Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    This thread is really unnecessary. Nobody made a 'Go mexico" Thread when they won..

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Why would you not root for you nation's team in a nation v. nation sports affair? I'm pretty sure everybody roots for their country, and they're happy when their country wins.
    Not at all.

Didn't even know the U.S. had a soccer team. I guess we always have something new to learn.

This thread is really unnecessary. Nobody made a 'Go mexico" Thread when they won..
    ^ Assuming anyone would care for Mexico.
    Last edited by ardipithecus11; 2011-07-10 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Derp

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Supraah View Post
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! M-E-X-I-C-O WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

happy now?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ardipithecus11 View Post
    Not at all.

Didn't even know the U.S. had a soccer team.
    They do, but the team is too busy complaining that they are not allowed to use their hands.

Deleted
    im not being sexist or anything here, but i never actually knew that people took woman's football seriously, ive never seen it on TV until this year and never knew anybody followed it :P

Grats to you, best luck to the american team.
    Now that the germans are out, the Hype needs to settle down.
    They're just not as good as they were in the past.

Let's see how far the japanese will get.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    im not being sexist or anything here, but i never actually knew that people took woman's football seriously, ive never seen it on TV until this year and never knew anybody followed it :P
    I never knew anyone in the states took soccer seriously and especially women's soccer no offense I for one find it to be a very boring sport almost at baseballs level.

Quote Originally Posted by Replicate View Post
    I never knew anyone in the states took soccer seriously and especially women's soccer no offense I for one find it to be a very boring sport almost at baseballs level.
    Most people in Europe think otherwise, most "american" sports (basketball, baseball, icehockey, football) are boring to me, too much pauses, too few action.
    (well, I guess basketball is ok.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Replicate View Post
    You must really dislike soccer if you compare it to baseball.

Why would you not root for you nation's team in a nation v. nation sports affair? I'm pretty sure everybody roots for their country, and they're happy when their country wins.
    Then again, when was the last time somebody rooted for Germany to win? Right, in the 40's; and we all know what came of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelle View Post
    Meh, the girls in the US get more success than the mens team. Football will never be as popular in the states as it is in Europe and else where.
    Perhaps not all of the US, as there is a lot of sports competition. But in some cities like Seattle, it is very popular. Seattle averages 36,000 people per game which is enough to rank them in the top 50 world wide.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pope View Post
    Most people in Europe think otherwise, most "american" sports (basketball, baseball, icehockey, football) are boring to me, too much pauses, too few action.
    i dont really like watching any sports, find them all quite boring to watch, but i love playing. but i have never liked baseball and basketball, we played these in school and i hated them, found them really boring. never played american football, but ive played rugby and i love that so i would probably enjoy that.

Quote Originally Posted by ardipithecus11 View Post
    Didn't even know the U.S. had a soccer team. I guess we always have something new to learn.
    The U.S. women national team is tied with Germany for most World cups won.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Occasus View Post
    Perhaps not all of the US, as there is a lot of sports competition. But in some cities like Seattle, it is very popular. Seattle averages 36,000 people per game which is enough to rank them in the top 50 world wide.
    On the professional level Soccer isn't as popular across the country. But from highschool and down I'd say it is pretty popular with most states having plenty of teams. And yep certain cities/states do have a higher popularity for it. Just like Texas is known for football, along with certain other areas/states/etc.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Pope View Post
    You think hockey (which isnt American btw) is too boring with too many pauses...? o_O

Have you ever seen a game? In soccer you can literally take your sweet ass time wearing down the clock to switch off players while you walk off the field. In hockey you have haul your ass over to your bench throw yourself over the wall just so the team members you are switching off with can do the exact same thing to get back on the ice. I have seen every single sport live and hockey is by far if not one of the most fast paced sports out of them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Supraah View Post
    No offense to Mexico (part of my family is from there) but they have one of the worst women's teams that qualified. In fact, this is the first year they've won a world cup game.

The US v Brazil game was a game between arguably two of the top teams. And winning it is very exciting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I try to watch the world cup every 4 years along with any other tournaments along the way. I always root for the USA in major tournaments but its hard as they are not in every one.

As for the Soccer v. Football v. Footy debate. All I have to say is this.... Name something football and it will be your nations most popular sport

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    You must be relatively young then. As the women's team was very popular a few years ago. 1996-2000 were great years for popularity. Nike even named one of their buildings after a female soccer player.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2011-07-10 at 07:44 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Always glad to see the US representing themselves well on the world stage of sports. Grats ladies!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    umm, no? I'm american but I always root for brazil/england when I watch soccer. I could care less about which nation/country is competing, I only care about the actual players.