15+ Year Old Account

when to fel flame

was wondering when it would be a good idea to use fel flame i got my full tier set now and im not sure when would be a good idea to use it

^afflication warlock^

Deleted
    if you got 4/5 t11, use it when the bonus procs, other than that only use fel flame when on the move and nothing else to cast.

Alot of affi locks do the mistake and use it to refresh UA, it might seem smart, but in the end its a dps loss

What previous post said. The 4pc T11 is not a huge dps boost (~120dps) but it can be useful when it procs at the right time. For example the stacks of the buff are only depleted when the Fel Flame actually connects and does damage. So on a fight like P1 of Ascendant Council when Ignacious has his shield up each of your Fel Flames with do 300% damage to the shield and since they are absorbed do not take away from the buff.

15+ Year Old Account
    I bound it to mousewheel down and spam the crap out of it while moving. That's the only time I use it.

R.I.P. YARG

15+ Year Old Account
    is there an animation for the proc like how the shadowbolt proc shows up

No, you'll need to make one yourself with power auras, or watch your buff bar.

Actually if you want to get technical using Fel Flame to refresh UA when you have int procs etc (aka a stronger dot available) it's a dps increase to refresh the dot with Fel Flame instead of recasting the dot. This also depends what procs you have up, how much actual duration is left on the dot, and if you moving at the time.

Actually if you want to get technical using Fel Flame to refresh UA when you have int procs etc (aka a stronger dot available) it's a dps increase to refresh the dot with Fel Flame instead of recasting the dot. This also depends what procs you have up, how much actual duration is left on the dot, and if you moving at the time.
    Untrue. Fel Flame only adds 6 sec to UA which is a 18 sec dot. Therefore it would take 3 Fel flames to get the full duration of the dot. This is equivalent to 3-4.5 sec from GCDs depending on haste. Where's UA base cast time is 1.5 sec before haste and possible glyph. So if you rely on Fel Flame to refresh UA your looking at anywhere from a 200%-300% loss in possible casting time.

I have powa setup to show the buff, and a second powa alert (with sound) for sub5sec warning.

Lets me know I can wait if I am about to move, otherwise I will just burn straight up in replacement of the next shadowbolt.