Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Overdozze View Post
    Code geass by far the best.Seconded by Great Teacher Onizuka.

Also:Full Metal Panic,Ergo Porxy,Durarara,Phantom - Requiem for the Phantom,Busou Renkin,Serial Experiments Lain,Detroit Metal City,Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni,Bakemonogatari..etc. are worth mentioning.
    But not the one that's in your avatar? :O

My favorite would have to be Berserk. Really epic series if any of you haven't seen it.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    Neon Genesis or Ghost in the Shell serieseseseses.
    Agrees with Ethos, those two were incredible. Also, I enjoyed FLCL for the messed up lulz
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    And no, I'm not a 'fanboy'. I just hate you all...so very much.

TBH i've watched allot and there really isn't a stand out best one for me,
    There is Berserk and Claymore for good Bloody story telling
    There is Hellsing and Black Lagoon
    For the mech shows, there are Gundam, Breakblade, Code geas, Blue Gender, Esca-flowne, Evangelion and more
    Comedy, Great Teacher Onizuka, Azu manga, Cromartie High School, Detroit Metal City and more
    And thats not mentioning loads more that are highly rated.

tengen toppa gurren lagann is my all time fav, nothing better than giant mechs

Samurai Champloo & One Piece

below that

Samurai X, Fullmetal Alchemist, Death Note

below that

Bleach/Naruto

They are all pretty good though.
    Last edited by Twuz; 2011-07-09 at 08:45 AM.

I think the best Slice of Life/Drama you can find is Clannad/ Clannad After Story, definitely my second favorite anime, next to only Madoka.

I haven't seen a lot but, Cowboy Bebop is my favorite.

Neon Genesis Evangelion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Samurai Champloo and Cowboy Bebop were both made by the same guy; great shows if you haven't seen em yet. Most shows made by Aniplex are pretty good, which include: Fullmetal Alchemist/Brotherhood, Darker Than Black, Baccano, and Claymore. Refer to Sy's Anime List for more stuff if you wanted recommendations.

Can't say a favorite. I have a huge collection (enough that I can't list them all lol) so it's hard to pin down one.

Though my most recent favorite is Macross Frontier (seriously, it rocks). I have a special place for the anime that started it all in America and broke down barriers that cartoons are for kids only.....Akira. Seriously, if you haven't seen Akira, you're not a true anime fan.

Huge fan of
    - Gundam (all of them, some more than others though) might as well include most everything Sunrise (Code Geass, etc)
    - Anything made by Gainax (Evangelion, FLCL, Gurran Lagan, etc)
    - Ghost in the Shell (all of em, though I like the manga's sense of humor more)
    - Oldschool stuff like MADOX-01, M.D. Geist, Devilman, Guyver (both series), Record of Lodoss War, Battle Angle Alita (known as Gunnm in Japan and the manga is still running), etc

There's seriously something for everyone in anime, just gotta find the style you like.

I loved Panty Stocking with Garterbelt.

Gundam 8th ms team, if you havnt watched it give it a shot its wonderfully drawn and voiced and the story is top notch, makes you really look at gundam in a new way.

favorite and best aren't quite the same thing

I gotta go with Naruto for my favorite. I've watched the series for so long and the memories of it go beyond the show itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Code Geass. Utterly brilliant series; great characters, smooth plot, just the right amount of intrigue and action... a must-see.
    this guy sums it up. and for everyone saying bleach/naruto/one piece >~> srsly the anime do nothing but throw fillers at you, in these cases id say the manga is better because there is no filler to ruin the story. i mean if you look it at it most of those 3 series IS filler x_x
    Last edited by Senbo; 2011-07-09 at 09:02 AM. Reason: edit
    Tell them that the Lich King is dead...and the World of Warcraft...died with him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Impossible for me too many series(see link in sig tracks anime I've seen) and TBH ever means past present and future and I'm pretty sure that will change over time even if I had an absolute fav.

10+ Year Old Account
    just finished code geass yesterday and i must say... it topped anything ive ever seen before. definitely my pick

----------------------------------------
    you are now consciously breathing
    ----------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Poodles View Post
    Can't say a favorite. I have a huge collection (enough that I can't list them all lol) so it's hard to pin down one.

Though my most recent favorite is Macross Frontier (seriously, it rocks). I have a special place for the anime that started it all in America and broke down barriers that cartoons are for kids only.....Akira. Seriously, if you haven't seen Akira, you're not a true anime fan.

Huge fan of
    - Gundam (all of them, some more than others though) might as well include most everything Sunrise (Code Geass, etc)
    - Anything made by Gainax (Evangelion, FLCL, Gurran Lagan, etc)
    - Ghost in the Shell (all of em, though I like the manga's sense of humor more)
    - Oldschool stuff like MADOX-01, M.D. Geist, Devilman, Guyver (both series), Record of Lodoss War, Battle Angle Alita (known as Gunnm in Japan and the manga is still running), etc

There's seriously something for everyone in anime, just gotta find the style you like.
    >o> i forgot about frontier that was also really good, and to sum up the entire series watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyxOgud3VP4 watch the whole thing >.>
    Tell them that the Lich King is dead...and the World of Warcraft...died with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    I think the best Slice of Life/Drama you can find is Clannad/ Clannad After Story, definitely my second favorite anime, next to only Madoka.
    Can't believe you are the only person to mention Clannad, that's the only anime I've ever watched where I actually shed a tear :P
    Monster comes a close second for me.

Well its kind of hard to say which one is the best that I saw. In my opinion, the best I saw was Legend of the Galactic Heroes and all its movies and side-story series (feel bit sad nobody mentioned it yet :<)
    Following, Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Ergo Proxy, Wolfs Rein, Ghost in the Shell, Monster.
    If it counts, also like to watch series where music compositor is Tsuneo Imahori and Yoko Kanno.