Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Oh the irony.
    So you say that Blizzard *did* promise player housing?
    By all means, show me a post to back this up. Go ahead, proof me wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone has pretty much mentioned everything, I am personally still upset about not continuing the Naga storyline. >.>

I guess I can expand on fishing, they were going to completely overhaul the entire profession and make it more interactive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Insaniak View Post
    Blizzard pulled the whole amazing develpment team that has been on WoW since Vanilla and BC and is making them start developing their new MMO?RPG? "Titan" (or so i've heard thats what its called) supposedly to be released around 2015 (if the world doesnt end before that) and they have been developing this supposed MMO since beginning of WotLK came out, so thats why Naxx and everything since has been super buggy and pretty much felt like shit. Blizzard doesn't really care about WoW anymore, they pretty much HAVE TO finish the storyline though because all of us would rage the fuck out of them if they didnt at least do that, no matter how shitty its going to be (believe me, its gonna suck dick)

Source: A Friend.
    I have a hard time believing this was not sarcasm, but for the off-chance that you are serious:
    Please, not this again...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    They did. In beta. It was in the works but they cancelled in lieu of wanting to release the game earlier.
    They said they would get around to patching it in at a later date, then silence on the matter for a very extended period of time, then suddenly started answering
    any interogation on the matter with, "yeah nevermind player housing."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    They did. In beta. It was in the works but they cancelled in lieu of wanting to release the game earlier.
    They said they would get around to patching it in at a later date, then silence on the matter for a very extended period of time, then suddenly started answering
    any interogation on the matter with, "yeah nevermind player housing."
    Since others are too lazy to do research, I decided to search myself: http://www.wowwiki.com/Player_housing
    I found one or two statements from alledged Blizzard employees, though I have never heard of these people. Either way, back in 2004 they indeed spoke of player housing and one of them specifically said that it will be introduced, even somewhere after the release.

That said, a lot of more recent posts excplicitly state that it will not be happening.
    So there you have it: Players could already scrap this off the list; Blizzard has repeatedly stated now that it will not happen.
    Last edited by mmocf5e5a6d2c7; 2011-07-14 at 07:59 AM. Reason: Sentence reconstruction

Deleted
    WTF happened to Cataclysm?!? Blizz said Cata will be hard and challenging not getting nerfed every patch! WoTLK is over!

Deleted
    Where's my damn:
    • Gundrak raid
    • Abyssal Maw raid
    • Emerald Dream
    • N'Zoth
    • Dance Studio
    • Cross-Realm Heirlooms
    • Account-wide Achievements
    • Path of the bloody Titans
    • Flying siege machines (ala Wintergrasp)
    • Azshara Crater
    • New Backpack
    • Warrior Cata mechanics
    • Mage PvP nerfs
    • and overall BLOODY PVP BALANCE?
    • Also Ghostcrawler's moose. And Deathwing's pony.

I'm guessing they misplaced them in a closet somewhere...

P.S. I can go on all day with things like hard Cata raids and return to TBC, but I guess they are debatable subjects so I just listed things that were blatantly mentioned in "stuff we will put in / you should look forward to" and just weren't delivered.
    Last edited by mmoc0d05e16c33; 2011-07-14 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Radoria View Post
    Yeah I was wondering about the dance studio thing too. I think they realized it was a horrible idea that u had to fly to a certain area to dance. It's only gonna be kinda cool if you can do it wherever, on the spot. No one's going to fly to a certain location just to dance with a few pals, it'd be something to do when yer bored, or between fights while raiding or something. But yeah I heard about this feature years ago and I'm wondering whatever happened to it
    that was an april fools joke, same year they said there was gonna be "tauren" marines in SC2
    "How easily the mind can be turned to hate from a place of fear - an instinctive, natural, protective response. Instead of focusing on the things that unite us, we focus on what divides us." - Thrall

Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    that was an april fools joke, same year they said there was gonna be "tauren" marines in SC2
    No that was dance battles, not a dance studio. The dance studio is on the old Wrath box, same as the flying siege combat. The dance battles were just a silly "PvP" April fools.

Deleted
    refreshed character textures ?

If they make female warlock pets theyll probably have to make a male succubus because its blizz... I dont wanna see a male succubus (although female pets would improve the game ^^)

Deleted
    Gundrak raid (Never promised)
    Abyssal Maw raid (Commented: Firelands was favored instead)
    Emerald Dream (Never promised)
    N'Zoth (Never promised)
    Dance Studio (Commented: Might be implemented later, scrapped for now)
    Cross-Realm Heirlooms (Commented: Work in progress)
    Account-wide Achievements (Never promised)
    Path of the bloody Titans (Commented: Might be implemented later in a different form, scrapped for now)
    Flying siege machines (Commented: Implementing would cause balancing- and performance issues))
    Azshara Crater (Sorry, do not know this one)
    New Backpack (Commented: Work in progress)

---------- Post added 2011-07-14 at 08:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    Wrong. Dance Studio was a officially announced feature.

However, after searching about that aquarium: THAT was an april fools' joke...
    By the looks of it, one from a fansite, not Blizzard

I have a hard time believing this was not sarcasm, but for the off-chance that you are serious:
    Please, not this again...
    Sams clarified that Blizzard had no intentions of leaving WoW behind, only that the studio was secure enough in its sustainability to start transferring some of the mega-popular MMO's top talent over to Titan.
    "We've spent a lot of time over the last number of years transitioning those people off [of World of Warcraft], and having great people below them that were trained up by them to run World of Warcraft. Those people have been doing it for the last couple of years without the assistance of those people that created it,"

Cant post link till i post more... TIME TO SPAM!!!!

EDIT: Google " Blizzard Titan " and its the 5th link down.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryru View Post
    WTF happened to Cataclysm?!? Blizz said Cata will be hard and challenging
    And yet, all you have to show for yourself is clearing ONE entry-level raid and winning a handfull of matches in Arena games.
    PvE and PvP both too hard for you, I guess?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ihyln View Post
    Kinda like Silithus and "SANDLOL" world PVP? Nah they have tons of integrity..
    Ehh, my server had *some* world pvp there when AQ 40 was relevant. Not a lot, but there were fights every day.

I'm pretty pleased overall - I would love to have a progress report on the Dance Studio, but I think a lot o the complaints here are either things they all ready said are just off the table (Guild Housing - why in the world would you want to have a little house no one but who you invite could see?), or are just delayed (Abysal Maw dungeon/raid).

Remember peeps - we got a solid year and a half left of this expansion minimum - plenty of time for another two tiers of raid, more dungeons, and other improvements.

I also am frankly tired of the whining about Activision. They have zero editorial control over Blizzard. No one has ever shown any evidence to the contrary.
    Wolfie Pandaren Shaman - Pet Collection - Mount Collection
    Pinfire Dwarf Hunter - SaintJoan Draenei Paladin - Sadiefalk Human Rogue - Hamartanein Dwarf Warlock
    Lotusdream Pandaren Monk - Aponyia Tauren Shaman

wtf is this dance studio thing? noticed its mentioned a lot in the forum, but never got what it actually is
    Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.

ITT: entitled people that can't seperate ideas from promises.

10+ Year Old Account
    the instances in sw behind bars were originally intended for guild housing

---------- Post added 2011-07-14 at 01:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nebthet View Post
    wtf is this dance studio thing? noticed its mentioned a lot in the forum, but never got what it actually is
    like the barber shop but for dances
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebthet View Post
    Exactly what it sounds like: A studio ("mini-game, like the barber shop) where you could perform and construct new dances.
    They would be saved as your "new dance" when performing the /dance emote.