Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account

computer locking up

Since 4.2 I have been having random computer lock ups when playing WoW. I have tried other games and it does not happen with anything other than WoW. It seems to happen completely randomly, in raids or dungeons or in stormwind, the computer just crashes and locks up, music stops playing and I have to reset the power in order to start it again.

I have updated all my addons, tried running with no addons on (deleted WTF and interface folders too) as well as updating drivers and checking temps to see if it is overheating and am now out of ideas!

Any help would be greatly appreciated. It doesn't give me any minidumps or crash reports so I don't have anything like that to post I'm afraid :s

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Try using the program HDDScan to scan your hard drive for read errors. If your test comes back clean with 0 read errors then move on to testing your memory with MemTest 86+. After the memory test is completed and if it shows up with 0 errors then we know it is a software issue. At which point if it is a software issue run the repair function within World of Warcraft and if the problem still persists I recommend a fresh install of WoW.