Thread: Warlock Bashing

Warlock Bashing

Anyone else notice lots of Warlock Bashing on their servers in trade chat? Seems to be happening a lot, this week lot of complaints about Bethtallic and spiderlings. Also, low dps complaints.

Nope, my dps is fine, and I can take care of spiderlings np if I go demo.

you pay attention to trade chat?
    o.0

My AoE damage as Destro might not be on top of the list but Shadowflame sure as hell adds a lot of utility on the Spiderlings. Plus Bane of Havoc in phase 1 is a blessing.

Deleted
    on normale, yea we are not on top. but on hc... i love playing demo and topping the aoe charts

Deleted
    It's all about being on the drone!

10+ Year Old Account
    just ignore tradechat, place is usually filled with baddies, trolls and goldspammers.
    myself i'm on the spinners while frequently dotting the drone up.
    I could go demo for the spiderlings but due having 2 mm hunters in the raidgroup (10m) they die instantly.

I was pretty happy topping my guild's meters on beth two weeks in a row, with 17.5k and 20.5k, as affliction. What's bad isn't warlocks, it's people's stupid prejudices.
    More Dots Warlock Blog

Beta-version spell tool, video guides, and warlock commentary. Help me improve it with your comments and suggestions!

I find there are very few locks per server that actually no the in's and out's of the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Manguadi View Post
    What's bad isn't warlocks, it's people's stupid prejudices.
    Exactly. Our class may have it's quirks, but when played well we can definitely do some competitive damage.

---------- Post added 2011-07-12 at 09:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    I find there are very few locks per server that actually no the in's and out's of the class.
    This is another problem that definitely leads to people bashing us. I don't see a ton of warlocks either who truly know how to play.

15+ Year Old Account
    What's bad is that you're giving trade chat comments any merit whatsoever. They all stem from passive aggressiveness on the part of co-raiders with particular warlocks. If they're bitching in trade about warlocks in general, maybe someone should tell their guild warlocks and start a true argument.

R.I.P. YARG

Deleted
    Well before I gave in and made a lock after deciding hunters were shit since the resource change, I used to make fun of Warlocks for being emo. I could just be egotistical though and still think that, me being an exception of course.

Yay demons.

Who said Warlocks have bad DPS? I'm currently an undergeared AffLock and I can keep up with a geared hunter's DPS, even on trash sometimes. It's all about managing your debuffs and DoT uptime, meaning you should be spamming shadowbolts, using Fel Flame to restore Unstable Affliction (or otherwise hardcasting UA because you're out of range for FF), watching your Corruption ticks (talenting correctly gives plenty of chances to restore them automatically!), using Dark Intent on the correct targets (Spriests > any druid, including resto > rogues > hunters, in general), having the correct pet out (hint: Fel Hunter!), and gemming/echanting/gearing correctly (INT > Hit to cap > haste > crit > mastery)--all while staying out of bad and explaining why you'd rather not fear that mob! (Well, I'm not glyphed for it, at least. I have an addiction to numbers.)

Ignore them, outperform them, and leave them alone.

I've said this before in other posts. If your using Fel Flame to refresh UA your wasting GCDs. Fel Flame adds 6 sec to UA at the cost of a GCD (right around 1.2 sec to 1.3 sec depending on haste right now). A glyphed UA with the same haste is about 1.1 - 1.2 sec cast which is about the same as the GCD. So you can Fel Flame every 6 sec and waste time for other stuff or cast UA every 15ish sec. Seems like a no brainer to me. Fel Flame is only good when you have to move.

Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    I've said this before in other posts. If your using Fel Flame to refresh UA your wasting GCDs. Fel Flame adds 6 sec to UA at the cost of a GCD (right around 1.2 sec to 1.3 sec depending on haste right now). A glyphed UA with the same haste is about 1.1 - 1.2 sec cast which is about the same as the GCD. So you can Fel Flame every 6 sec and waste time for other stuff or cast UA every 15ish sec. Seems like a no brainer to me. Fel Flame is only good when you have to move.
    Fel flame when you need to move, and don't need to life tap.

Quote Originally Posted by WMDistraction View Post
    Who said Warlocks have bad DPS? I'm currently an undergeared AffLock and I can keep up with a geared hunter's DPS, even on trash sometimes. It's all about managing your debuffs and DoT uptime, meaning you should be spamming shadowbolts, using Fel Flame to restore Unstable Affliction (or otherwise hardcasting UA because you're out of range for FF), watching your Corruption ticks (talenting correctly gives plenty of chances to restore them automatically!), using Dark Intent on the correct targets (Spriests > any druid, including resto > rogues > hunters, in general), having the correct pet out (hint: Fel Hunter!), and gemming/echanting/gearing correctly (INT > Hit to cap > haste > crit > mastery)--all while staying out of bad and explaining why you'd rather not fear that mob! (Well, I'm not glyphed for it, at least. I have an addiction to numbers.)

Ignore them, outperform them, and leave them alone.
    Who do people insist on refreshing UA with FF, it really boggles the mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inshabel View Post
    Who do people insist on refreshing UA with FF, it really boggles the mind.
    The only reason I know of that aff locks refresh ua with ff is if they get some kinda of proc and a quick ff will increase the damage the dot ticks do and is better than hard casting ua again. Really the only reason I can think of

10+ Year Old Account
    I expected a question about Druid PvP.