Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

New Real ID Party Feature Now Available for Testing

Update
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Q: Can I invite a friend of a Real ID friend?
    A: No, you can only invite your own Real ID friends to the party.

Q: Will aspects of the Real ID Party system be premium-based?
    A: We'll have information on this toward the end of the testing period.

New Real ID Party Feature Now Available for Testing
    You heard it here first, the news is now official! the Real ID Party Feature is now available for testing!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    When delving into the depths of Azeroth's darkest dungeons, it always helps to have some friends at your side... now you're able to issue a call to arms no matter what realm they play on. We're pleased to announce the new Real ID Party feature is now available for testing! This new feature will allow World of Warcraft players to invite their real-life Real ID friends of the same faction to a party regardless of the realm they play on, and then queue up for a 5-player regular or Heroic dungeon.

To learn more about Real ID, please visit the Real ID web page and read the FAQ.

For more information about how the Real ID Party system works, check out the FAQ below.

Real ID Party Feature – Test Phase FAQ

Q: What is the Real ID Party feature?
    A: Players can now invite Real ID friends of the same faction to a 5-player normal or Heroic dungeon group, regardless of what realm their friends are on. This system is designed to make it easier for real-life friends to play together.

Q: How do I invite Real ID friends to a Real ID party?
    A: Inviting a Real ID friend to a Real ID Party is simple. Just open up your Friends list to see which Real ID friends are online. Click on the “Plus” button to send an invitation to a Real ID friend to join your group. You can continue to add Real ID friends to your party until the group is complete. If you cannot complete the group with Real ID friends, you are free to join the Dungeon Finder to fill in the missing roles.

Q: Does a player need to have Real ID enabled to accept a Real ID group invite?
    A: Yes, a player must have Real ID enabled, and both players must be Real ID friends to accept or initiate Real ID party invitations.

Q: Can a party leader invite a mix of Real ID friends, character-level friends, guildmates, or random players to the same party?
    A: A party leader can invite any combination of Real ID friends from any realm, guildmates from the same realm, or other characters from the same realm to the same party. If the party leader isn’t able to fill up the entire party, the Dungeon Finder can fill in the missing roles.

Q: Can I invite someone who is not a Real ID friend?
    A: You can only invite members to a party if they are on your Real ID friends list or if they are on the same realm as you are.

Q: Can I invite a friend of a Real ID friend?
    A: No, you can only invite those who are Real ID friends with you directly to the party.

Q: How long will the testing period last?
    A: We haven’t yet determined how long the testing period will last. We'll keep you updated on the status and inform you when the test period is going to end in the future.

Q: Will aspects of the Real ID Party system be premium-based?
    A: We'll have information on the premium-based aspects of the Real ID Party system toward the end of the testing period.

Season Transition Compensation Action
    Originally Posted by Bashiok (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    For our lack of forewarning on the inclusion of new item level 371 gear with Season 10 we’ll be providing the previously announced (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2794770941) 4000 Honor Point compensation during scheduled maintenance on July 19.

During maintenance, 4000 Honor Points will be automatically applied to all characters that spent Honor on any item level 365 items following the release of 4.2, between the June 28 and July 5 maintenances.

The compensation Honor Points given will be able to go over the point cap, but anyone who goes over will not be able to earn more Honor until they spend under the 4000 cap. Any Honor over the cap will need to be spent before the start of Season 11 when it will be converted to gold. Any characters receiving the compensation honor will also receive an in-game mail explaining the compensation and additional details.

Again, we apologize for not communicating the item level 371 gear introduction, and hope these 4000 Honor Points will offer you some help in obtaining the correct items.
    Last edited by Boubouille; 2011-07-14 at 10:19 PM.

so

let everyone test it for free

then make everyone pay for it once they decide they like it

sigh

gg

Deleted
    Is it possible to do Random Battlegrounds with RealID friends as there are no longer battlegroups (for random that is)?

Quote Originally Posted by reverendball View Post
    so

let everyone test it for free

then make everyone pay for it once they decide they like it

sigh

gg
    Couldn't have said it better.

premium? r u shitting me? blizzard u have endless ways to anger me.

Deleted
    Really, peopple get the change to do this for free (the 5 man version will proberbly stay free) and still cry...

Well, I certainly won't be paying for it. I'm alliance and 95% of my Real ID friends are Horde, so no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Aturbus View Post
    Is it possible to do Random Battlegrounds with RealID friends as there are no longer battlegroups (for random that is)?
    No. Read the blue post. 5-man dungeons only.

not working in eu?

That's only speculation that the 5 man version will stay free, if they actually announced that it was I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't complain then.

Blizzard, HOW DARE YOU! How dare you spend precious development time making a new, interesting feature and then turn around and try to make money off said development time. I AM ENTITLED TO EVERYTHING YOU EVER MAKE FOR FREE BECAUSE I BOUGHT THAT GAME THAT ONE TIME.

I wonder why Blizzard is doing everything they can to kill server community. That is why a lot of people got in to MMOs. Seems like a strange thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by w00faz View Post
    not working in eu?
    Previous news post stated nothing was live about it in Europe yet. Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    I wonder why Blizzard is doing everything they can to kill server community. That is why a lot of people got in to MMOs. Seems like a strange thing to do.
    Server communities have been feeling dead for a while now so there really won't be a change to it.

Deleted
    would be epic, if it would be for free, i mean, we have to pay for the game itself, so they would not break an arm if they bring it non-premium

Quote Originally Posted by Jadora View Post
    Blizzard, HOW DARE YOU! How dare you spend precious development time making a new, interesting feature and then turn around and try to make money off said development time. I AM ENTITLED TO EVERYTHING YOU EVER MAKE FOR FREE BECAUSE I BOUGHT THAT GAME THAT ONE TIME.
    You play this game for free? That's a pretty neat trick.

Deleted
    payed or not i will prob get the feature but i wish the test was in the EU... i cant test it =[ any idea when the Eu will get the test phase.. if at all?

10+ Year Old Account
    You are pretty gud at this game Boub.

Deleted
    Is there any way to deny those pathetic 4000 honor? I dont want to recieve them because i dont accept their shitty solution to their huge mistake.The new real id feature will be premium feature that will cost something like the remote-function.Blizzard would never let a function like that go to their users for free. Piece of shit company...

Deleted

ahaha, you win good sir

I count the subscription fee as what I pay to whine on the official forums, what else would it be for since I clearly already own anything and everything blizzard ever makes?