Thread: Mind spike.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    In Blood Legions world #2 Alyzrasor I see A LOT of mind spikes going off in the burnphase, which have had me puzzled wondering if MS>MB rotations is higher for us during single target hero nuke phases. Maybe it was done to not having to suffer the extra time it takes to apply dots. Thoughts?

youtube link (after youtube.com/): watch?v=pjFDijezKjs

10+ Year Old Account
    I use it in rotation in pvp sometimes.
    Mindspike x3 --> vamp touch --> instant mind blast, swain, dev plague, etc.

Also when you get kicked mindflaying you can still use mindspike.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    In Blood Legions world #2 Alyzrasor I see A LOT of mind spikes going off in the burnphase, which have had me puzzled wondering if MS>MB rotations is higher for us during single target hero nuke phases. Maybe it was done to not having to suffer the extra time it takes to apply dots. Thoughts?

youtube link (after youtube.com/): watch?v=pjFDijezKjs
    Most likely the healers bursting/regaining mana since nuking him during 0-50 energy gives 10% mana each spell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    I use it in rotation in pvp sometimes.
    Mindspike x3 --> vamp touch --> instant mind blast, swain, dev plague, etc.

Also when you get kicked mindflaying you can still use mindspike.
    Beat me too it. This is an extremely useful spell in PvP now, DoT and try to juke an interurpt. If they don't bite, just flay like crazy until they get scared and find their elusive button to lock you out of shadow for a few seconds. Since Mindspike is 'shadowfrost' it's still useable, so just spike em to death or once the shadow lockout goes away Mind blast 100% crit and x2 SW.

Warriors can mess this up by making diatance for a fresh charge and DKs have extra lockouts but it's still a great option now.

Edit for, this is just adorable:

and x2 SW.
    Last edited by Primernova; 2011-07-17 at 10:07 AM.

In a 10 man, any single thing with less than about 5-600k is quicker to kill with MS/MB/SW. If there any many mobs, then multi dotting is the way to go, but for a single mob at around half a mill your dots don't really get enough time to roll out any useful dps.
    This does all depend on the rest of your raid group and whether or not you really care for it. Sometimes I'll start rolling out the dots and the target is dead by the time I get through a flay.

Well I tried it. The 3xMS MB at the start of a fight, and it works well for targets with 200k health or less. But starting out I like just doting up first and doing my usual rotation, but when the boss got low. Like 25%-5% health; if my SW was on CD; I tried it. Did 3xMS, MB, and my 2xSW again. It seemed to work well for me. Is this good? or no?

I'd like some opinions.
    XD

Also, I never really do multi-dotting. If there are 3 or less I just do single target, if there are 4 or more I target tank, fade, and just use mind sear (unless not okay to do so in fights involving CC, etc.) . I Sometimes use mind sear even if there are three or less if Im feeling lazy :P

Lol, Shadow word : Smilie LOL
    Last edited by azza; 2011-07-18 at 02:48 PM.