Glyph of Corruption for Demo

Granted I hadn't been keeping up with my theorycrafting due to the fact that not too terribly much changed for 4.2, but I was curious as to why the Simcraft (http://simulationcraft.org/420/Warlock.html) is using Glyph of Corruption over Incinerate. Is there a stat threshold that needs to be achieved for GoC to win-out? EJ Simcraft thread is focused on Doomguard modeling and the Demonology thread claims its "Updated for 4.2" yet suggests using GoI. There's obviously a disconnect somewhere, just looking for an answer. Cheers

10+ Year Old Account
    Just think I remember seeing a few people notice dps increases when they simmed with that glyph and adding it into the priority instead of GoI.

So that's all there is to it? Use Corruption over Incinerate regardless?

Seems simple enough

You're only using incinerate during molten core procs. So 10% increased damage on those procs are okay, but it isn't amazing. 4% chance to get instant cast shadowbolts just sims out to be better.

didnt simed it.. but kinda like the shadow trance at demo... pew pew.. i use it i like it
    Borovinkata , TaHrA , Kazzak - EU

Quote Originally Posted by Apollorx View Post
    You're only using incinerate during molten core procs. So 10% increased damage on those procs are okay, but it isn't amazing. 4% chance to get instant cast shadowbolts just sims out to be better.
    I mean if that's the way it is, that's the way it is. I couldnt care either way, but I have to say I'm surprised that it (meaning using GoC over GoI) went unnoticed until now. Ya know? I'm just curious as to whether it was an honest oversight, or if there is something about 4.2 that's pushing it ahead. Better scaling (i.e better gear, more Int etc etc) for Shadowbolt, or increased haste levels leading to more Corruption ticks, or whatever the case may be. Its fascinating that there hasn't been much explanation as to why, nor much made about the fact that it is indeed a better choice than GoI

The difference is minimal even so I believe, and they're both heavily reliant on rng, so it's not that big of a deal. They're both pretty bad glyphs.

Deleted
    4% vs. 10%, but an instant SB is always a chance to reduce CD on Meta, making it more.. nice. I could believe that on fights like Shannox, Alysrazor and Ragnaros GoC comes better out then GoI, when you multidot.

Quote Originally Posted by Prozac View Post
    4% vs. 10%, but an instant SB is always a chance to reduce CD on Meta, making it more.. nice. I could believe that on fights like Shannox, Alysrazor and Ragnaros GoC comes better out then GoI, when you multidot.
    Yeah, like Prozac said, depends on the fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prozac View Post
    But if you're multidotting you get more MC procs. Think about it

I like GoC though, largely because the instant SB throws in a little bit more mobility now and again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Talking about molten core, it feels like i'm getting less procs than i used to. Did they nerf or fix anything?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kosuko View Post
    Talking about molten core, it feels like i'm getting less procs than i used to. Did they nerf or fix anything?
    rng is rng but it wouldnt suprise me they stealthnerfed it....

10+ Year Old Account
    I still use corruption glyph but rng is rng and its all about the luck of the procs on which will perform better

Glyph of corruption has been better than glyph of incinerate as demo for all of Cata. I have no idea why they put the incinerate glyph back into the demo simcraft profiles (it used to be corruption before, maybe someone just forgot?), but if you swap it back out for the corruption glyph you'll see a small dps increase for all levels of gear.

I know this because I noticed the incinerate glyph was in there, so I decided to test it for myself, wondering if incinerate was better now for some reason. It is not

----------

Edit: I just checked them again, and glyph of corruption is indeed back in there. It would seem the incinerate glyph was probably an oversight.
    Last edited by Bigtimmy; 2011-07-11 at 06:16 PM.

Glyph of Corruption also gives you the possibility of 1 extra cast while on the move, which is where demo falls short. I do realize it would be hard to time it but would be extremely useful on fights that require you to move at some point but not immediately.

I just switched to this glyph today. It simmed higher than GoI by about 40 DPS. And on a side note Jubeto from Paragon is now also using this glyph, I'll be testing it out this week; should be useful on the fights where I have to run around a lot.