Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    shamans can still ankh, though.
    No sensible shammie will ankh after a wipe just to mass rez and than have CD during the fight. Especially now with limited combat rezes and ankh not being counted towards one of them. But yeah, we still have mages, rogues, hunters and nelfs to mass rez.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by myhv View Post
    No sensible shammie will ankh after a wipe just to mass rez and than have CD during the fight. Especially now with limited combat rezes and ankh not being counted towards one of them. But yeah, we still have mages, rogues, hunters and nelfs to mass rez.
    I guess you play 10 man?

We got druids, warlocks and dk's (if needed) who can rezz, shammy ank + massrez is very nice. Loads of sensible shammies do that.
    We try to throw a BR on a dead player first though, if wipe is called out.

Deleted
    Yeah, it's somewhat easier in 25 man, but you still only have 3 rezes per attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    That's nice and all but mind soothe on the other hand...definitely still in the game.
    Hey I didn't say they did a good job on it. Blizzard just wouldn't remove a spell from the game just because you can possibly exploit one boss mechanic. However they did do a large overall on pallies and gave them many new spells abilities. It could be they decided to remove what they considered not needed to help simplify paladin spells.
    --Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do- (B. Franklin)--

15+ Year Old Account
    DI was a cool spell that did very little back when it was around. However, nowadays, with Mass Rez it would be the best time saver ever. I couldnt believe it when I read about Mass Rez the first time. I was so excited, and believed DI would finally serve the whole raid, not just one individual. But, they fucking removed it. And Mass Rez has caused more problems now. NElfs trying to shadowmeld, rogues trying to vanish, mages trying to invis, hunters feigning death. All to try and live after a wipe is called, yet all they are doing is wasting time. Whereas if we had DI still...there would be no problems. Mass rez would happen easily, and we ahll get back to raiding.

Removing DI and then adding Mass Rez was so stupid.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

It was an ability with unpredictable consequences and so they removed it rather than building the game to balance around one ability.

I think blizzard specifically said they didn't want people DI'ing and mass rezing or something like that.

It would be nice if they had turned it into a battle rez since everyone is getting one
    --Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do- (B. Franklin)--

10+ Year Old Account
    Not many people can grasp the concept of the Saurfang trick with DI.

-Heroic Mode only.
    -Paladins (Ret and Holy) are soulstoned at the beginning of the fight.
    -As the boss nears 30% (frenzy point), Paladins sequentially DI Mark targets with the lowest DPS first, ranged preferred.
    -Paladins resurrect and resume combat duties (assume they don't have marks themselves).

At the time this was a viable strategy, Mark ticks gave Saurfang additional blood power, meaning the fight became exponentially difficult every time a new mark went out. Each mark you removed from Saurfang's damage table reduced the difficult by a huge amount.
    Also: 5 marks after frenzy means the marked targets are taking ~7,000 damage every 2 seconds, plus tank damage, which needed to be healed through.
    Temple of Light-ShadowsongUS
    Get Along Gang-ShadowsongUS (Disbanded)
    ~Alanaria~:::Cyclønite:::Thelek