Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Ragnaros - At my wits end

So I'm the raid leader/GM of a 10 man guild. We are at the point where we 1-2 shot every boss in Firelands except Rag. Rag however...after a collective ~5 hours of attempts we have yet to see Phase 3. I don't know why.

Personally I havn't made a single mistake yet. To me the fight is easy. But over and over someone makes a mistake, and we have to wipe it (we have no BRes at all, sucks but we deal with it). Sometimes we get to the very end of Phase 2 or the 2nd transition, some one makes a mistake, then we have stupid phase 1 wipes for the next 20 minutes. This backwards progress just makes me so angry.

We have wiped to nearly every scenario possible, but it doesn't matter, someone will make a mistake even though me and a few others do it flawlessly every attempt. Are any others 1 shotting 6/7 and having trouble on Rag? My raiders aren't bad...usually. Just something about this fight is really getting us down.

Next time you raid start picking out specific people are threaten to replace them if they continuously fail, give some sort of speech "You guys are better than this, stop failing and lets progress" But if specific people continuously fail, re position, respec, or rePLACE them. It's not acceptable for one to bring down 9.

I stopped reading after, 'I haven't made a single mistake yet' Maybe your elitism is turning of your fellow raiders focus and causing them to make little mistakes?

Quote Originally Posted by Dorfie View Post
    So I'm the raid leader/GM of a 10 man guild. We are at the point where we 1-2 shot every boss in Firelands except Rag. Rag however...after a collective ~5 hours of attempts we have yet to see Phase 3. I don't know why.

Personally I havn't made a single mistake yet. To me the fight is easy. But over and over someone makes a mistake, and we have to wipe it (we have no BRes at all, sucks but we deal with it). Sometimes we get to the very end of Phase 2 or the 2nd transition, some one makes a mistake, then we have stupid phase 1 wipes for the next 20 minutes. This backwards progress just makes me so angry.

We have wiped to nearly every scenario possible, but it doesn't matter, someone will make a mistake even though me and a few others do it flawlessly every attempt. Are any others 1 shotting 6/7 and having trouble on Rag? My raiders aren't bad...usually. Just something about this fight is really getting us down.
    Before, making this kind of progress and perhaps killing a new boss in a week was considered great. Now if you don't roll over everything within 2-3 hours of effort, people are at ``wits end.''

10+ Year Old Account
    My guild seems to have the same problem. Rag is just one of those fights where everyone in the raid group needs to have thier A-game on, it's not a very forgiving boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's the last boss for a reason.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Deleted
    So you're saying your raid does have neither a Warlock nor a Death Knight nor a Druid?
    Get one^^

Deleted
    Yeah many guilds experience this, 25 man too. Like Bossphd it's not very forgiving and everyone needs to know exactly what they're doing and where they're moving to.

Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    2-3 hours of effort, people are at ``wits end.''
    This. I WISH I was only stuck on vanilla rag for a handful of hours.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by zephurwitch View Post
    I stopped reading after, 'I haven't made a single mistake yet' Maybe your elitism is turning of your fellow raiders focus and causing them to make little mistakes?
    Fact is I haven't. And I don't berate my raiders for their mistakes and flash my record in front of them, just like I didn't on the other 6 bosses.

Before, making this kind of progress and perhaps killing a new boss in a week was considered great. Now if you don't roll over everything within 2-3 hours of effort, people are at ``wits end.''
    I'm happy to wipe to an encounter because it is genuinely hard but moving out of a fire isn't hard. Ragnaros on normal mode phase 1 and 2 at least is extremely predictable and you know when and where aoe is coming ahead of time, if Phase 3 had a steep learning curve then I couldn't care less, but at the moment phase 1 and 2 are predictable as fuck and we are taking turns of "who is going to stand in fire this time" when everyone has done it properly 100 times.

Deleted
    I agree, keep at it, practice makes perfect.

indeed my 10m guild is also wiping alot on rag we killed the others pertty easily but 5 nights at 3 hrs each and we still havent gotten past the seeds -_- we're just gonna keep bashing our heads on him tho we are all driven to kill it so we will just takes time

Remember learning Sindragosa? Or General Vezax? Or Yogg?

Yeah, I do. And those are just as unforgiving. Its gonna take a while, this boss is hard. Its not a gimmicky fight like Beth or Lord Rhyo, where once you get the hang of it, its done. These fights test your DPS, your tank survivability and your healers mana, and the whole time? You have to dodge everything. Its tough, the way the game should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    im actually glad that theres a normal boss this tier that isn't a complete pushover.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish I was able to attempt him, I'm overqualified IMO. In the videos, the mechanics don't look hardd, it just comes down to execution. Sadly, I'm only 4/7 though.
    Back in my day, we killed bosses 400 times a day...uphill both ways...in the snow...and we fucking liked it. In related news, I hear that uninstalling WoW completely from your hard drive and then reinstalling it resets your RNG numbers. -septor

Quote Originally Posted by gamma Ray View Post
    Remember learning Sindragosa? Or General Vezax? Or Yogg?

Yeah, I do. And those are just as unforgiving. Its gonna take a while, this boss is hard. Its not a gimmicky fight like Beth or Lord Rhyo, where once you get the hang of it, its done. These fights test your DPS, your tank survivability and your healers mana, and the whole time? You have to dodge everything. Its tough, the way the game should be.
    this. we arent all in top guilds that clear shit in the best the previous tier had and stuff, paragon and them had to grind out heroics to get gear for bot/bwd/throne they didnt go in there in lvl 80 epics and blue/green quest items.

10 man FL is pretty unforgiving in current gear. Without a Brez, you really are expecting all 10 to play flawlessly, so I don't know why you are surprised that you don't have rag down yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    My old raid leader used to whine at us about wiping on Heroic Putricide because he would sit in the abomination. Stop being a jerk and help your raid team.

Deleted
    Even a monkey can do specific tasks if given enough time to practice them. Just be patient with everyone and keep trying. What is realy important is to identify who and what made the mistake and try to improve on that and don't repeat it next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogrux View Post
    My old raid leader used to whine at us about wiping on Heroic Putricide because he would sit in the abomination. Stop being a jerk and help your raid team.
    Cute troll. There's only so much you can help people short of playing the game for them.