Question about Pet Stances and Guardians "wondering if they left the stove on" delay

couple of question about the guardians and the new pet stance...

it seems as though my pet (since 4.2) has delayed his attacking until i do damage on a target (currently on defensive)... so when i open with COE he does nothing, and if i didn't macro pet attack to corruption he'd probably sit on his hands until the first dot ticked or i casted immolate... is defensive not the correct stance i should use anymore?... or should i just macro in pet attack to all my casts?...

also, there used to be a lag when i called my doomguard, where he would sit around for 30 seconds or so, pondering the situation i guess, before he would attack... somewhere along the line it was fixed (i almost switched exclusively to the inferno regardless of number of mobs because it annoyed me so much), but now it seems he's back at it again... anybody else having a delayed start to doomguard dpsing?...

Use Assist if you want your pet to attack when you attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Peepo View Post
    couple of question about the guardians and the new pet stance...

it seems as though my pet (since 4.2) has delayed his attacking until i do damage on a target (currently on defensive)... so when i open with COE he does nothing, and if i didn't macro pet attack to corruption he'd probably sit on his hands until the first dot ticked or i casted immolate... is defensive not the correct stance i should use anymore?... or should i just macro in pet attack to all my casts?...

also, there used to be a lag when i called my doomguard, where he would sit around for 30 seconds or so, pondering the situation i guess, before he would attack... somewhere along the line it was fixed (i almost switched exclusively to the inferno regardless of number of mobs because it annoyed me so much), but now it seems he's back at it again... anybody else having a delayed start to doomguard dpsing?...
    "The Doomguard will assist you by attacking the target which is afflicted by your Bane of Doom or Bane of Agony spell."

Pet stance shouldn't have any effect on the Doomguard. Make sure your bane is up.

"Pet Defensive stance will no longer cause the pet to assist the player while a vanity pet is active."

When set to defensive, your pet shouldn't attack unless something attacks you. You need to set him to assist.

Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    assist keeps the pet on whatever i attack?... what about cc?...

Quote Originally Posted by Peepo View Post
    assist keeps the pet on whatever i attack?... what about cc?...
    Assist will attack your CC'd target. You need to keep him on defensive with a petattack macro if you're CCing.

today my pet was on defensive stance
    he didnt attack at all
    i was even draining mob.. funny

Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    this terrifies me... i keep thinking back to those hunters where their pet with randomly launch out at a target and pull mobs... i don't want to be a huntard... looks like i'm going to be macroing all spells...

Don't need to Macro all your spells. Just make sure your Pet Attack command is bound (Default - Ctrl + 1) and you use that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahrastafari View Post
    Assist will attack your CC'd target. You need to keep him on defensive with a petattack macro if you're CCing.
    If your pet is on assist and it's attacking your CC target, that's either A) a bug you need to report, B) you're attacking your own CC target without realizing it, or C) you've actively commanded your pet to attack the CC target. Pets should not be breaking CC on their own (i.e., without a direct command from the player to attack a CC target) regardless of the management setting you've chosen.

If your pet is on defensive, it will only attack a target that is actively doing damage to you or your pet. Passive damage auras and environmental damage will not cause a pet on defensive to attack. If you kill a melee-only mob or player before it can do damage to you, your pet will not attack it.

If your pet is on passive, it will do absolutely nothing unless you actively command it to attack using /petattack or the pet action bar.