10+ Year Old Account

Blue Screen - Help!?

GM's computer shat itself, got him to take a pic of the bluescreen, can someone tell me exactly what is wrong? He said it boots to the desktop but gets all blocky on the monitor then blue screens, so I assume overheating or graphics card thing. Cheers!

http://purge.mmoguildsites.com/gallery_images/315987

Does it boot fine in safe mode?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, same thing, still blue-screens

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    tmevtmgr.sys is a trend micro file, I would have him contact Trend Micro regarding that issue.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Quote Originally Posted by Jake5467 View Post
    GM's computer shat itself, got him to take a pic of the bluescreen, can someone tell me exactly what is wrong? He said it boots to the desktop but gets all blocky on the monitor then blue screens, so I assume overheating or graphics card thing. Cheers!

http://purge.mmoguildsites.com/gallery_images/315987
    Looks to be caused by Trentmicro Security. If he can boot the computer into safe mode, deinstall it and run a different virusscanner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, same thing, still blue-screens
    Need the following info:

Computer specs (mobo(bios version), HDD, CPU, vid card, ram)
    OS
    Overclocking?

It's to do with his Trend Micro Security software, tell him to uninstall it if he still has it, and if he does, then run CCleaner on the RegEdit mode to remove any bad registry files that it may have left behind.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

tell him to go into safe mode, run msconfig, startup and disable everything.

then boot back into windows and see if it does it.

Here's a decent link regarding the Stop 0x8E, and malware. Your GM's PC seems to be infected..

http://icrontic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50966

If it doesn't boot into windows in safe mode even, have him load the hard drive into a linux computer, or have him boot from a liveCD, and search through the computer to clear the virus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh ok, thought it would be hardware related, cheers for the responses and possible saving of a new computer. He must have been booting safe mode wrong or something, he is a bit of a derp.

---------- Post added 2011-07-12 at 12:34 AM ----------

Also, it was an XPS Gaming System from dell he purchased 3 years ago, he said it had 2 graphics cards but 1 died and he has been using 1 for a while now. Running XP 32-bit.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh ok, thought it would be hardware related, cheers for the responses and possible saving of a new computer. He must have been booting safe mode wrong or something, he is a bit of a derp.

---------- Post added 2011-07-12 at 12:34 AM ----------

Also, it was an XPS Gaming System from dell he purchased 3 years ago, he said it had 2 graphics cards but 1 died and he has been using 1 for a while now. Running XP 32-bit.
    It's probably not hardware related at all, but he'll need to get rid of Trend Micro and see if it still creeps up whether to determine that is the root cause. I've read some rootkits throw the same BSOD sometimes.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, I appreciate this very much everyone, you have just saved him over a grand!!! <3 you all