Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    If I'm that low already then other people have already died in most cases, I'm not sure how much hp you guys have fully buffed in raid gear but I'm sitting at 150k and that's plenty for every heroic encounter.
    Regarding this specific scenario. I find it to be exactly the other way around. From my point of view, Hunters are nowadays the most fragile class in the game. I can't say how many times I've gotten out alive of a Twilight Onslaught with about 10k HP. Also, it really puts me to shame to ask for heals when I'm not full HP because else I will most likely die if I have helped to soak a barrage previously.

Granted it's not a must have talent and in some bosses I agree it's somewhat useless but it's always good to have it as an option. I find myself not Ice trapping that often so I've stuck to it.

Nice guide. I play MM and have a solo BM spec but I find that I solo a lot as MM anyway. I was looking for a good SV guide to get me back into it without going very deep into the theory, this was perfect. Thanks a lot

Deleted
    Hi Illana,

at first i had to thank you for this Guide, it was a nice first aid.

I have a question about the haste plateaus. You wrote that with the DS gear SV hunters should reach for the second plateau which i agree with. But I am confused about the 1.5 secs. I think you want to shoot 4 CoS in the 6 second CD of ES, but i think you missed the GCD of ES. If you count the GCD you have something about 5-5,2 seconds time (dunno how long the GCD would go with 2k haste).
    And so i thought a while and read alot but now i'm sick of it and i want an explanation of you. Please!

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by FruchTZwercH View Post
    Hi Illana,

at first i had to thank you for this Guide, it was a nice first aid.

I have a question about the haste plateaus. You wrote that with the DS gear SV hunters should reach for the second plateau which i agree with. But I am confused about the 1.5 secs. I think you want to shoot 4 CoS in the 6 second CD of ES, but i think you missed the GCD of ES. If you count the GCD you have something about 5-5,2 seconds time (dunno how long the GCD would go with 2k haste).
    And so i thought a while and read alot but now i'm sick of it and i want an explanation of you. Please!

Thank you
    It's been answered in this thread. About 6-7 posts ago. (GCD is always 1sec if I understood that question correctly)

It's not 4 CoS it's 2 CoS and 2 AS at the second plateau.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Donkeywing View Post
    It's been answered in this thread. About 6-7 posts ago. (GCD is always 1sec if I understood that question correctly)
    You've got me there. :P
    I didn't read the whole thread.

Thanks Illana, now i understand and thanks again for updating this thread.

I'm confused... reading that with the 2 set that it's possible to reach the second haste plateau... but then another poster said that with the 2 set, we shouldn't be reforging for haste. Currently I'm sitting at just over the first plateau, but I'm wondering if rearranging things to reach the second is worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Taygete View Post
    I'm confused... reading that with the 2 set that it's possible to reach the second haste plateau... but then another poster said that with the 2 set, we shouldn't be reforging for haste. Currently I'm sitting at just over the first plateau, but I'm wondering if rearranging things to reach the second is worth it.
    well i haven't done any math on how much crit it's acceptable to sacrifice to reach 2264 haste but tbh I don't think it will become viable until near BiS gear.

If you use arbalest and spire instead of the deathwing weapons, that plateau might be a little easier to reach.

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    well i haven't done any math on how much crit it's acceptable to sacrifice to reach 2264 haste but tbh I don't think it will become viable until near BiS gear.

If you use arbalest and spire instead of the deathwing weapons, that plateau might be a little easier to reach.
    You guys are talking about the 2nd plateau, but I have a question about the first, I think it's 778 or around there with 3/3 haste talent.

Since It's impossible to reforge to that low of haste, is there another haste plateau we can aim for with 2/3 haste talent, that other point would be really nice in the hp boost talent.

No that is a pure waste of dps, besides you should already have hp boost talent:P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Donkeywing View Post
    No that is a pure waste of dps, besides you should already have hp boost talent:P
    Ye, 2/3 and droping one from pathing will make you able to get 3/3. Hence the question.

Only fight I can think of where its really worth getting 5% more sta over 1% passive haste is probably heroic spine.

The only adds I've seen snared by frost trap are sappers, on Blackhorn. Keep in mind, most mobs will trigger frost trap (adds on Yorsh, melee adds on blackhorn, bloods on spine, bloods on madness), but you only get the free LnL if they're snared. Unless something drastic has changed that I was unaware of.

I believe the 6% crit from Point of No Escape has the same qualifier, and is thus also not a talent for a PvE SV hunter.

Explosive trap on some of these fights is amazing though. On a black phase on Yorsh, an explosive shot almost always guarantees a double LnL because a 20% chance from 10 adds makes your chances pretty good. Explosive on Spine is always great too, as is Madness.

Pretty sure bloods on madness and spine are affected by the slow on ice trap. Though the adds on yor'sahj you might be right. I haven't got anything capable of running wow for a while either so can't test it

I don't use ice trap on lootship anyway since it will screw up texture overlapping with the barrages.

Bloods on Spine (heroic at least, don't remember normal) aren't snareable, but are stunnable. If they were snareable, they could be circle kited around a frost trap without ever touching the tank and hunters would be actually a valuable addition to a comp, which surely isn't allowed.

hey umm sorry to bump thread but i got a question for explosive shot. ok so what i heard before is explosive shot isnt spose to be used 2x in a row cause the dots overwrite each other.. or they did earlier.. but im wondering if thats been fixed because the guide says to keep Es on cooldown.. so im wondering when LNL procs do i just use the ES procs right away or wait a sec.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    hey umm sorry to bump thread but i got a question for explosive shot. ok so what i heard before is explosive shot isnt spose to be used 2x in a row cause the dots overwrite each other.. or they did earlier.. but im wondering if thats been fixed because the guide says to keep Es on cooldown.. so im wondering when LNL procs do i just use the ES procs right away or wait a sec.
    Yes, it has been changed/fixed.

Explosive shot is able to stack now to have more then 3 ticks. You still clip one tick if you fire 3 ES back to back.
    When LnL procs (let's assume 4.3.2.), you can go ES ES AS ES or ES AS ES ES.

Both have one downside: If your latency is really low, it might happen that you still clip a tick. If that happens, you have to wait a split second after firing AS.

(If you're low on focus, don't use AS, but SS as a filler.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

hey guys, i was looking through my guild's logs yesterday and i noticed that i was doing approximately 10% less damage than another SV hunter in my guild. so i compared our gear and ability usage and saw that i had slightly better ability usage than them and they had slightly better gear than me, but not enough to cause this big of a difference. going through the logs, it looked like pretty much every single attack i made did on average 10% less damage than them.

so i looked through some of the top hunter parses in WoL, and noticed that every now and then there would be logs with the same exact issue:
    worldoflogs .c om/reports/rt-gm4b19psrjewzz87/sum/damageDone/?s=7435&e=7784
    worldoflogs .c om/reports/rt-kbtnixl0pqzli35s/sum/damageDone/?s=8289&e=8648
    worldoflogs .c om/reports/rt-1m8vaj70wgsqmto1/sum/damageDone/?s=4547&e=4906
    worldoflogs .c om/reports/rt-z2ku5vax3m7ayqie/sum/damageDone/?s=13945&e=14305
    worldoflogs .c om/reports/rt-hg2w0f0dngy4mi7w/sum/damageDone/?s=10528&e=10890

there are plenty more, from what i can tell, the hunters have fairly similar gear, at least not enough to cause 10% difference in damage on basically every ability.

is this a log issue, or am i missing something very obvious? looking at my talent spec, the only thing i can thing of that would affect this is noxious stings, but it doesn't seem to be affecting everyone (most parses with multiple SV hunters do not have this issue.)

sorry about double post, didn't think it went in first time.
    Last edited by shiggityshwat; 2012-01-19 at 05:48 PM.

How big was the gear difference? Were any of the differences in trinkets, esp those that stack haste? I know getting even a normal mode Wrath of Unchaining from a 397 Matrix Restabilizer upped my DPS significantly despite the half-tier ilvl difference.