Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The OP was asking about 10 man so what is true in 25's is completely irrelevant. He didn't say heroic 10 man so I was thinking he meant they are working on normal modes right now, and that the sphere I responded to. Sure druids got nerfed on their tank healing, but they are still extremely strong at it. Holy Priests have a lot of tools and really shine at raid healing. That's the point I was trying to make.

Deleted
    For your holy spec:
    Change Glyph of Guardian Spirit to Glyph of Lightwell. If your guild is not using Lightwell shout on vent...
    You got too much haste. You probably always have 5% haste buff in the raid.
    7.5% + 5% = 12.5% which is cap for additional tick of your Renew and Hymn of Hope.
    You got glyph of Renew but your talents doesn't include Rapid Renewal.
    Try to reforge haste for Mastery or Spirit to 2800. I see you got 4p T11 but still...
    You are gemming bad as well.
    Blue sockets: Purified Demonseye (20int 20spirit)
    Yellow sockets: Artful Ember Topaz (20int 20mastery) / Reckless Ember Topaz (20int 20haste) - not for you...
    Red sockets / Prismatic: Brilliant Inferno Ruby
    Healing with this setup is really better.

Holy.

There's no real point gibbing a Resto Druid, by adding a Disc Priest, might as well double the HoTs up. Renews and Rejuvs for all!!!

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Holy.

There's no real point gibbing a Resto Druid, by adding a Disc Priest, might as well double the HoTs up. Renews and Rejuvs for all!!!
    If you're renew spamming as a holy priest you're doing it wrong. Also, if you think Disc priests just Bubble spam, you're double doin' it wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    The first priest in any given 10man group should virtually always be disc imo.
    Regarding secondary stats it depends on what and how you're healing, any stat can be on top.

Quote Originally Posted by hikamiro View Post
    If you're renew spamming as a holy priest you're doing it wrong. Also, if you think Disc priests just Bubble spam, you're double doin' it wrong.
    Did I say anything about spamming. No I didn't.

Go Disc. PW:S is unmatched for saving people with low HP and as stated previously by some, there is really not enough AOE damage going on at this tier to require a holy spec. When we do see high AOE damage output we have PI, AA and BT/POH to deal with it.

My gear is a little lower(362) so i prefer crit>haste>mastery as more of a mana saving device.

Deleted
    Disc > Holy in 10m for sure.

Deleted
    For normal modes both discpline and holy works just fine. When moving into 10man heroic modes disciplines survival cooldowns becomes extremely powerfull compared to what a holy priest brings to the raid. Due to being limited to 10 players (obviously) the amount of raid cooldowns is usually some what limited, but highly needed when not outgearing content.

It's basicly Barrier/PW:Shield/Divine Aeigis/Pain Supression vs holy's raw healing output/Guardian Spirit.

A discipline priest has great synergy with a Resto Druid and Holy Paladin. The priest is creating buffers through absorbs for the druids healing. He/she can assist on raidhealing and do some powerfull tankhealing aswell. In other words play a very versatile role depending on the encounter.
    Your priests gear is perfectly optimized for discpline 10 man healing aswell.

OP looks like you don't like the notion that he is specced disc from the start ^^
    but anyway disc has been viable even far before 4.2 (since 4.6) and imo if you have only one priest it has to be disc!
    the damage mitigation way of disc healing is really nice for your healing compo.
    as for stats, he is doing it right (raid healing i assume) gemming and going all the way for haste.
    although i disagree with his talent build as a raid healer, i would pick atonement (there is virtually no reason for him not to).
    Last edited by Syri277; 2011-07-17 at 01:36 AM.