Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    How big was the gear difference? Were any of the differences in trinkets, esp those that stack haste? I know getting even a normal mode Wrath of Unchaining from a 397 Matrix Restabilizer upped my DPS significantly despite the half-tier ilvl difference.
    Off topic, but what on earth is your other trinket if you decided to throw away the 397 matrix? Heroic vial?

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Off topic, but what on earth is your other trinket if you decided to throw away the 397 matrix? Heroic vial?
    femaledwarf is showing LFR Vial as a sizable upgrade to H Matrix with my gear set. Not certain how gear would affect it, but I'd assume the better gear that you have the farther ahead Vial pulls.

yeah, I have heroic vial as my other trinket. Right now I'm rocking heroic vial/normal Wrath, and swapping out vial for Sigil on H-Spine.

I was wondering, what do you guys make of this:

http://www.warcrafthuntersunion.com/...oad-rotations/

I've been doing my LnL rotation like this:

ES - ES - AS - ES when focus is high enough
    ES - ES - CS - ES when focus isnt high enough

I'm not convinced I should change it, seems to be working quite ok doing it like I describe above.

Question: once the new patch hits and we don't have AS consuming LnL procs, could I also do this when high on focus (to prevent capping e.g.):

ES - AS - ES - ES

Edit: I'm not looking for a "Frostheim sucks, he's a noob" discussion, which have appeared in the past when referring to his website. I'm genuinely interested if his theory would indeed work.
    Last edited by Leinho; 2012-01-25 at 01:04 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leinho View Post
    I was wondering, what do you guys make of this:

http://www.warcrafthuntersunion.com/...oad-rotations/

I've been doing my LnL rotation like this:

ES - ES - AS - ES when focus is high enough
    ES - ES - CS - ES when focus isnt high enough

I'm not convinced I should change it, seems to be working quite ok doing it like I describe above.

Question: once the new patch hits and we don't have AS consuming LnL procs, could I also do this when high on focus (to prevent capping e.g.):

ES - AS - ES - ES

Edit: I'm not looking for a "Frostheim sucks, he's a noob" discussion, which have appeared in the past when referring to his website. I'm genuinely interested if his theory would indeed work.
    ES ES AS ES will most likely be the optimal "rotation" with high focus and with low focus you cant do ES AS ES AS ES so ES ES CS ES will most likely stay. Dont think much will change in the regards of how we handle LnL just that we wont be accedently using a charge on AS when it procs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggityshwat View Post
    hey guys, i was looking through my guild's logs yesterday and i noticed that i was doing approximately 10% less damage than another SV hunter in my guild. so i compared our gear and ability usage and saw that i had slightly better ability usage than them and they had slightly better gear than me, but not enough to cause this big of a difference. going through the logs, it looked like pretty much every single attack i made did on average 10% less damage than them.

so i looked through some of the top hunter parses in WoL, and noticed that every now and then there would be logs with the same exact issue: LOGS

there are plenty more, from what i can tell, the hunters have fairly similar gear, at least not enough to cause 10% difference in damage on basically every ability.

is this a log issue, or am i missing something very obvious? looking at my talent spec, the only thing i can thing of that would affect this is noxious stings, but it doesn't seem to be affecting everyone (most parses with multiple SV hunters do not have this issue.)
    Well Shiggityshwat, I seemed to have exactly the same problem once we started on Ultraxion HC. I somehow managed to about 10% less damage on most of my abilities then the other hunter, Harrumph, that is my spells hit for about 10% less damage, not talking about how often any of them hit or the overall damage, just the damage done by the spells on hit. We had about the same Ilvl gear (maybe half an ilvl off), both using wrath of the unchaining, him using Vial vs my Compass, same race and ofcourse same using of the cooldowns.

After checking everything, I found a diffirence in the use of Glyph of Serpent Sting by the other hunter in our raid vs me using Glyph of Arcane shot.

On sunday we tried it an entire day where my damage was 10% lower. This was the raid I noticed the damage diffirence. worldoflogs. com/reports/4py150did15yi77h/

On tuesday after figuring out it was probably related to the Glyphs, both of us started changing some around which let to sometimes me having the actual higher damage and sometimes him. Currently seems to be that the one person using SrS glyph would be higher then the person using Arcane Shot. The diffirence was with the exact same numbers, only sometimes he would have the lower and I would have the higher and sometimes other way around. The numbers I used were the average explosive shots crits, which hover around 25.5k for the lower person and 27.5k for the higher. But most abilities would have the damage diffirence. worldoflogs. com/reports/iim5qu1r9qcwq41v/

So I made a ticket and after talking to a GM and explaining the entire situation, he's going to send the report he made of to higher powers and we'll see what happens then. SS to entire conversation I had with the GM: imageshack. us/f/818/46193253.jpg/
    Last edited by mmoc58394d3cc0; 2012-01-25 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvinn View Post
    Well Shiggityshwat, I seemed to have exactly the same problem once we started on Ultraxion HC. I somehow managed to about 10% less damage on most of my abilities then the other hunter, Harrumph, that is my spells hit for about 10% less damage, not talking about how often any of them hit or the overall damage, just the damage done by the spells on hit. We had about the same Ilvl gear (maybe half an ilvl off), both using wrath of the unchaining, him using Vial vs my Compass, same race and ofcourse same using of the cooldowns.

After checking everything, I found a diffirence in the use of Glyph of Serpent Sting by the other hunter in our raid vs me using Glyph of Arcane shot.

On sunday we tried it an entire day where my damage was 10% lower. This was the raid I noticed the damage diffirence. worldoflogs. com/reports/4py150did15yi77h/

On tuesday after figuring out it was probably related to the Glyphs, both of us started changing some around which let to sometimes me having the actual higher damage and sometimes him. Currently seems to be that the one person using SrS glyph would be higher then the person using Arcane Shot. The diffirence was with the exact same numbers, only sometimes he would have the lower and I would have the higher and sometimes other way around. The numbers I used were the average explosive shots crits, which hover around 25.5k for the lower person and 27.5k for the higher. But most abilities would have the damage diffirence. worldoflogs. com/reports/iim5qu1r9qcwq41v/

So I made a ticket and after talking to a GM and explaining the entire situation, he's going to send the report he made of to higher powers and we'll see what happens then. SS to entire conversation I had with the GM: imageshack. us/f/818/46193253.jpg/
    I just went to a dummy in og (using no cds outside of scope+ glove enchant) then did 10million dmg, with arcane and with serp.. I saw no noticable difference between the two outside of the obvious arcane (13k/26.7k with arc glyph, and 11.6/23.6k without arc glyph)

this was using 10mill dmg as said above as the sample size, against a raiding dummy in OG using recount to monitor it.. it might just be WoL doing something odd or it might be the bosses in dragon soul it has some effect on

Deleted
    Yes it was only on Ultraxion that I noticed the damage diffirence, havent been able to see it anywhere else, also I'm pretty sure it is only affected if there are 2 hunters in the raid at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvinn View Post
    Yes it was only on Ultraxion that I noticed the damage diffirence, havent been able to see it anywhere else, also I'm pretty sure it is only affected if there are 2 hunters in the raid at the time.
    The idea holds some merit, although it may not be related to glyphs.

Serpent sting applies 2 auras. The damage, and the % damage modifier. It's entirely possible that only one of you will get the Noxious Stings 10% damage effect. Try and test based on who applied it first if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    The idea holds some merit, although it may not be related to glyphs.

Serpent sting applies 2 auras. The damage, and the % damage modifier. It's entirely possible that only one of you will get the Noxious Stings 10% damage effect. Try and test based on who applied it first if possible.
    If that were the case, then it would probably happen on every fight instead of just Ultraxion. And if it was an Ultraxion specific bug, then you should be able to see it on every log with multiple SV hunters instead of just a subset of the logs.

Deleted
    I was originally thinking the same thing. I was gonna test that after testing it with the glyph. The first try I tried it with Glyph of SrS, my damage jumped up to what his used to be and he dropped down to my level. Which is different from what the entire sunday raid was where I never changed anything about the glyphs.

So, let me get that straight, did you use different glyphs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

Deleted
    Used Glyph of Arcane Shot myself on sunday, other hunter used Glyph of SrS, like that he did most damage.
    On tuesday I asked him to use Arcane Shot, which kept me lower. Then on the second try I tried SrS while he still used Arcane Shot, which uped my damage to what his was and his to what mine used to be. After that we basicly switched around trying to get us both to get the high damage which didnt work.

This guide is awesome. Made me switch from MM to surv, read through the entire guide a few time,s now I'm topping almost every DPS chart I'm on :-)
    bong hits for jesus. golf wang

i wanna say it's the 10% damage bonus from noxious stings only benefiting one hunter as ou rlast attempts on ultraxion the other hunter was mm for the first few attempts and i was pulling 42k or so and when he swapped to sv keep in mind i was the one throwing up hunters mark so his srs would be up first i noticed i couldnt pull the same numbers i was when he was MM i dropped to about 39-40k by about the 10% mark where i was consistantly doing 42.

I saw a hunter in lfr lead in damage without using explosive shot once. Does the four set make it so spamming arcane shot instead of using explosive optimal?
    I am the co-host of a WoW related podcast at www.warcraftlounge.com. Check it out for tips on making gold, commentary on general WoW news, and entertaining recaps of the stupid shit that has happened to us in game. You can download us at iTunes, where we have a 5 star rating from our listeners.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakkmur View Post
    I saw a hunter in lfr lead in damage without using explosive shot once. Does the four set make it so spamming arcane shot instead of using explosive optimal?
    Nononono. Not at all

It means that he was either marksmanship, or your entire raid was incredibly bad, to say it blunt.

Deleted
    Spamming arcane shot is bad bad bad! As Dracodraco said either he was MM or the LFR group was really bad. Anyways survival uses so much arcane shots becouse of extra focus from 2pc, and that causes the 4pc to proc regulary. Explosive shot > arcane shot all the time.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    It means that he was either marksmanship, or your entire raid was incredibly bad, to say it blunt.
    Or it means the hunter was overgeared and generally skilled. I run LFR for fun quite often even when I can't roll on anything...call it catharsis or whatever...it's fun and zero stress. As BM, arcane shot accounts for about 38-40% of your damage.