

OT: The girl didn't get hurt outside being a little red, so it can't have been anything so serious to deserve this... What the fuck US?

Now, I don't know anymore to the story then this, but if she got spanked, there must have been something that triggered it. And since there's seemingly no prior history to the mother being violent to her kids, it's compleately injustified.

Kids who do not get reprimended when needed will become a-holes, most likely. They learn that every thing they do is ok. They may get told off, but when they can't -feel- that they fucked up (ofc in appropriate amounts, and I'm not pro-spanking btw, but if it's necessary, so be it), then what's the point of even trying?

Deleted
    A good beating builds character in children.

Some kids need a good spanking. Telling a 5-year-old that something is wrong won't quite translate as well as giving them a nice, hard spanking.

Hell, my dad used a belt when I was younger. And I've had red hand prints on my back from when he missed. I'm not gonna go ahead and say what he did was "right" or what I'd do when I have kids, but I dealt with it and came out alright.
    I run a satire / humor blog site very The Onion-esque. It's like taking trolling to another level.

www.spinatlantic.com

I find it funny that she gets 5 years probation for spanking a kid, and mrs. anthony gets out of jailtime for killing her kid. Funny world we live in.

You underestimate young children. The understand far more that you know or they let on. Teenagers however.......

OT:

There is never an excuse for hitting a 2 year old child. If you have to resort to physical assault of what is essentially a baby in order to discipline them you really shouldn't be a parent.

Teaching them discipline through violence just goes against everything morally right. You teach kids how to behave by talking to them, not beating them. <snip>

Mod Warning: Watch the language.
    Last edited by mmoc0fc091fcb6; 2011-07-08 at 12:58 PM.