Deleted

Name plates addon

hey m8s , can u tell me good addon for nameplates so i can see when some1 is casting ? ( need that for PvP) so i can interrupt the healar (im holy pala)

Tidyplates seems to work for me.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    If you don't care what they look like, just turn on the default Blizzard nameplates, and also turn on the default nameplate castbars - nameplate castbars are in the "Combat" section of the Interface Config, and nameplates are in the "Names" section at the bottom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taryble View Post
    just turn on the default Blizzard nameplates, and also turn on the default nameplate castbars
    Isn't that only for your current target though? I think what is meant here is to quickly spot which of your enemies are casting, and then interrupt it

Quote Originally Posted by Tiolith View Post
    Isn't that only for your current target though? I think what is meant here is to quickly spot which of your enemies are casting, and then interrupt it
    It's for everyone within 40 yards.

Tidy plates
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedail View Post
    I think I'm close to understanding this thread. . ./places tinfoil hat squarely on head. . .Ah, yes. I see now. . . /tinfoil hat off, approaching reality once more

While we're on the subject on Name plates, is anyone else having problems with Name plates sometimes not appearing? Especially if the mob spawns during combat. I use Tidyplates, but a lot of my guildies are not reporting the same issue despite them using Tidyplates.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Castnicke, it may be a bug on Blizzard's end. I haven't noticed it, but I haven't raided much since ToC was new. :>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Castnicke View Post
    anyone else having problems with Name plates sometimes not appearing? Especially if the mob spawns during combat.
    Way too often, by default you'd have to hit V twice. Removing and enabling nameplates, then they are all visible again. I do believe there are a whole buch of addons designed to fix it though.
    Try to search for 'plate' on Curse Addons.

Tidy Plates is a good solution. Default blizzard name plates is ugly. Try it and never turn back.

Tidyplates are pretty good for PvP, there is an option to emphasize casting units.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiolith View Post
    Way too often, by default you'd have to hit V twice. Removing and enabling nameplates, then they are all visible again. I do believe there are a whole buch of addons designed to fix it though.
    Try to search for 'plate' on Curse Addons.
    I did just that on Curse but was unable to find anything related to my issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tidyplates ftw. They're just so... tidy!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Castnicke View Post
    I did just that on Curse but was unable to find anything related to my issue.
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ameplates.aspx
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...eplatefix.aspx
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...eplatefix.aspx
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...plate-fix.aspx

these addons all promise to fix "the nameplate bug"
    not sure if it will help you though