Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Neon Genesis Evangelion.
    Jesus fucking christ that was the best series I've ever seen. Amazing character and interaction combined with giant robots that fucking BLEED, deep examinations of the nature of humanity.
    And you could watch it in different ways - you could simply view it as a robot action show or you could actually look into all the intricacies put in.

Edit: Gurenn Lagan (even though I've only seen the second movie, GODDAMN) is pretty cool.
    Detroit Metal City was probably the funniest thing I've seen in a long while.
    Last edited by Midean; 2011-07-09 at 06:53 PM.

Deleted
    Hmm, I'll go for FMA: Brotherhood which is among my favorites but probably not number one. It was pretty much spot-on to my tastes premise-wise (awesome fantasy stuff but not too disconnected from reality), didn't have too much of the typical anime oddities that make it harder to take seriously, and was extremely polished and awesome all around (as should be expected from a remake).

Bloodsail Admiral WaitingforSWTOR's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Im not much into japanese anime, but i greatly enjoyed Ninja Scroll back in time
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post
    The reason the smart people are miserable because their head hurts so much from facepalming at all the stupid people, its so simple.

Oh that is such an easy question. Dragonball Z. Where ever you see an anime you will see some form of copy on dbz whether its the powerups, attacks, or even the story developments. Hell it set the standard for a lot of the later anime flicks we see today.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thes View Post
    Ultimate even more so
    Under 3 weeks 'till EP8

dragonball
    simply because its funny and has the most ownage in it (NOT GT)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WaitingforSWTOR View Post
    japanese anime
    Wait, what?

What other have you watched?

Full metal alchemist, Moribito, Fullmetal Panic. Baccano, Deathnote, Inu Yasha

10+ Year Old Account
    Elfen Lied. Oh god what an awesome anime.
    Vol'jin fanboy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post

and Haruhi Suzumiya (season 1)
    Season two was alright, if it hadn't been for the endless 8...

15+ Year Old Account
    Angel Beats.
    No doubt for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Letharg View Post
    Detroit Metal City would be the funniest anime I know
    Baccano! has a great Story, Action and Humor
    and my all time favourite would be Welcome to the NHK!

But there are still so many other Animes i really loved like Clannad, Toradora, Higurashi no naku koro ni, Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt and many more =D
    Forgot about Welcome to NHK, that is one of my all time favorite as well.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

i know avatar the last air bender isn't technically anime....but god soooo good. also the one that stuck with me the most (now that i have grown out of anime) was the read or die (the OVA and the .tv series)
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

Quote Originally Posted by Reemix View Post
    Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, also known as just Gurren Lagann for short.

Hands down, best anime.
    anyone who says <random anime that isnt gurren lagann> is the best either has never seen it, or is trolling

Gurren lagann is by far the best anime.

Dragonball! excluding GT ofc

Rahxephon without a doubt.
    I run a satire / humor blog site very The Onion-esque. It's like taking trolling to another level.

www.spinatlantic.com

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it's as easy to say one single series, but I'd like to nominate most of Studio Ghiblis movies. They are universal, the whole world likes them, even western cartoonists are amazed and in awe about them. You don't need to be an anime fan to like them either. They are genious, from creature design to execution and storylines.

On a more personal level I'd like to say Mushishi and Ghost in the Shell, both anime that broke or never contained any clichés. Ghost in the Shell feels like a mix between western and japanese animation and storymaking. And the latter has to be one of the anime that has a storyline that is really rather deep with engaging characters and intelligent dialogue, unlike most anime made that's just shitfull of clichés, ridiculous archetypes and hollow, repetitive storylines.

I'd like to see people actually trying to motivate their choices instead of just mentioning a series simply because you had some form of emotional attachment to it. To be honest, a lot of the series I've seen suggested in this thread are complete rubbish and not even remotely worthy of "Best anime ever". Come on people , show some effort.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwrifles View Post
    anyone who says <random anime that isnt gurren lagann> is the best either has never seen it, or is trolling

Wanna know what?
    TTGL is a really good anime, but far from the best.
    You are full of shit and you - like we all - know it.

Quote Originally Posted by NiveouS View Post
    Angel Beats.
    No doubt for me.
    I love your avatar, Kanade<3333
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwrifles View Post

Or have different tastes, you know, that exists.
    I'd like to see people actually trying to motivate their choices instead of just mentioning a series simply because you had some form of emotional attachment to it. To be honest, a lot of the series I've seen suggested in this thread are complete rubbish and not even remotely worthy of "Best anime ever". Come on people , show some effort.
    Challenge accepted.

Madoka because out of every anime I've ever seen I have never been more addicted and anxious to see a new episode. The level of development and plot they threw at you in just 12 episodes was AMAZING, every character is likeable (save for Kyubey) I still can't pick one that I can consider my favorite. The music is brilliant, the art AMAZING (the witch designs and their labyrinths), I can't find any fault with this anime, I loved every single thing about it.
    Last edited by Digglett; 2011-07-09 at 07:22 PM.