Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[BC] Shartuul Event - Were you good at it?

This is/was by far my favorite event in WoW. I'd do the dailies on every toon to get the required items to do this event. Not to mention the items you got if successful sold really well.

My friends would often get me to do the event for them since I was so good at it.

Anyone else remember/love this event?

Deleted
    shartuul? did this event have any other names as i don't remember that name from BC at all.

Deleted
    *edit*

Oh, you mean the ogri'la thing?

when did they remove it? I can't remember

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh it was to easy, only thing that could make it "hard" was when it was bugged. Which was, nearly always lol... :P

Deleted
    It's the one in Ogri'la where you need to kill waves of demons.

Deleted
    never did it, never do dailies in general unless i can't avoid it (sons of hodir zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz)

10+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't around for it, so could you please explain to a naive soul?

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    was there, and did loads of dailies, but have no clue what op's talking about.
    Explain please

Deleted
    I only did it a few times but I recall being pretty bad at it.

I didn't bother much with Ogri'la.

Deleted
    sounds like the one you did every 4? days after collecting 4 rune fragemtns combining them and then mind controling demons who became more and more powerfull. who you had to use your current demon's abilities to defeat.

Deleted
    Only managed to stay alive for some rounds, never finished it.

I remember liking the event but being thoroughly disappointed with the vendors.

only managed to get to shartuul once, since the dog part was bugged and basically started the fight with 5% hp and lost instantly, brilliant ogri'la rep tho, ment u had to do a lot less dailies, and lets face it those dailies sucked.

Deleted
    That event was awsome. I always tryed my best there, it did required some skill to go trought it.
    After failing a few times I finally get the hang of it and manage to do it sucessefully many times.
    I haven't done it in a long time, mainly because its bugged i belive.

Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post
    Only managed to stay alive for some rounds, never finished it.
    Same here, never saw the end of it :/

Quote Originally Posted by Sofii View Post
    I wasn't around for it, so could you please explain to a naive soul?
    It was one of the first times that you had some sort of vehicle mode. You could "possess" and take over some deamons and had to fight trough some waves of critters and then some bosses. It isnt breath taking nowaday, but was rather new and different back in BC.
    Ecce homo ergo elk

I tried the shartuul thing, ridiculously hard, and the reward, when I looked it up, was pretty awful for all the effort I was putting into it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velky View Post
    thanks, I remember now. Loved that!

I never managed to beat it. I always failed at the eyestalks part. Tried so many times, too...

It was okay event, never finished it trough. Maybe it was easy, but takes know how, to do it for sure.. not easy at all imo.