Deleted

[Disc] Glyph of Penance or Glyph of PW:B? :>

Hello,

As the title suggests... I'm always running w/ Glyph of PW:B, which I feel should help particularly in Firelands where a lot of AOE is flying around (we're on Raggy now). Then again, I'm a tank healer so Penance might just be better in the long run (although I have 0 problems keep tanks happily alive). Any thoughts? It's a small stupid detail but I'm curious... I use penance a ton, obviously, so if I can use it more... the healing from that probably adds up to way more than 10% under PW:B. Then again, some AOE requirements are fairly intense.................... since I can keep the tanks up np, maybe it's nice to help the raid healers too.

Meh... not an important question. :}

xo

10+ Year Old Account
    What's your other 2 Prime Glyphs? Also are you running 10 or 25 man?

If I'm (solo) Tank healing I like to run with Shield, Penance and Barrier. If I'm assisting on Tank healing or I'm Raid healing I swap out Penance for Prayer of Healing.

If you can keep up the tanks no problem solo without Penance glyph then go for Barrier. Nothing says 'I love you raid/guildies' more than dropping a bloody great forcefield over their heads that promptly mitigates a ton of damage that ALSO increases the healing they take on the much smaller amount of damage that gets through.

I'd bring a stack of dust with you and swap on a fight-by-fight basis? Fights that do pulses of dmg while you're under the barrier are going to have a greater desire for Glyph of PWB imo. None of the extra healing will be overhealing and it makes your cooldown stronger. On a fight like Rag where you're only really taking 1 pulse of dmg while under the barrier and everybody will be easily topped off, I'd swap to Penance because I think it would have a stronger benefit in that circumstance.

Edit: Granted, that's based on how I personally heal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    What's your other 2 Prime Glyphs? Also are you running 10 or 25 man?

If I'm (solo) Tank healing I like to run with Shield, Penance and Barrier. If I'm assisting on Tank healing or I'm Raid healing I swap out Penance for Prayer of Healing.

If you can keep up the tanks no problem solo without Penance glyph then go for Barrier. Nothing says 'I love you raid/guildies' more than dropping a bloody great forcefield over their heads that promptly mitigates a ton of damage that ALSO increases the healing they take on the much smaller amount of damage that gets through.
    My other two glyphs are PW:S and PoH... :} standard I think... re: post below, switching is not a bad idea at all... hmm :}} for instance, PW:B glyph is nice for Majordomo.......... much less useful for Baleroc..... hrm :} thanks for the input guys xo

PW:S, PoH, Penance - every encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by japes View Post
    PW:S, PoH, Penance - every encounter.
    pretty much this POH is mandatory imo due to the lack of raid healing as disc anyways. dont forget that as disc priest you are filling the role as tank healer. penance is mandatory as well and pws is a no brainer imo

If you're going to carry around dust, make sure you try to get a friendly scribe to make some for you or buy off AH--they're 99% of the time cheaper that way .

I highly recommend considering your glyphs on a fight-by-fight basis. They may not make a HUGE difference, but they definitely can have a noticeable effect. It's not like anybody's telling you to go respec every fight . I'd personally choose:
    Shannox--Penance, Bethilac--PWB, Alys--PWB, Baleroc--Penance, Lord Rhy--probably a wash? I don't think we use barrier..., Domo--PWB, Rag--Penance for my personal healing role.

@MasterOfNone: Not all disc priests are filling the role as a tank healer.

referring to 10man only:
    so far, on all normal modes, i havent use glyph of barrier even once and personaly i dont think it would be more useful than any of shield/poh/penance glyphs,
    the amount of general overhealing going on on aoe phases was huge already

might be different on 25man and i will probably reconsider it for heroic modes.

Ah, my choices were based on 25-man only.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    So far the only fights I'd consider Barrier glyph on would be Rhyolith and Beth'ilac. Huge AOE damage, nicely grouped raid - placing Barrier in this case is free Divine Hymn bonus, which can be better than few more Penances. Staghelm was a maybe, but Heroic version mechanics would make it useless.

There's no stacking and huge AoE dmg on Alys? >>

Think I would disagree cellery. I'm not saying they can't raid heal, just stating my opinion for class construtction of raid vs tank healer. If someone wants you to raid heal as disc they would be better off asking for a Druid or asking you to respec holy. Just my .02 of course.

Deleted
    It depends on fight really. Some fights u just need pwb to reduce the dmg and others you need it to reduce the dmg and bring up the raid quickly afterwards.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cellery View Post
    There's no stacking and huge AoE dmg on Alys? >>
    Yes there is, Right after the Tornado's, she fals down on the floor, i think its called Burnout.
    Ppl need to dps her with hero/BL while she's down and stack behind her for the incoming raid damage. That's when you use it

@Pyra: I realize that maybe my sarcasm didn't come across. KaPe pointed out two encounters as the "only ones" with huge AoE dmg & stacking. And neglected probably the most intensive raid dmg in Firelands that I can think of.

Deleted
    I don't understand why people would say the glyph of PW:Barrier ain't worth it on Baleroc.
    10% extra healing during decimate can be super effective for the healers with Vital Spark. PoH glyph is completely useless on this fight anyway.

You get more out of Penance than Barrier because of its 3 minute CD but i would recommend Penance, PoH, and PW:S

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cellery View Post
    @Pyra: I realize that maybe my sarcasm didn't come across. KaPe pointed out two encounters as the "only ones" with huge AoE dmg & stacking. And neglected probably the most intensive raid dmg in Firelands that I can think of.
    I forgot that one, true - mostly because it's just "regular" damage, not "kill it before it kills you" So that's (at least) 3 - come to think of it that's quite a bit for just 7 bosses total.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    I forgot that one, true - mostly because it's just "regular" damage, not "kill it before it kills you" So that's (at least) 3 - come to think of it that's quite a bit for just 7 bosses total.
    For normal 10 man (not heroic ;p)... For AOE damage and the usefulness of Barrier I would say: Beth'tilac, Lord Ryholith, Alysrazor-ish, Majordomo (definitely) and Ragnaros as well. 5 out of 7! ;O For Ragnaros for example, having barrier ready for Phase 2 Molten Seeds + adds has been very very very useful. :}

That being said, I will switch to Penance for Shannox and Baleroc... :>

xo

Hell yes to Glyph of Penance on Baleroc >>. Omnomnom.

I guess I view the Alys aoe a little more warily. But I've also seen what happens when people derp cooldowns... and when the tank kindly forgets to turn Miss FIAHBREATHODOOM!! away from the raid during ground phase. Maybe that's why it makes me freak a tiny bit I respect the firebird dammit.