Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Lifegrip - Can You Kill People With It?

Hi, I have been standing on clifffaces and lifegripping for ages now - and I am yet to kill anyone with it - they keep just standing on invisible ground on the edge of the ledge.
    Whats the secret I am missing?
    Adding bewbs to his Avatar since 2011

not being a sneaky little tiger trying to kill ur own ppl,,thats the secret

Hey, let's not be rude ~ Ultima
    Last edited by Ultima; 2011-07-14 at 02:23 PM.

fly in sky over hole, dismount, lifegrip, levitate self

10+ Year Old Account
    we used to play ALOT whit lifegrip expecially while raid break , on valiona and theralion YOU are able to get ppl thrown to the lava whit using life grip just need right angle/spot :3 took 30 mins to learn secret there and 5 priest spamming grip XD , GM came back and was mad for being at lava ;_;
    "Veni, vidi, vici"

"I came, I saw, I conquered"

10+ Year Old Account
    Atop the Golden Throne, wondering how it was easier to get up than back down.
    Quote Originally Posted by the9tail View Post
    Hi, I have been standing on clifffaces and lifegripping for ages now - and I am yet to kill anyone with it - they keep just standing on invisible ground on the edge of the ledge.
    Whats the secret I am missing?
    Have you tried grabbing people who are running towards you onto the cliff face? Not the same as just pulling them off, but they jump off on their own and bitch about it later, so same result.
    Leviatharan - Level 120 Blood Elf Unholy Death Knight - Inscription/Herbalism - <Conflux> - Drak'Tharon US

Now author of Morbid Musings, a blog dedicated to DK theorycraft. Ish.

Ok, I have a lot of experience killing my friends/wiping groups with it in heroics. The best place to do this is Grim Batol. What you want to do is wait till the victim is running (ie right after you kill a pack and are moving to the next one) and use the "walk" keybind ( / ) to inch yourself on the edge, just one step from falling off. When the victim starts running, life grip and 9 times out of 10 the victim will not have a quick enough reaction to stop running before running over the edge to their death. This is one of the most satisfying ways to kill a friendly player.

Quote Originally Posted by Scy View Post
    Ok, I have a lot of experience killing my friends/wiping groups with it in heroics. The best place to do this is Grim Batol. What you want to do is wait till the victim is running (ie right after you kill a pack and are moving to the next one) and use the "walk" keybind ( / ) to inch yourself on the edge, just one step from falling off. When the victim starts running, life grip and 9 times out of 10 the victim will not have a quick enough reaction to stop running before running over the edge to their death. This is one of the most satisfying ways to kill a friendly player.
    I may need to try this on my priest now lmao. That sounds epic!

Herald of the Titans
    15+ Year Old Account
    if a person with a run speed boost jumps down to the balcony where nefarian stands they will take enough fall damage by landing at base of steps that you can life grip them to an invisible ledge just below the lip of the level that the elevator boss lands..

if the person tries to move/jump at all they will fall again and unless they heal themselves a bit will die from the double fall damage

Deleted
    the bosses in heroics seems nerfed now but at the start of expansion i used to kill ppl as holy priest got only 2 things i can think of now
    at the first boss in brc when he cleaves guardian spirit yourself grip someone at last second to get cleaved to death or in grimbatol first boss
    guardian spirit pull someone straight into charge

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Idea is to LG them whilst they're running.

It changes the direction they're looking, and hopefully they'll run off the side with little more effort on your part. Alternatives are lava, then Dispersing whilst your buddy WTFs in Raid, and LG'ing friends to stranded platforms in the air whilst a 2nd Priest LGs you back to the primary island.

Seeing LG fail however is a terrible feeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Duke
    Hail to the King, Baby!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eye Heart GS View Post
    I remember a guy like you who used to go around forcing his beliefs on others. He started up a few camps in Germany back in the 40s and it didn't turn out well for him in the end.

Let this be a warning to you.

One time my douchbag priest friend was standing at the edge of a cliff. He told me to come over to him so I did. He lifegripped me and i fell off -.-
    Last edited by Ultima; 2011-07-14 at 01:13 AM. Reason: Slightly explicit part removed

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    My friend liked to lifegrip me into the cannonballs that fall at certain times in Deadmines. I honestly couldn't be mad at him for it. I thought it was too funny.
    "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin & Hobbes

I would love to see the statistics on how often this is used to help someone compared to how often it is just used to annoy someone. I have used it twice now in a useful way. I pulled a hunter from a charge on the first boss in GrimB and I pulled someone from the harvester guy in DMs. But I have probably killed 50 people using it, mostly in GB.

You can also pull afk people under water and drown them

10+ Year Old Account
    so I am gathering from the responses the player you plan to kill has to be
    a) running
    b) slow reflexes

so I assume I would be facing away from the edge, and the player would need to run through me and die right?
    Adding bewbs to his Avatar since 2011

Deleted
    Other then intentionally trying to dump people into stuff you can actually get people killed while trying to move them from something, an example of this was atramedes during the flight stage if you life gripped someone who was at the time being hit by the fire beam then they would take damage until the pull was finished which in the case of a long distance pull would usually end up with them being DoA.

Deleted
    We go into firelands, after 2 hours we get to Ryolith. The raid leader says: "Okay, let's take a break for 10 minutes" ..
    I jump in the lava before the boss, grip a random afk'er in, move out and go downstairs to grab a drink... Ah so satisfying

In the hall where Ragnaros is, there's a bridge with worms next to it. After you kill the worms you can stand on the edge of the bridge, grip someone over the hole where the worms were and kill em.

I realize this kills them (that's kind of the point) but we have mass ress so we always res people fast and easy .. Unless they die twice fast

Me and some of the other priests in the guild also love to chain grip people back when running in, especially those rogues and cats with sprint boosts

I must say the skill also has a lot of positive possibilities but that's not the purpose of this topic.

Deleted
    Life gripping into shatter from Ozruk HC when he is enraged usually kills ppl, or last boss in Vortex Pin when he does his aoe. Me and my guildies usually try to kill eachother all the time with it

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    If people are going AFK between boss-attempts you can pull them into the Lava as punishment!

Justice!

Deleted
    You mean... like this?