Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Somebody said it before, but it creates the most powerful atmosphere in pretty much any game ever and is a master of diabolical mental manipulation. The big 'reveal' is probably the most memorable dialog in any game released thus far. The gameplay, which was pretty creative, didn't need to be revolutionary in the face of that, just executed well, which is exactly what it was. I'm not a big fan of FPS in general, but this game is beyond an FPS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lockjawesome View Post
    everyone was like..
    HOLY FUCK THIS GAMES AWESOME

I played it and got bored of it before reaching the half way point >.<
    i did however love the retro oldtimes style it had going with the advertisements, furniture etc. the general surroundings. ingenius
    This.

I also got bored. It lacked RPG elements for my taste, and I didn't catch the story (Please don't spoil that plottwist everybody's talking about, I may revisit it later on).

But I gotta admit the environment was superb, although it reminded me a bit of Fallout, with that retro aesthetics.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked the look. Retro-steampunkish coolness. Also had some good creepy spots. And good story development
    Survival is Key

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    A fresh idea that played well and was interesting.

The story was good the environment and atmosphere the game created was amazing the gameplay was a little lacking but it more than made up for that in other parts. It had some nice plot twists and was 'scary' in parts.

2 was really good
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    The atmosphere being the main reason why so many ppl liked it, also the setting and sense of adventure. It may be another fps but i think it does enough to make it stand out from many others.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Bioshock is a little over rated. It's a good game no doubt, but I wouldn't say it was one of the best I've ever played. The second one was alright, but I just didn't think the story was as strong and it took awhile to actually pick up. Although, I can't say I'm not hella excited like everyone else is for Bioshock Infinite... I'm so pumped for that game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bioshock is probably my favorite FPS of this generation of games. The reason why for the first Bioshock was just because of the environment you were in, an underwater city named Rapture in the 40's-50's and the enemies you fought were awesome in a creepy way spooky way. Also the amount of exploration and how you could just branch off and look for power-ups or money etc. The powers were cool and the gun upgrades were awesome, was like steam punk looking. Also for the fact its not just run and gun but more like a survival/horror game. The second one, Bioshock 2, was also cool. I would say a tad better than the first only because of the new weapons and powers and upgraded graphics and mechanics and all that. I really liked the story in both of them, really interesting.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought this said Bashiok -.-

Why bother?
    I liked Bioshock, you don't like Bioshock.
    Neither of us is wrong and neither is right, you can just go on disliking Bioshock because if you dislike the game then I am unlikely to persuade you otherwise and the fact that you have a different opinion to me is not something that needs to be rectified.