Demo and Mastery Procs

Hello, I am curious as to how mastery procs such as Theralions Mirror or the Moonwell Chalice affect demonology. I assume the pet scaling is dynamic, but I'm curious to know how it works with metamorphosis and our guardians. If I pop meta while the proc is up, do I get the procced damage bonus for the full duration of meta or just for the duration of the buff? Same with infernal/doomguard.

Thanks in advance, and sorry if this has already been discussed but I couldn't find the specifics of the mechanics in any of the guides I checked, just that mastery procs are very good for demo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Infernal \ doomguard \ metamophosis all snapshot mastery, so they keep it even if the buff falls.

Running in to this issue too now, as I just acquired the Necromantic Focus. At the start of the fight, the general idea is to pop meta right as your other CD's are going, but doing that instantly would negate the 420 mastery it gives.

420 mastery is about 5% extra damage in demon form.
    Member of the 4.3 Firelord club.
    The very mention of demon warlock as a tanking spec makes me vomit profusely, so please abstain from it.

WBC needs damagers, ELE/ARMS/FIRE needed most. Wendigobrewing.com to apply! 2/8 heroic 25m. 3 days, 4 hours a day.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shapow View Post
    Running in to this issue too now, as I just acquired the Necromantic Focus. At the start of the fight, the general idea is to pop meta right as your other CD's are going, but doing that instantly would negate the 420 mastery it gives.

Could you explain in more detail what you mean?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shapow View Post

iirc necromantic focus is kinda bad for all our specs. Demo which is the only spec that likes mastery a bit doesn't like procs.

Quote Originally Posted by kosuko View Post
    iirc necromantic focus is kinda bad for all our specs. Demo which is the only spec that likes mastery a bit doesn't like procs.
    Necromantic focus isn't a random proc, it's a fast-stacking buff, triggered from DoT ticks. If done right you'll have a static 420 mastery after ~10 seconds that lasts the duration of any encounter.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    If I remember the build right heroic necromatic focus is third bis so I would get all your cds and thr trinkets up then POP meta

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahrastafari View Post
    Necromantic focus isn't a random proc, it's a fast-stacking buff, triggered from DoT ticks. If done right you'll have a static 420 mastery after ~10 seconds that lasts the duration of any encounter.
    THAT is actually very true...

still dont like not having it the first meta

Quote Originally Posted by kosuko View Post
    THAT is actually very true...

still dont like not having it the first meta
    Delay your first meta, there isn't a single fight currently where you HAVE to pop meta on pull, you can afford to wait a few seconds for other procs as well.
    Kiyu - TG
    http://gimpedguild.org

h
    ttp://www.justin.tv/kiyuulive - Warlock PoV

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly what aduza said when I'm playing demo I delay my first mastery until mirror procs the 2100 mastery far out ways the 2k sp over the entire meta duration as you do so much more damage