Page 1 of 19
... LastLast
    Deleted

Ragnaros fixed - kill incoming?

So, with todays hotfixes Raganaros should finally be killable.

After almost a week of practice I fully expect a kill within the next 20 hours, so probably before the EU servers come up.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

• Ragnaros
      • Several locations which could be used to avoid damage from Engulfing Flames have been adjusted so they’re no longer safe spots.
      • Combustible will always be reapplied to Living Meteors, even if the attacking character dies as a Meteor Impact occurs.
      • Living Meteors will now become frozen by Cenarius under all conditions when transitioning into phase 4 on Heroic difficulty.
      • If a Living Meteor is frozen in the lava pool during the transition into phase 4 on Heroic difficulty, it will teleport on a player after the stun ends, but will no longer explode immediately. Players now have a 2-second window to escape the meteor’s melee range.
      • Living Meteors will gain the Living Meteor Transform buff once frozen in the Breadth of Frost trap, even if a meteor is knocked into it.
      • If a Living Meteor's fixated target drops aggro via Feign Death, the meteor will target the pet, and then select a new non-pet target upon which to fixate.
      • Ragnaros now enrages after 18 minutes in all raid difficulties and sizes, up from 15 minutes.

I stand corrected.
    Last edited by mmoc433ceb40ad; 2011-07-14 at 01:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the boss' that were hard for the first time (mainly Balrog the Gatekeeper) is still hard because it was because of the dps race. So the guilds won't just faceroll their way even if they've done it already once. We'll see. 5 hours 'till EU servers are up and running.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    Well the boss' that were hard for the first time (mainly Balrog the Gatekeeper) is still hard because it was because of the dps race. So the guilds won't just faceroll their way even if they've done it already once. We'll see. 5 hours 'till EU servers are up and running.
    Or they could extend there raid id lockout >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Wounds View Post
    only balrog would be a point to do that. all over bosses are quite easy for the harcore ones i think and so they get more good needed loot. but interessting question if anyone would do this
    German guy speaking bad english :/

If guilds have gotten him down to 10% already, i don't see how they won't kill him by the end of this week, if anything in the next couple of days

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Wounds View Post
    And miss on the loot that would benefit them? Not sure they would do that...

Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    If guilds have gotten him down to 10% already, i don't see how they won't kill him by the end of this week, if anything in the next couple of days
    Well it took Paragon 16 hours to get Balrog from sub-5% wipe to death, so nothing is certain :P

Well it took Paragon 16 hours to get Balrog from sub-5% wipe to death, so nothing is certain :P
    They would benefit from a world kill as they already have gotten him to 10% so it's not a gear issue but a bug issue which they just fixed.

I'd miss one week of loot for world first H Rag. I mean once they do that they are pretty much done with 4.3. Who cares about loot once you kill the end boss?

Its a race. if the other guilds are going with a fresh ID then i dont see just one doing it. but it is just like in NASCAR where you have to decide if youre going to Pit or keep going and risk it.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    It does no one any good to make GhostCrawler the scapegoat for all design decisions you disapprove of. Not how reality works.
    https://twitter.com/CM_Zarhym/status/275712376840531968

---Actually fuck this entire post I made, armory is hella slow--

Could still be that they killed Baleroc on 10 man to get to Raggy 25 faster, but whatever.
    Last edited by Woobels; 2011-07-13 at 04:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sad that it was another Sinestra again. You wouldn't think Blizzard would forget how fast Hardcores push through hardmodes, especially with almost half the amount of bosses.

Will they ever get it right for the Hardcores? :X

---------- Post added 2011-07-13 at 12:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Treesuss View Post
    I'd miss one week of loot for world first H Rag. I mean once they do that they are pretty much done with 4.3. Who cares about loot once you kill the end boss?
    So true. Maybe enter the instance once or twice and wait 7 months for new things to kill in a week or two.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Looks like Vodka killed HC Baleroc on 10-man this time(Could be wrong)
    Anyways, they are on Raggy now then I suppose.

Edit: Derrrp forgot about Staghelm, we'll see.
    do people just enjoy being retarded.

try actually looking it up.

(User was infracted for this post)
    Last edited by mmoc2e3dee3473; 2011-07-14 at 06:41 PM.

Deleted
    Ten-man? We wouldn't know, but regardless, no one cares about the bug fixes.

nope

there to busy doing things for casuals to care about the hardcores.this is a casual mmo you know
    Last edited by CrunkJuice5; 2011-07-13 at 04:43 AM.

balroc hc is far from bugged/overtuned, you just need people dont screw up crystals for 6 minutes. regarding ragnaros hopefully a kill is coming as soon as the damned servers come up!

10+ Year Old Account

they dont need loot they dont make the mistakes you all make every single wipe... they wipe due to enrages not someone standing in fire.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sizzlinsauce View Post
    they dont need loot they dont make the mistakes you all make every single wipe... they wipe due to enrages not someone standing in fire.
    Before just now, no one even knew he had a berserk timer.

Quote Originally Posted by sizzlinsauce View Post
    note;enrage timers are a gear check.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by palpableimmunity View Post
    They are overplaying the game. The amount of time they spend raiding during progression is on unhealthy levels. How can they ever do something "right" when the players play like that? The game is quite decently tuned for the average wowplayer. My guild, which isn't that bad, will probably never kill Ragnaros Heroic.

It's not the game, it's the players simply.
    Vol'jin fanboy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treesuss View Post
    Well they would still farm the crap out of it for next tier to be ready for that