Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    That would be doing it properly yes. Not sure about this issue you're reporting though, few times I've done ES>X>ES>ES and it's worked out fine.
    I tested it again tonight. When using ES-AS-ES-ES, one tick was clipped 50% of the time (total number of trials:20). Range did not effect DoT clipping (10 trials at min range, 10 trials at max range). It looks for at least one

When using ES-ES-AS-ES, the results were much better. Clipping also occurred only around 25% of the time (ten trials), when at minimum range. Latency stayed below 50ms for all the tests.

So I'm not sure if this is just an internal issue with displaying ticks in the combat logs or actually an issue. It appears that if clipping does occur, ES-ES-AS-ES does do a better job of preventing the clips.

Deleted
    nice guide has helped me out quite a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Maeten View Post
    I tested it again tonight. When using ES-AS-ES-ES, one tick was clipped 50% of the time (total number of trials:20). Range did not effect DoT clipping (10 trials at min range, 10 trials at max range). It looks for at least one

When using ES-ES-AS-ES, the results were much better. Clipping also occurred only around 25% of the time (ten trials), when at minimum range. Latency stayed below 50ms for all the tests.

So I'm not sure if this is just an internal issue with displaying ticks in the combat logs or actually an issue. It appears that if clipping does occur, ES-ES-AS-ES does do a better job of preventing the clips.

upload a log to wol please because every time I do this i don't clip

10+ Year Old Account

Hmm beats me, that's a head scratcher. I'll test it sometime and see what results I get.

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    upload a log to wol please because every time I do this i don't clip
    Done! I apparently can't post links to the logs until I have posted a few more times here. They can be found on world of logs under the Firetree guild <Critheads>, titled "Klaebra v Training Dummy."

Both logs were taken under 50ms of latency. The first had 10 Lock and Load procs, the second at 9.

ES-ES-AS-ES

Over ten LnLs a total of 86 ticks were recorded (54 non-crit, 23 crit). A theoretical 90 ticks should have been recorded if no clipping occurred. This means that 4 ticks were either not recorded or were clipped.

ES-AS-ES-ES

Over nine LnLs a total of 77 ticks were recorded. A theoretical 81 should have been recorded if no clipping occurred. This means that 4 ticks were either not recorded or were clipped.

This means that in both rotations there is a chance to clip ticks for explosive shot at low latency.

This means that in both rotations there is a chance to clip ticks for explosive shot at low latency.
    That's what I observed as well. I normally wait the usual split second after firing Arcane shot. I'd rather waste 0,2s on LnL then losing ticks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

Done! I apparently can't post links to the logs until I have posted a few more times here. They can be found on world of logs under the Firetree guild <Critheads>, titled "Klaebra v Training Dummy."

Both logs were taken under 50ms of latency. The first had 10 Lock and Load procs, the second at 9.

ES-ES-AS-ES

Over ten LnLs a total of 86 ticks were recorded (54 non-crit, 23 crit). A theoretical 90 ticks should have been recorded if no clipping occurred. This means that 4 ticks were either not recorded or were clipped.

ES-AS-ES-ES

Over nine LnLs a total of 77 ticks were recorded. A theoretical 81 should have been recorded if no clipping occurred. This means that 4 ticks were either not recorded or were clipped.

thank you for this, the details will be added to the guide and you will be credited

10+ Year Old Account

Did some testing tonight, worked fine for me and didn't clip any ticks.

must be latency dependent

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Of course it is. You start clipping around the 60-65ms mark in my experience, and it gets much worse very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post
    If you have incredibly low latency you might occasionally clip a tick in ES-ES-AS-ES, but it doesn't happen very often. It never happens to me at 100ms unless I am moving toward the target at the same time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post
    Of course it is. You start clipping around the 60-65ms mark in my experience, and it gets much worse very quickly.
    Na, this discussion have been in like 20 different threads and high latency was never a requirement for it to clip.

im at 20ms and when i spam the first 2 ES i get 8 ticks per LNL everytime, when im waiting for the gcd i get 9 but i dont know if its just better to ES AS ES AS/CS ES

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by flzk View Post
    im at 20ms and when i spam the first 2 ES i get 8 ticks per LNL everytime, when im waiting for the gcd i get 9 but i dont know if its just better to ES AS ES AS/CS ES
    No its not, its better to do ES ES AS .1 delay ES

Hey guys how to understand if i'm loosing any tick from a fight?

this is my ES report for an ultraxion fight for example

Actor Totals Ticks Tick Crits Misses
    Total
    Aleris 3431810 100.0 % 84 13325.1 1119306 84 27529.8 2312504 0
    3431810 100.0 % 84 13325.1 1119306 84 27529.8 2312504 0

It just tells me i got 84 ticks but doesn't tell me how many ES shots i've been firing... how to understand it? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Na, this discussion have been in like 20 different threads and high latency was never a requirement for it to clip.
    Wouldn't it make sense to see more clips on lower latency?
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pope View Post
    Wouldn't it make sense to see more clips on lower latency?
    If I remember correctly it was latency fluctuation, because having 20ms on all shots will make it the "same" as having 400ms on all shots in terms of clipping. But in general to have high or low latency wasn't what caused clipping.

Quote Originally Posted by crushy88 View Post
    Hey guys how to understand if i'm loosing any tick from a fight?

this is my ES report for an ultraxion fight for example

Actor Totals Ticks Tick Crits Misses
    Total
    Aleris 3431810 100.0 % 84 13325.1 1119306 84 27529.8 2312504 0
    3431810 100.0 % 84 13325.1 1119306 84 27529.8 2312504 0

It just tells me i got 84 ticks but doesn't tell me how many ES shots i've been firing... how to understand it? thanks
    It would be easier if you gave us a link to the WOL report. Copying and pasting into the forums causes some weird alignment issues, and we can't see how many shots you fired - that's on another tab.

Quote Originally Posted by Skygoneblue View Post
    It would be easier if you gave us a link to the WOL report. Copying and pasting into the forums causes some weird alignment issues, and we can't see how many shots you fired - that's on another tab.
    oh ok..
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/h...?s=5298&e=5597
    i'm aleris , the only one hunter.. thanks

On the buffs cast tab, find the number of ES debuffs applied, multiply it by 3 and compare it to the total number of ticks on the damage done page.
    In your case, you're not clipping, and you never will with your LnL rotation. For more dps, take out one of the arcane shots in between and instead leave a slight delay (hold off on the spamming until you actually see the gcd end, then let reaction time do the work).

Quote Originally Posted by CityPunch View Post
    On the buffs cast tab, find the number of ES debuffs applied, multiply it by 3 and compare it to the total number of ticks on the damage done page.
    In your case, you're not clipping, and you never will with your LnL rotation. For more dps, take out one of the arcane shots in between and instead leave a slight delay (hold off on the spamming until you actually see the gcd end, then let reaction time do the work).
    Problem is: He could clip 3 or 6 times on a fight, and would think "awesome, didn't clip an ES."

There is a spells used function somewhere in the Logs of WoL, but I can't get it to work.