Poll: Did you like underwater zones/questing?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I would have liked that there was more than just being under water. I mean, buildings that are partly under water and you walk there, much like in the beginning of Sunken Temple, but more of it in many different ways.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Despite all the "I loved it as a caster" talk above, I can say that as a rogue I rather enjoyed Vashj'ir- it was definitely my favorite zone of the expansion and I found it a lot more interesting to go through than Mount Hyjal.
    Be reasonable. You might be right, you could be wrong, but either way most people won't change their minds if you keep shouting at them.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always want to be."

I played through on a warrior, rogue, Dk. Wasn't too bad =P

---------- Post added 2011-07-10 at 07:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Magellann View Post
    Despite all the "I loved it as a caster" talk above, I can say that as a rogue I rather enjoyed Vashj'ir- it was definitely my favorite zone of the expansion and I found it a lot more interesting to go through than Mount Hyjal.
    Oh its possible. Like I said I have done it on 3 melee now. Also everyone who has not done it DO IT I say that only because of how blizzard made us do hyjal quests to access firelands. If they open up abyssal maw what if they have dailies there?

10+ Year Old Account
    Vash'jir was outstanding, but I'd rather it stand by itself for a while. I can't say I'd be nearly as thrilled with multiple water zones.

Under water fighting doesnt make sense for a mage.. How can u cast a fireball under water? makes to sense... i hear in guild wars 2, mages spells change when going in the water.. instead of fireball, u throw a steam ball, something like that

Quote Originally Posted by Designer View Post
    I would have liked that there was more than just being under water. I mean, buildings that are partly under water and you walk there, much like in the beginning of Sunken Temple, but more of it in many different ways.
    Oh of course. I didnt want to just chill in the water the whole time. I feel sorry for our toons.... Ewww so much salt water they had to drink.

---------- Post added 2011-07-10 at 07:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by miguelcrespo85 View Post
    Under water fighting doesnt make sense for a mage.. How can u cast a fireball under water? makes to sense... i hear in guild wars 2, mages spells change when going in the water.. instead of fireball, u throw a steam ball, something like that
    Lol. thats sweet.

Deleted
    I liked the zone very much. It was a nice change and I liked the quests. They have done a nice job in that zone for me.

As a note, I played that zone the first time with a Warrior and then with a Hunter and I must say I loved it both times!

Quote Originally Posted by lazymangaka View Post
    Vash'jir was outstanding, but I'd rather it stand by itself for a while. I can't say I'd be nearly as thrilled with multiple water zones.
    I only ask because I feel like WoW will bring more in if there is a South seas Xpac

---------- Post added 2011-07-10 at 07:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by gravity00 View Post
    I liked the zone very much. It was a nice change and I liked the quests. They have done a nice job in that zone for me.<br>
    <br>
    As a note, I played that zone the first time with a Warrior and then with a Hunter and I must say I loved it both times!
    Wow. I did the same actually lol.

Deleted
    Did vas on my hunter till i got the underwater mount then went hyjal.

I've never been back on any toon (nor will i go back) unless i need to find a new 5/10/25man entrance i've no need to go back otherwise.

Nope, not a fan on melee or my casters. Wasn't even the movement limitations really, just felt awkward. Maybe if there were some tweaks.

Sucked as melee, didn't feel quite right on caster alt either TBH, navigation is annoying (Next questhub is... here, but i don't see anything, time to sweep the area for cave entrances, again), it's nice as part of a zone (like thousand needles: some quests underwater, some above and a ship for questhub), but another entire zone underwater? no thanks...

Vashj'ir pulled off the underwater feel pretty well and the zone's size complimented it nicely. Overall I think they couldn't have done it any better(besides making it non-linear, which goes for the other new zones as well).

However, I generally don't like swimming or playing underwater in video games. If it's not too big of a hike I tend to go around pools and lakes rather than subject myself to the element I dislike, even nowadays when we don't automatically dismount anymore. So I don't want any more underwater zones. Vashj'ir was a.. decent quality experience and something different, but I'm glad I'm done with it.

I wouldn't mind a zone in the air, though. Air is a nice element, flying is something I can get behind. Airships are awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Sucked as melee, didn't feel quite right on caster alt either TBH, navigation is annoying (Next questhub is... here, but i don't see anything, time to sweep the area for cave entrances, again), it's nice as part of a zone (like thousand needles: some quests underwater, some above and a ship for questhub), but another entire zone underwater? no thanks...
    I hated the caves

I fucking LOVED it and if there were any reason at all to go back, I would.

Deleted
    Not at all. Due to the level differences, freezing stuff on my frost mage became problematic and it made me pretty frustrated. Visually and all that it was nice though.

Deleted
    Hells yeah! As a druid Vashj'ir was like a dream. If you over pulled or got attacked by alliance (I'm horde) you could just cast Aquatic form and be out of there in no time. Also it was so beautiful and the lore was nice.
    Too bad there is not a reason to go back there and I would love to have more zones like it!

I absolutely loved it. A new way to quest, as how you had to look above and below you, instead of what was just at your sides. Sure, some parts were tedious, like travel before access to the mount, but I thoroughly enjoyed the zone. However, it was much more fun on a caster class. Melee movement was irritating, at times.

Deleted
    Oh hell no.

Went to Vash with my 1st 85 just few hours after they launched Cata and I swear the gods after like half hour I wanted to twist my neck.

Deleted
    Vashj'ir looks nice but overall, no, don't like it at all :/

With the exception of some 'indoors' locations, Vash'jir is just too bright... almost everywhere.

They could make it mystical, dark and awesome by just making it way darker with highlighted, blooming features here and there. But maybe 12 year olds would be scared with less lighting than in the Little bloody Mermaid. -_-