Poll: Agree or disagree with the OP?

Page 1 of 21
... LastLast

I am so tired of ZA/ZG over and over and over and over again.

This has got to be one of the biggest design flaws I have EVER seen from Blizzard. I'm sorry but whoever thought in their right minds that it was a good idea to do this?

You get 70 VP if you queue for a Cata heroic. You get 140 VP if you queue for ZA/ZG. I have 3 85s that I try to keep gear up with, my main and 2 alts, and I'm sure there are many people in the same case as me. I raid on my main and get VP capped from raids, + 1/2 5mans. Then, if I want to get VP capped on my alts, I have to run ZA/ZG 14 times in a week. And we'll have to do this for several months to come, until the next patch arrives, and who knows if that'll change anything.

Why in the hell did they design several Cata dungeons just so that they can make their own dungeons obsolete to anyone who cares about time efficiency? Sure, you can queue for the other dungeons, but they only give 70 VP each, and they might take the same amount of time that a ZA/ZG would've taken you, it depends on the group. So basically, we are spent farming THE SAME TWO INSTANCES OVER AND OVER AGAIN FOR SEVERAL WEEKS. Is Blizz TRYING to get us burnt out!?! At least give variety, what the hell.

Does anyone not see the problem in this? If we want to be time efficient, which is what smart/efficient individuals want, then we queue for ZA/ZG for the 140VP instead of a regular Cata heroic because it's only half as much as a ZA/ZG. Blizzard needs to equalize the VP that ZA/ZG dungeons give and that Cata heroics give, and put them in the same random queue. This would fix the problem and make it less of a burn.

And for you people who will say "ZA/ZG give more VP because they award better loot", don't give me that, use your brains and remember WoTLK. ToC and ICC 5mans gave better loot than ilvl 200 dungeons, but they were all in the same Frost Badge random queue. Just because a dungeon gives better gear doesn't mean that it SHOULD give more VP, because that singles out that dungeon to be the most efficient one and makes us repeat it over and over.

TL;DR
    Farming ZA/ZG over and over again for VP cap is stupid and leads to burn out. Equalize the VP that ZA/ZG and normal cata heroics give so that they are all in the same queue and so that there is more variety and not just trolls again and again.

Putting a poll up if you agree or not.

Yup. I have 0 desire whatsoever to run heroics this patch. But sshhh, don't tell my raid leader I'm not getting VP capped every week!

Deleted
    Dont like it dont do it...Simples

You can gear up and get ready for raiding content via the original heroic line up.

Oh hey the flip side lets REDUCE the VP award from Troll heroics to be more inline with the others??

Deleted
    I don't like to do it either. That's why I am not doing it.

Deleted
    I agree, once I got the stuff my main needed, I dont touch them, I sit on justice gear on my alts, which since 4.2 ain't bad.

Though just 2 6mans was a piss piss poor patch. Especially since they both had the same theme, and ZG has bosses where your pretty much guaranteed a few wipes in pugs, I spent a whole evening in ZG not so long ago, its horrible to pugs, and the boss feature in the new dungeon journal is a wall of text for many of them.

Yes, I was wondering why there wasn't a thread about this already. It's so annyoing, if they don't change it we'll have to do these TWO boring dungeons for months now when I'm already sick of them right now.
    I really want to do do the old heroics again

I think they should increase the amount of VP gained from the old heroics, but not quite to the level of ZA/ZG because they are one hell of a lot easier.

The best scenario here would be for Blizzard to simply add new heroics that are on par with ZA and ZG - there was a thread the otherday on here that had some serious speculation about possible Karazhan 5 mans (split into 2-3 new heroics). If they improved the bosses in Kara like they did in ZG, maybe reduced a lot of the trash and the amount of leg work involved, then it could be quite successful.

I'm also still waiting for the Ruins of AQ (AQ20 - > AQ5) heroic that many speculated would be upon us in Cata too.

Moderator and contributor for The Consortium, a legitimate gold making discussion community that is also the home base for the TradeSkillMaster addon, and The Undermine Journal and WoWuction Web Applications.

15+ Year Old Account
    First of all, you CHOOSE to play 3 characters at lvl 85 and keep team all VP capped every week. don't come crying here about having to run the same dungeon that often... than dont play 3 characters.

Also, if you really want to clear a different dungeon just run the old heroics.. eventhough not twice as fast, they are cleared a lot faster than ZA/ZG. IF you really dislike doing ZA/ZG that much that little time different shouldn't matter that much.

all in all: stop whining already -_-'

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatrixx View Post

You can gear up and get ready for raiding content via the original heroic line up.

Oh hey the flip side lets REDUCE the VP award from Troll heroics to be more inline with the others??
    You think you're being cool playing the devil's advocate.

I don't give a shit how many heroics I have to do to get capped. But if one route is more time efficient than the other, I will take the more time efficient route just because that's the way I am. Reduce the VP that troll heroics give, make it 70, I did say "equalize" so that works. As long as we don't have to farm the same two again and again.

And I am so sick of people who just give the "don't like it don't do it" approach. Ever heard of customer feedback? Do you know the 7 heroics per week instead of 1 heroic per day was because of someone complaining about it?

Deleted
    Solution: Either decrease or increase the valor point we get (140 for cataclysm heroics / 70 for zandalarian heroics) and let all of them be a part of the random dungeon finder.

I do agree the current tier of HCs could do with having 2-3 more. Maybe up the ante in the 2-3 hardest normal heroics and put them with that tier. That would be good. Not sure which ones to pick however.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Weightless View Post
    You think you're being cool playing the devil's advocate.

I don't give a shit how many heroics I have to do to get capped. But if one route is more time efficient than the other, I will take the more time efficient route just because that's the way I am. Reduce the VP that troll heroics give, make it 70, I did say "equalize" so that works. As long as we don't have to farm the same two again and again.

And I am so sick of people who just give the "don't like it don't do it" approach. Ever heard of customer feedback? Do you know the 7 heroics per week instead of 1 heroic per day was because of someone complaining about it?
    Dude any semblance of respect or chance i have of even discussing or generating a comeback has now just evaporated to be honest , I cant stand people who start a discussion about something then get all fussy when someone disagrees. Im being cool because i dont agree with you?? fine whatever dude gl.

Yeah that dickish reply would have been cool in 1988, its 2011. Customer feedback is everything. If you hadn't noticed that already stay in your little shell and be a lonely little subscriber or open your eyes.

Dude any semblance of respect or chance i have of even discussing or generating a comeback has now just evaporated to be honest , I cant stand people who start a discussion about something then get all fussy when someone disagrees. Im being cool because i dont agree with you?? fine whatever dude gl.
    You're not trying to start a discussion, there is no discussion in "don't like it don't do it."

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is quite horrible

And I have a billion alts

Ack

Deleted
    I`dve thought that Blizzard would mixed ZA/ZG into the whole Cata heroic line up by now :-\

Quote Originally Posted by Weightless View Post
    Customer feedback on a fansite, sure that will work.

I do agree with that all heroics should give equal vp, 70 each max 7 a week. Need more vp? Go raid. Dont want to raid on the char ? Well then you dont really need the vp gear either now do you

How will he ever go on without someone who was being a dick losing respect for him and their desire to respond further to the thread.

"Don't like it, don't do it" isn't adding to a discussion, it's being a smarmy dick.

should pvp. not even trolling here. sure there are tactics to beat every class, but not every player plays the same. and when you die, 30 seconds later you're back in the game.

try run 10 bg's a day on one of your toons, just to break up the monotony. ignore people who cry about imbalances, those imbalances are there to shake up tactics every patch or so. if you're that unsure, find the healer who looks like he/she might have some experience and stick to them like glue. they appreciate the help and you're more likely to see some results
    somebody call for d doctor?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xStevooo View Post
    Yeah that dickish reply would have been cool in 1988, its 2011. Customer feedback is everything. If you hadn't noticed that already stay in your little shell and be a lonely little subscriber or open your eyes.
    I agree customer feedback helps to steer the ship in most cases but is this the place to do it?

Rather than whinge whinge why not go on offical forums , create a post..

"Hi guys,

I think it would be better for the Troll heroics to award the same amount of VP as the others, Not only would it reduce burn out for myself and my alts not having to run the same place xx times a week but it would also allow more experienced and better equipped players the chance to help out some folks struggling over in "normal" heroic's.

Something like that in the OFFICAL forums would be better recieved and noticed not "f£5k this i cba to do this anymore im tired of this gief me this now who agrees with me wahwah blizz sux etc etc".

Im sorry if it sounds dickish but I dont agree someone writing what is essentially a whine thread on these forums is customer feedback for me it just comes across as QQ...