Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Rapture makes pw:s -> poh more sustainable then just poh "spam".
    Last edited by openair; 2011-07-13 at 11:24 PM.

Deleted
    Only if you're using one shield to proc rapture every 12 seconds (which you should).
    That's 5 PoH casts for every one shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlybonne View Post

Im thinking keeping prayer of healing on one group would stack aegis more then switching
    To make most of glyph which last time i looked does not stack you want to alternate groups so at least 1 tick of the glyph goes off and DA lasts for 15 so it will either be used or you will re apply in 10man. POH defiantly seems the way to aoe heal in beth with a few shields here and there

Quote Originally Posted by Avlli View Post
    10 or 25 man ?
    Disc priest is a support for other healers, because of the shields.
    Simply spec holy if u want aoe heal something.
    And if u are raiding 10man don't spec disc unless u are awsome (in my 10man guild disc priest in raid = wipes).
    Are you serious ? You obviously dont have much experience with disc healers in your raid. I outheal most other healer classes/specs unless they are alot above me in itemlvl; many other discs do that too.

Back on topic: Keep PoM on CD, try to keep AA up, only use PWS to trigger rapture -> spam PoH alternating on your groups. Borrow time is buggy. If you cast PoH ASAP after you cast PWS, borrow time will not be up since it takes more than a GCD to activate. This results in normal cast speed of PoH AND the borrow time-buff (which pops up during your PoH cast) will be consumed upon completion of your PoH cast, thus having no effect.

greets
    Last edited by Kaffeefilter; 2011-07-14 at 09:47 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Question; Is PW:S -> (BT) ProH always the quickest way to get it off? Or is it just the most healing/absorbed within that time frame. I see "shield for borrowed time to do quick proh", but is the 15% haste increase enough to shave off that 1.xs GCD that was used on casting Power Word: Shield? It makes sense to put a shield on someone with rather low health and follow it up with the ProH during periods of AoE, but if everyone is pretty even, is that the best course of action?

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    Question; Is PW:S -> (BT) ProH always the quickest way to get it off? Or is it just the most healing/absorbed within that time frame. I see "shield for borrowed time to do quick proh", but is the 15% haste increase enough to shave off that 1.xs GCD that was used on casting Power Word: Shield? It makes sense to put a shield on someone with rather low health and follow it up with the ProH during periods of AoE, but if everyone is pretty even, is that the best course of action?
    I'm not a number cruncher, but i severely doubt it. I'd imagine Shield be worth it if the person was going to die, and once every 12 seconds for Rapture, but in any other case Spam healing with PoH just seems like it'd be much better healing per cast time, even with the haste buff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Several people, Like Mazi and Peppercat know what they're talking about.

I have played both ways: Shield Spamming (with PoH here and there) & PoH (with Shields as needed)
    PoH (with Shields as needed) gave me the same (if not higher hps in the end) with absolutely zero mana issues whereas shield spamming will start you off very high HPS but leave you stranded in the end with no mana cds.

Quote Originally Posted by Annya View Post
    inb4 getting flamed for suggesting this, for a heavy AoE healing fight you should be going holy.
    /facepalm

Aside from the many reasons to have a disc in the raid, you're gonna want a barrier (if not need) when you do these fights on heroic.
    Last edited by Mikayo; 2011-07-14 at 03:31 PM.

Hey thanks! The days of "go holy for aoe healing" are gone. Disc is a highly respectable raid healing spec and even desired more due to Barrier. Holy is just "another Resto Shaman/Druid" at this point without any raid cooldowns.
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    Just to add to the question, as I did not mention it, this assumes that PW:S is being cast every 12s for Rapture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    Hey thanks! The days of "go holy for aoe healing" are gone. Disc is a highly respectable raid healing spec and even desired more due to Barrier. Holy is just "another Resto Shaman/Druid" at this point without any raid cooldowns.
    Totally agree!

As much as I love Holy and swear by it left and right, Disc raid healing has grown on me. The whole not spamming PW:S anymore makes it bearable and it's nice to have a raid cooldown and feel useful and provide far more tank healing support. Just my 2c.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaffeefilter View Post
    Are you serious ? You obviously dont have much experience with disc healers in your raid. I outheal most other healer classes/specs unless they are alot above me in itemlvl; many other discs do that too.
    Then you obviously have no good Druid Healer in your Raid Oo
    Last edited by mmoc071dc183c0; 2011-07-14 at 04:23 PM.

This ^

Whether or not Holy will be viable or useful is completely dependent on your comp and play style. Personally, I think disc to be a lot more versatile and the ability to barrier is just...so ridiculously good. Both are very good in the right hands and both have their roles in raid and both have their strengths in all roles; but disc absolutely can pump out huge AoE throughput, especially with fights that have back to back pulses of damage. Remember Disc PoH procs DA and DA+PW:S+PoM is where our AoE throughput comes from NOT PoH itself. PoH itself + the glyph are just bonuses to our AoE throughput when used correctly etc etc.

People really need to stop saying 'Go Holy'. In a 10 man specifically, Holy is extremely lackluster. ESPECIALLY if you're running with a good druid.
    DO NOT ASK 4 NINNERVATE!>?

Quote Originally Posted by Annya View Post
    inb4 getting flamed for suggesting this, for a heavy AoE healing fight you should be going holy.
    Not to flame but I was Holy all for the beginning of this expansion then I went Disc/Holy just to try out both specs, took me a bit to get use to the Disc spec but now I love it... got rid of my Holy spec altogether so now I'm Disc/Shadow.

Last night on Beth I was close to our Pally healer maybe even a little above on amount healed. On Lord Ry.. ry... LR.. I was dead last but that's because I was with our Melee group on the legs chasing their dumbasses around...

The PW:S every 12sec for rapture proc is not only a free heal, slight mana gain, BT proccer, the shield itself is also good HPS (i guess quite near but not as good as PoHs HPS)
    so its defenetly worth it, even HPS wise, I assume..

Quote Originally Posted by TheTrueM4gg0t View Post
    The PW:S every 12sec for rapture proc is not only a free heal, slight mana gain, BT proccer, the shield itself is also good HPS (i guess quite near but not as good as PoHs HPS)
    so its defenetly worth it, even HPS wise, I assume..
    it absolutely is.

The PW:S>PoM>PoH method being higher HPS throughput than just PoH spam is not only because of BT but the fact that you're supporting PoH usage via rapture, gaining HPS (If PW:S is put out INTELLIGENTLY) and overall just maximizing throughput. You should neither be using PW:S or PoH exclusively. They work together to form the disc toolkit, once you understand the rhythm of raid healing as disc it's actually very easy and VERY effective. The only thing I dislike this tier about raid healing and Disc is the reforging. You don't have to reforge between encounters on normal, but I feel on heroics to maximize throughput and gains you should understand why certain stats pull ahead on certain encounters.

Quote Originally Posted by Peppercat View Post
    it absolutely is.

The PW:S>PoM>PoH method being higher HPS throughput than just PoH spam is not only because of BT but the fact that you're supporting PoH usage via rapture, gaining HPS (If PW:S is put out INTELLIGENTLY) and overall just maximizing throughput. You should neither be using PW:S or PoH exclusively. They work together to form the disc toolkit, once you understand the rhythm of raid healing as disc it's actually very easy and VERY effective. The only thing I dislike this tier about raid healing and Disc is the reforging. You don't have to reforge between encounters on normal, but I feel on heroics to maximize throughput and gains you should understand why certain stats pull ahead on certain encounters.
    An HPS increase isn't always the best method to keep the entire raid stabilized. You don't have time to PWS before every PoH on Heroic Beth P2 because your PoH groups will just fall behind, trust me.

An HPS increase isn't always the best method to keep the entire raid stabilized. You don't have time to PWS before every PoH on Heroic Beth P2 because your PoH groups will just fall behind, trust me.
    I didn't say it was.